Thinking of going the Maximus route

Yeah they are all full of shit and lazy slobs with no real experience with testosterone replacement therapy (TRT). It should be malpractice for a doctor to tell a young man with a 300 something test level that he's fine.

No doubt! In regards to the physical examination, do you know if all I have to do is print off that physical exam form from the maximushrt site, and just bring it to my doctor at a next appt, and ask him to fill it out for me? Or how does that work?

What do you guys tell your doctor when you show them the Physical Intake Form and ask them to fill it out? I'm getting my physical on Thursday.

I've decided against getting bloodwork done during my physical. I don't want to take the chance that they dont do all the proper tests. I'm going to use Labcorp.

Annual physicals such as the one required are routinely required by personal trainers prior to beginning any type of workout regimine.

Well, I had my physical. I brought my doctor the Physical Intake Form. Jeez was he curious as to why he was filling it out. He got especially curious when I showed him what tests I wanted done. I told him my symptoms and he suggested that maybe I should try an antidepressant. I'm already on one and feel like shit. I told him I needed the form filled out because I was joining a boxing gym. He wanted to keep a copy of the form. Call me paranoid, but I suspect he's going to Google the fax number on it and see what comes up. Either way, I'm anxiously awaiting my BW results. I may not have a Phd, but Its my life, not his.

Cjw,

Which test will give me the 3 digit number that seems to be the one that everyone quotes around here? The one where the range is like 300-800?

That is total testosterone. You still need free testosterone and SHBG though. Those mean everything....

Cjw

Is Total T the result I got back from my previous test? (previous page) Do I need to convert the number or something? I don't mean to grill you, I'm just impatient. I can't wait for my new results.

It should say total or free testosterone. That range looks like free testosteroe and it is smack in the low middle side. Not where I would want it but let's see the total testosterone level.

New lab results:

SHBG: 44 nmol/L (8-48)
Estradiol: <20 PG/ML
Free T4: .87 NG/DL (.61-1.12)
Total T: 332 NG/DL (175-781)

I will be faxing my labs to Chip tonight!

Comments?

Last edited:
Cjw

Is Total T the result I got back from my previous test? (previous page) Do I need to convert the number or something? I don't mean to grill you, I'm just impatient. I can't wait for my new results.

I don't mean to come off as rude, but if you are this unfamiliar with the tests/values and what they mean, maybe a bit of self research is in order before you jump right into testosterone replacement therapy (TRT). It isn't something to be taken lightly...

I've done plenty of self research. My T levels are low and my SHBG is high. I'm posting on here to not only get information, but to also share my my experience, step by step. Maybe others who are hesitant or scared of the process will read my thread and start their journey of self research.

hey all,
my father is in his late 50s and has a few problems which i think are extremely typical of testosterone deficiency. I told him he would be a prime candidate for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and he seemed interested. I just need to give him a link via email for more information. Does anyone know of "no-BS" websites that offer good information? I figured I would probably recommend him to go through MaximusHRT in the end but I just want to make sure he is well-informed before he begins his therapy.

PS: would testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) heal his joints any? He's got some pretty funky things going on including a bad rotator cuff and bum knees. And he has to travel A LOT for his job (internationally), should he be concerned about crossing through customs with prescribed steroids?

Last edited:
Guambomb,

You would be better off starting your own thread. BTW, Maximus is no-BS. Chip is great to work with.

If you have a prescription you can carry it. My joints were always aching before I got on testosterone...then my digestion and stuff got better and all the joint pain went away. Now I can squat 500 lbs and not have any pain the next day whereas before I would just get random aches walking around. And I'm not an old man either. Now I feel good as gold. I've checked out the others and their prices are high as hell compared to Chip. Chip's docs are the cheapest I know of. I have seen some other guys throw around prices on other forums and none come even close to how cheap Chip's docs are. And you will be getting what you need, not given estrogen stress. If testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is done wrong it can cause more problems than good...example giving someone gel or letting their estrogen get high for a long time.

no kidding, it resolves GI problems too???
my dad has had diarrhea for decades now!
This could really be the perfect gift for him...

Last edited:
I mean it increases appetite and whatnot. Low testosterone will cause about any symptom. You might need to add in 5-htp to fix his digestion along with testosterone. Testosterone will kill yeast overgrowth and increase insulin sensitivity which could help a lot of digestion issues. It removed my brain fog after eating.

Back