The Psychology of the Steroid User

Hi ppl I looking for some advice if possable? Iv not long started training and started my first cycle on Sunday with Sustanon (sust) and deca for 8/10 weeks. I'm happy with how I'm training and eating and with the cycle iv chosen ( thanks to advice on a different forum) but wot i am a bit worried about it wot sides I might experience especially the psychology side of it. Has anyone had a similar cycle to mine and if so wot did u experience? All feed back would be much appreciated. JamboCraig

Hey Jambo! Can you do me a favor and start a new thread on your issue? Just go to Psychology and Steroids->New Thread at the top left. thanks!

Ive done 3 PH cycles and loved all of them... I was in love after the first cycle... I tend to stress alot / overthink things (anxiety) when im not on some sort of supp. When i get on a cycle I find myself thinking so much clearer- Theres no more of the worrying about randomn things. Its a great feeling. The only thing i worry about on a cycle is my health.

Steroids should be researched more for correlation to anxiety.

I just did my first pin today of test e. It was a little scary im not going to lie, but i got it done in my quad. Im doing 500mg week for 10-12 weeks.

I will admit im a little worried about coming off the gear... Ive never done any AAS before, and im worried i will crash even harder than i do from PH's. By crash i mean getting that anxious mindset back, which sucks after being so confident and pure for so long.

Yea i got on cycle and figured out the girl I was with was not worth having. I'm still on cycle, so I'm still glad I did it. But I think that's just b/c she was bitching about me going to the gym 5-6 nights a week. She was one of those that thought she had to be attached to the hip all of the time.

Yea i got on cycle and figured out the girl I was with was not worth having. I'm still on cycle, so I'm still glad I did it. But I think that's just b/c she was bitching about me going to the gym 5-6 nights a week. She was one of those that thought she had to be attached to the hip all of the time.

Get her on a cycle too and have her come to the gym with you. You have a spotter everytime you workout so you dont have to worry about goin to heavy. Problem solved.

Yeah I was wonderin that. I thought when you go on (TEST) a cycle you would feel happy with Glee and joy. I wouldnt think that roids would actually have you all pissed off and depressed in stuff.

First train your mind and the body will follow. In a certain manner all those emotions cand be controlled.

Yeah I was wonderin that. I thought when you go on (TEST) a cycle you would feel happy with Glee and joy. I wouldnt think that roids would actually have you all pissed off and depressed in stuff.

That is what surprised me too, bro.

I am 42 and on my first cycle, 500MG test E for 15 weeks, right now in week 9.
It has helped me in the gym, my body is changing

I have noticed some mental changes as well, all good but one

I have a better feeling about myself, my marriage (wife and I have really reconnected the past few months), work and just life in general. I just feel good.

Libido is thru the roof. At time it is out of control. Lucky for me I have a wife that likes taking care of her man if you know what I mean, she does know I am on Test.

Here is the one mental negative.

I keep thinking about my wife’s sex past. Yes this is stupid since I have been married for 20 years. Please note she was not some merry go round girl that fucked everyone, she was with 4 guys before me. I know all about her sex past before we got marriage and it NEVER bothered me or did I give a shit. Her past is her past and my past is mine. The past week this has been driving me crazy. It’s got to be the Test right. Anyone ever have AAS affect them this way?

I am 42 and on my first cycle, 500MG test E for 15 weeks, right now in week 9.
It has helped me in the gym, my body is changing

I have noticed some mental changes as well, all good but one

I have a better feeling about myself, my marriage (wife and I have really reconnected the past few months), work and just life in general. I just feel good.

Libido is thru the roof. At time it is out of control. Lucky for me I have a wife that likes taking care of her man if you know what I mean, she does know I am on Test.

Here is the one mental negative.

I keep thinking about my wife***8217;s sex past. Yes this is stupid since I have been married for 20 years. Please note she was not some merry go round girl that fucked everyone, she was with 4 guys before me. I know all about her sex past before we got marriage and it NEVER bothered me or did I give a shit. Her past is her past and my past is mine. The past week this has been driving me crazy. It***8217;s got to be the Test right. Anyone ever have AAS affect them this way?

I had the same thing. Drove me absolutely CRAZY. the trust went away. I think its a combination of extreme jealously and possesiveness. I was angry because someone else used to make her happy. it was completely delusional and stupid.

I'm not sure how many people come by and check this forum out, but I figure i'll go on a slight ramble with a question or two squeezed in there.

I am still researching for my 1st cycle (I'll be 28 years old when I start, just wanting to natty cut to a lower BF% then do a clean bulk)

What I am curious about is the psychological issues of coming off of a test cycle. I was diagnosed with PTSD last November from my time in Afghanistan in 2009. I don't have super extreme depression bouts where I think about suicide or anything that bad, I can just have some mood swings, or i'll feel really down about life, won't be able to sleep because my mind is racing, etc.

Now, I keep reading the euphoria that comes with running an AAS cycle, it sounds amazing and people compare it to feeling like a super hero, I'm just curious about some of the vets on here who have done cycles, and what it feels like during PCT and afterwards. Will I lose a ton of my gains even if I do proper PCT and stay consistent in the gym? I know I will have to wait upwards of 18-20 weeks before my next cycle but I just want to do 1 cycle per year and after my 1st cycle, experience with different compounds such as Tren.

Anyways, hope some people can shed some light on this for me as i've been reading a lot about people doing PCT and feeling groggy or having no energy, just not sure if they are either doing their PCT wrong or if that is normal?

Thanks!

I'm on cycle now and having good/bad issues. Right now my ego is through the roof. I think(know) I can have any girl I want. My girl has been complaining about me going to the gym even tho it's just for an hour after I leave work. I think she's not comfortable with me lifting and worried I'll look too good and leave her. She went through my phone while I was asleep and saw where I just ordered some more vials to extend my cycle. She flipped about it. Saying I've been lying saying I wasn't taking anything illegal but last year she told me she didn't care just don't let her find out? So she wants me to stop but I'm wanting to finish this last 5 or 6 weeks. Right now I only care about myself and I'm hoping it's just the tren bc I wana be happy with her again

I'm on cycle now and having good/bad issues. Right now my ego is through the roof. I think(know) I can have any girl I want. My girl has been complaining about me going to the gym even tho it's just for an hour after I leave work. I think she's not comfortable with me lifting and worried I'll look too good and leave her. She went through my phone while I was asleep and saw where I just ordered some more vials to extend my cycle. She flipped about it. Saying I've been lying saying I wasn't taking anything illegal but last year she told me she didn't care just don't let her find out? So she wants me to stop but I'm wanting to finish this last 5 or 6 weeks. Right now I only care about myself and I'm hoping it's just the tren bc I wana be happy with her again

You made the mistake of telling your girlfriend. That never goes well. While I think you should tell your wife (or husband), do not tell your boyfriend or girlfriend.

She's my fiancé were about to get married in a month. I didn't tell her she saw the western union receipt to china for $X in my email lol

Last edited by a moderator:
She'll get over it. We had a fight the other night and I was an ass so she's proly mad about that and blaming what I'm taking.

Back