The Psychology of the Steroid User

She'll get over it. We had a fight the other night and I was an ass so she's proly mad about that and blaming what I'm taking.

Sounds like you guys have some serious trust issues. Maybe you should postpone the wedding and work on some relationship fundamentals. Just coming from a guy who has been married for a long time.

Hester,

About to run a cycle in JUL and haven't told my fiancee-want to put it off until my next cycle when were married. It's just one of those things where I completely disagree with the law (obviously most of us do) and feel I'm being responsible and healthy with my own body (far beyond the average person or athlete). I know it's EXTREMELY important to have that open communication with your wife just don't want to bring it up leading to the marriage. Suggestions? How'd your conversation go?

Anyone else experience this or have suggestions?

So you think it's wrong for me to be juicing if my fiancé isn't ok with it ? Not sure what you mean about the trust issues.

DDtexas the only reason my fiancé cares is that it's against the law she said if a doctor prescribed it she wouldn't care. I guess she thinks the cops would bust in and find my 4 bottles lol

I'm going to let someone else handle that question since I thought I was allowed to. Last year she didn't care she just didnt wana see it and she didn't want me to be moody. She said just don't let her know. She's probly honestly mad that I spent $400 bc I told her a cycle only cost around $150

I wouldn't take my advice but I wouldn't tell her.

So you think it's wrong for me to be juicing if my fiancé isn't ok with it ? Not sure what you mean about the trust issues.

I am referring to going through your phone while you sleep and suspecting you of cheating on her. That doesn't sound like trust to me.

You also chose to tell her about the cycle but you lied about parts of it (e.g. actual cost).

Oh. Gotcha. I don't think she thinks I would cheat. I think
She's insecure with her weight even though she's beautiful. I agree she shouldn't have went through my phone but I don't have anything to hide. I just needed to talk about it to get it off my chest. Can't tell any friends or anything bc I don't let anyone know I take anything

Hester or anyone else who can contribute-

How'd you bring up the subject of AAS use with your fiancee? I've been thinking about printing out intelligent, concise literature, explaining to her why I want to do it, give he my actual testimony about it's use and give her the printouts so she'll have legit info to reference instead of googling "steroids" and finding a bunch of bogus crap.

Thoughts? Megatron advice?

Hester or anyone else who can contribute-

How'd you bring up the subject of AAS use with your fiancee? I've been thinking about printing out intelligent, concise literature, explaining to her why I want to do it, give he my actual testimony about it's use and give her the printouts so she'll have legit info to reference instead of googling "steroids" and finding a bunch of bogus crap.

Thoughts? Megatron advice?

Wait until you are married.

Megatron,

That's what I was thinking. How'd you broach the subject? I understand if you've been together for a long time, have kids, etc there is a lot more trust and respect built up but in a new marriage it can be trecherous territory. Especially as she has NEVER done any drugs or even smoked a cigarette. All the bunk info on gear out there makes her and almost everyone else believe the exagerated hype. Any suggestions on how to bring it up? Another obstacle I foresee is the whole pinning part-think that will freak her out. Do you pin in front of your wife? Have you ever? Guessing you're one of the lucky guys who's wife will even help pin!

Thanks for the help

Megatron,

That's what I was thinking. How'd you broach the subject? I understand if you've been together for a long time, have kids, etc there is a lot more trust and respect built up but in a new marriage it can be trecherous territory. Especially as she has NEVER done any drugs or even smoked a cigarette. All the bunk info on gear out there makes her and almost everyone else believe the exagerated hype. Any suggestions on how to bring it up? Another obstacle I foresee is the whole pinning part-think that will freak her out. Do you pin in front of your wife? Have you ever? Guessing you're one of the lucky guys who's wife will even help pin!

Thanks for the help

My situation is a little different. I was on TRT first. So we had talked about TRT a lot. What it does. How it works. And so on. All I had to do was tell her I was going to trying increasing my dose. After I explained what that meant she thought it would be a good idea. She has never pinned me, but I have pined her with testosterone! She wanted to try it too after we did some research together.

I did make one thing clear to her before I started my first blast. I told her that my libido would probably go through the roof. I let her know that I would need her help with that.

Maybe what you could do is float a balloon and tell her you have a friend at work that is going on TRT and start discussing his situation with her. See how she reacts to it.

Megatron,

Unique situation indeed. Somewhat like your suggestion I've thought about telling her my intentions of going on full TRT when the time comes as well as HGH cycles yearly. I think I'll gauge her reaction to that and go from there. About to do a 4 month cycle, going to explain it with prohormones-might use that as a spring board for the talk.

Thanks for the reply and info. I know she'll love the libido through the roof part!

My situation is a little different. I was on TRT first. So we had talked about TRT a lot. What it does. How it works. And so on. All I had to do was tell her I was going to trying increasing my dose. After I explained what that meant she thought it would be a good idea. She has never pinned me, but I have pined her with testosterone! She wanted to try it too after we did some research together.

I did make one thing clear to her before I started my first blast. I told her that my libido would probably go through the roof. I let her know that I would need her help with that.

Maybe what you could do is float a balloon and tell her you have a friend at work that is going on TRT and start discussing his situation with her. See how she reacts to it.

Your a lucky man !

We made up last night. She said she wasn't happy with how much I spent but she likes the sex while I'm on cycle. She said her only concerns were being able to make babies and drug tests. After a quick google search showing her all is good. Damn it feels good not having to hide my gear and be sneaky. Marriage is about trust, maybe you should consider talking to her about it. First say you're considering pro hormones. Then a couple days later say after more research even tho they are legal that you're research turns up anabolic steroids are safer ?

If you think she'll freak out and sabotage the whole endeavor, or that it will compromise the relationship, I would not tell her. That's just me.

I'm married for 8 years with 2 kids, and I've found there's some things she can't know. It's better for everyone. Is it "healthy"? I dunno, but it works for me. Every girl is different as is every relationship.

I've tried to let her in on some things before and it's never worked out for me. Some people can't be reasoned with when it comes to certain subjects, and those people unfortunately will be kept out of the loop, for their own good. My therapist said this was OK BTW, for what it's worth, Lol.

If you think she'll freak out and sabotage the whole endeavor, or that it will compromise the relationship, I would not tell her. That's just me.

I'm married for 8 years with 2 kids, and I've found there's some things she can't know. It's better for everyone. Is it "healthy"? I dunno, but it works for me. Every girl is different as is every relationship.

I've tried to let her in on some things before and it's never worked out for me. Some people can't be reasoned with when it comes to certain subjects, and those people unfortunately will be kept out of the loop, for their own good. My therapist said this was OK BTW, for what it's worth, Lol.

Curious as to what these things are... If you don't mind sharing?

this is such a great topic.

Having just finished my first cycle I have faced heaven and hell during these 12 weeks. And I know a lot of people go through the same.

During these 3 months I was presented to a bunch of new feelings and sensations.
And to be fair, my mind always overworked a bit since a little kid, so everything I experienced during my cycled was, indeed, maximized.

Being on a cycle definitely helps with your self confidence. Therefore you grow not only physically. You learn a lot about yourself and your ability to control emotions (talk about aggression). Being on edge a lot of times as well.
The anxiety of the first pins, possible side effects, potential gains...
"Is the gear good?" "Have I pinned right?" *Squirt of blood comes out... *Blood in the syringe... "OMG such a great pump after training!" "I feel invincible!" "I feel like shit" *morning wood "I feel 17 again" *had a bad day...anxiety strikes...feel so angry!

Can anyone relate?

And for a lot of us (myself included) going through all of these new experiences without any support system. Can't tell the girl. Can't tell the friends. Can't tell the mom or the dad. So I turn to you brothers.

Steroid users are complicated people. They are people that go to great lengths to achieve a goal they developed on their own. They are faced with many obstacles that are foreign to most people. They have to harness bizarre motives and tolerate tortures that for most, there are no single or obvious solutions. They have to turn what is pain for others into pleasure and turn torture into satisfaction. Through these challenges, the person finds an aid, anabolic steroids.

But this helping hand comes with a cost. Feelings of power are coupled with feelings of insecurities, rage, dependence along with a laundry list of physiological side effects. The user can inject himself, pick up heavy things and eat lots of meat, but how do they handle the negative changes that take place once they become a user?

What this forum IS:
This forum is designed to provide a place for users to discuss all of the psychological (emotions, stress, moods, changes in behavior, libido, perception, motivation, depression, relationships, etc.) issues that come along with steroid use.

What this forum IS NOT:
Posts in this forum will likely be personal and related to sensitive topics. Flaming and judging will not be tolerated but discussions of related experiences and possible solutions are welcome.

I will be here to provide insight and guidance that I have gained over years of being passionate about both psychology and steroids. Any issues that you do not feel comfortable discussing in the open forum, please pm me and I will help as much as I can.

Welcome to Psychology and Steroids.
Do you have one of these for heroin use? ...jk

Maybe its not the steroids that are changing your perception but maybe they are helping you make decisions about feeling you have been suppressing for a while. I noticed when i started my cycle things i used to ignore about my wife's behavior towards me i now analyse and it puts me in a place where i feel like i have to make a decision. Not sure if thats what your going through but thats my experience. I really have t bite my lip a lot when on cycle because i feel more confident to speak my mind and how i feel where as before i would just deal.

Back