thinking about slin

malibu350

Okay...to start off I'll be 26 in 2 weeks i'm 5'9" currently 219lbs give or take and about 10-11% I would post pics but can't find my friggin camera. Anways I've been on Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) for almost 4 years currently using 200mg/prop EOD and about 400mg of EQ a week. I've made unbelievable strength gains with this cycle. The best yet by far, i contribute this to learning how to train more, being in better condition when I started also being off cycle for over a year.

My nutrition is pretty much spot on...my strength goes up with every workout either more reps or more weight...so I know I'm good there....

so back to my main ?....I've done some research on slin....but haven't used it yet...I am competing so I know it is something that I will need to do at some point. Big question is.....how do you know when ur ready???? and is it better PWO with carbs....or throughout the day??? I know Humalog seems to be the insulin of choice....what does the average person start out using???

well I think i've tried to cover everything....if anyone needs anymore info let me know...I accept all opinions and recommendations :)

I've used Humalog a few times by itself and as part of a stack. It's the fast-acting, so it's in and out of your system fairly quickly which is ideal. I'd only recommend using it post-workout. I'd start off very low (2-4 iu) and increase by 2 iu until you reach your desired (yet still safe) dose which will probably be in the neighborhood of 10 iu. Always be on the lookout for signs of hypo (irritability, dizzyness, aloofness, etc.) and have some simple carbs (glucose tabs, soda, honey, etc.) on hand just in case.

How do you know your ready? I suppose when you've exhausted every avenue in researching insulin use and the possible consequences of misuse. Unlike AAS, if you fuck up even once while using insulin, you get to take the dirt nap. It's pretty difficult to do unless you're totally irresponsible and careless. Nevertheless, the possibility exists and is very real.

There is a great insulin primer in the article section of this site. It's a very good read.

thanks for the good advice....I guess as far as being ready i was wondering if the was a recommended point in growth etc...because like Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) ppl say make sure you are as strong as you can be...

when reaching your desired state??? how do you know that's what you desire??? I've heard of ppl taking it PWO and then cramming a bunch of carbs...then they take a nap because of the rapid drop in blood sugar...is this true?

just read the article that you referenced...very good information...kinda the answer I was looking for.....I'm thinking that I may try it in a couple weeks.

malibu350 said:
just read the article that you referenced...very good information...kinda the answer I was looking for.....I'm thinking that I may try it in a couple weeks.

Just be extremely CAREFUL bro. Other then the competing BB, I tell everyone to just stand clear if they are not diabetic or have documented insulin level problems, etc.
You sound like you've put alot of thought/research in to this but just wanted to put my .02 cents in for ya... because I put Insulin (for the totally healthy individual) at a MUCH HIGHER risk then any aas. One miss calc or one expiement could put you in a coma. Not to mention the damage you could be doing to your natural levels and pancreatic functions.

JayC said:
Just be extremely CAREFUL bro. Other then the competing BB, I tell everyone to just stand clear if they are not diabetic or have documented insulin level problems, etc.
You sound like you've put alot of thought/research in to this but just wanted to put my .02 cents in for ya... because I put Insulin (for the totally healthy individual) at a MUCH HIGHER risk then any aas. One miss calc or one expiement could put you in a coma. Not to mention the damage you could be doing to your natural levels and pancreatic functions.

thanks for the concern...that was a much better response then don't do it!!!!! because you don't need to blah blah blah...yes I just want to make sure that I have all my t's crossed and i's dotted

He Hate Me summed it up rather well. I'll give my outlook on Insulin.

When are you ready: I'd say 70% of people experimenting with insulin would benefit far greater if they were to invest in other areas. The most common results users are after seem to be; sharpened lines, increased pumps, and overall muscle fullness. I noticed all of the above at 10-12iu's, i personally tried insulin, along with IGF, and HGH for experimental purposes only. Would I do it again, NO. For the simple fact that insulin wouldn't be a productive drug for the phsyique I work for.

As far as sides: I think sides in general regarding all performance enhancing drugs are marked for users with minimul experience, most newbies do 1 of 2 things; 1) neglect to test the waters before they dive-in head first, they simply start with either the wrong drug, or their doses are way too high. 2) Research is an after thought, they start their cycle without doing any research whatsoever. The drugs we use to enhance are physical apperance are very powerful, if they're used with responibility and proper caution... any sides that occur can not only be regulated, but are more than manageable. However, when they're used w/ negligence by an irresponsible user the drug will always be in control, in which this is where unmangeable problems occur.

..... Like HHM said, the sides from insulin are extremely real. As long as you make yourself aware that going hypo will only be prevalant if you're not properly prepared. Always have access to fast-acting carbs.

I think there's a few supps to take while on insulin; Licorice root, Safflower flowers, dandelion root, horseradish root will help regulate blood sugar levels... it'll also enhance the interrlated function of the pancreas and adernal. I'm pretty sure there's a supplement that contains all these ingredients... i think it's called Natures sunshine, or Natures products.

Just remember slow and steady wins the insulin race.

Good Luck

thanks that was an informative post...I'll ask my mom about that product...she sells natures sunshine products...I learned from my very first cycle to do the research...cuz I didn't...just listened to the gym rat that got it for me....bad mistake...now I want to make sure that I know everything about how something works before trying it out...

PARKER27 said:
He Hate Me summed it up rather well. I'll give my outlook on Insulin.

When are you ready: I'd say 70% of people experimenting with insulin would benefit far greater if they were to invest in other areas. The most common results users are after seem to be; sharpened lines, increased pumps, and overall muscle fullness. I noticed all of the above at 10-12iu's, i personally tried insulin, along with IGF, and HGH for experimental purposes only. Would I do it again, NO. For the simple fact that insulin wouldn't be a productive drug for the phsyique I work for.

As far as sides: I think sides in general regarding all performance enhancing drugs are marked for users with minimul experience, most newbies do 1 of 2 things; 1) neglect to test the waters before they dive-in head first, they simply start with either the wrong drug, or their doses are way too high. 2) Research is an after thought, they start their cycle without doing any research whatsoever. The drugs we use to enhance are physical apperance are very powerful, if they're used with responibility and proper caution... any sides that occur can not only be regulated, but are more than manageable. However, when they're used w/ negligence by an irresponsible user the drug will always be in control, in which this is where unmangeable problems occur.

..... Like HHM said, the sides from insulin are extremely real. As long as you make yourself aware that going hypo will only be prevalant if you're not properly prepared. Always have access to fast-acting carbs.

I think there's a few supps to take while on insulin; Licorice root, Safflower flowers, dandelion root, horseradish root will help regulate blood sugar levels... it'll also enhance the interrlated function of the pancreas and adernal. I'm pretty sure there's a supplement that contains all these ingredients... i think it's called Natures sunshine, or Natures products.

Just remember slow and steady wins the insulin race.

Good Luck

Great post!!! Perfectly put Dr. P :)

well i think i'm going down south this weekend...to pick some up...gonna get humalog...next ? is...do you cycle it??? that I haven't been able to find out...how long can you stay on it?

deltaboy14 said:
try a month and see how it worked for you

okay so a month on...then how long off before I try it again??? and it seems from other posts that I've read that's it's good to take post cycle to help keep ur gains.

dont know about protocols people use to take it...i am going to try it for the first time in a couple of weeks..im gonna do it for a month 10 iu PWO..then probably stay off another month and maybe hit it again depending on the results..im gonna run it with test eq tren and dbol

It's a great recovery drug. Won't put HUGE weight gain on you or anythin glike that. Iw ould reccommend it. I don't think you will get fat unless you do it wrong...

:blue:
skarhead1 said:
It's a great recovery drug. Won't put HUGE weight gain on you or anythin glike that. Iw ould reccommend it. I don't think you will get fat unless you do it wrong...

good cuz that's the main thing I want to avoid....besides death of course...I train a doctor...and i've been picking his brain...he's going to hook me up with a friend of his that is an endocrinologist...so i'm going to try and get all the scientific help from the experts that i can let you know how it goes in the coming weeks...I dunno if I want to start monday after I get it...or hold off for a week or so...so tempting...

well...i think I didn't get humalog....even though that's what I told the guy...he gave me humalin-R...said it was mexican humalog...the same thing...which according to everything i've read it's different....sooooo anybody got any experience with it?

They are very different; Humalin-R is an old Eli Lilly product that was designed as a fast-acting insulin. Humalin-R is Zinc-Insulin crystals dissolved inclear fluid for application.

Humalog is The new Eli Lilly product designed as a rapid-acting insulin. Humalog was the first Insulin Analog, in which they changed the sequence of amino acids in the insulin molecule; strained from Escherichia Coli bacteria that's genetically altered to produce insulin lispro.

Humalin-R begins activity in 10-20 minutes, were Humalog begins immediately. Humalog is a much smarter drug if there was such.....

What you have will work..... However, production on Humalin has been obsolete for some time now. It wouldn't hurt to see if you could acquire some Humalog.

Good Luck

thanks for the education on the different types of insulin...i'll see if i can find something else...but i miscalcualted the dosage of units...and got 5 10ml bottles...thinking that it was only 50 IUS...when in fact it's 5000ius LOL...guess I have enough for awhile

Humalog is the only version I'd use.

You'll be amazed when you see just how small 10iu (or whatever amount you'll be using) actually is.

Back