thinking of taking steroids. is there a way to almost totally eliminate the risks?

skinnnyguy

i'm pretty out of shape, and i want to jumpstart my progress. Normally the human body can only gain 2lb of muscle a month. that blows..

So i read the sticky about all the steroid risks. Manboobs, acne, heart problems, moonfaces... well, the whole reason i want to get muscle is so i'll be physically attractive to girls. So later in the post it talks about preventive measures.

I'm wondering just how effective and reliable these preventive measure are to prevent those risks? Cause really, getting manboobs and water retention in my face will ruin my life.

Do research, don't be stupid and you most certainly will not have risks like that.

As in, don't jump in 1g test/500mg tren/300mg deca with no PCT or any ancillaries what so ever then complain your dick ain't working

If you dont already have a good base, and I am guessing you dont on account of your user name and your post, then youll have bigger worries than the ones listed if you jump into cycling right now. I agree with the other poster. You need to do a LOT more research. Especially on how it can affect your likely weak tendons for one.

Gyno won't ruin your life. I've had gyno since I was in HS and it's barely noticeable - I'm probably the only one who knows I have it. Surgery is always an option.

Water retention in your face ruining your life? Are you kidding? It's only a few weeks.

Risks are blown way out of proportion unless you do something like blast 1g of tren for a year straight.

Have appropriate AI's on hand, get bloods done occasionally and you minimize risks. Are the risks still there? Yes, but I'd rather take my chances with the risks from gear rather than from shit diet/smoking/drinking/narcotics/antidepressants like most of the population does.

So i read the sticky about all the steroid risks. Manboobs, acne, heart problems, moonfaces... well, the whole reason i want to get muscle is so i'll be physically attractive to girls. So later in the post it talks about preventive measures.

This is the wrong reason. Unless you're a fucking underwear model. Lift for you. Get fucking big for you because you live in the gym. Because it makes you feel good to walk in that door. There are three billion people on the planet with a vagina. I am guessing a few of them find your skinny ass worth a rub up against a bathroom wall. Injecting steroids into your body should not be done because you don't have enough pussy in your life.

Sounds like you have a lot of work to do before you're ready for AAS.

If you dont already have a good base, and I am guessing you dont on account of your user name and your post, then youll have bigger worries than the ones listed if you jump into cycling right now. I agree with the other poster. You need to do a LOT more research. Especially on how it can affect your likely weak tendons for one.

I see, so my tendons do not grow alongside my muscles? If that's the case then you've convinced me not to go through with this. Anyone else have anything to say about this?

Gyno won't ruin your life. I've had gyno since I was in HS and it's barely noticeable - I'm probably the only one who knows I have it. Surgery is always an option.

Water retention in your face ruining your life? Are you kidding? It's only a few weeks.

Risks are blown way out of proportion unless you do something like blast 1g of tren for a year straight.

Have appropriate AI's on hand, get bloods done occasionally and you minimize risks. Are the risks still there? Yes, but I'd rather take my chances with the risks from gear rather than from shit diet/smoking/drinking/narcotics/antidepressants like most of the population does.

Having to drop 6k to get gyro surgery does not sound like my idea of a fun time. I don't have a good job and I can't afford that much money, and having manboobs is going to absolutely crush my already low self esteem.

and are you certain water retention is only for a few weeks? If that's the case then that's fine, i'm just scared that it might be permanent.

There are three billion people on the planet with a vagina. I am guessing a few of them find your skinny ass worth a rub up against a bathroom wall.

i know this might sound like a stupid question to you but.. do you really think so? I mean, maybe like one out of a thousand girls(that i find attractive too)... and I would have to literally be lucky to find a girl who'll like me, whereas if I had a bad ass body, i would be able to get girls way easier.

It really is my only reason to want to get muscles... so I can get girls... you guys really think that is so wrong?

I see, so my tendons do not grow alongside my muscles? If that's the case then you've convinced me not to go through with this. Anyone else have anything to say about this?

Having to drop 6k to get gyro surgery does not sound like my idea of a fun time. I don't have a good job and I can't afford that much money, and having manboobs is going to absolutely crush my already low self esteem.

and are you certain water retention is only for a few weeks? If that's the case then that's fine, i'm just scared that it might be permanent.

i know this might sound like a stupid question to you but.. do you really think so? I mean, maybe like one out of a thousand girls(that i find attractive too)... and I would have to literally be lucky to find a girl who'll like me, whereas if I had a bad ass body, i would be able to get girls way easier.

It really is my only reason to want to get muscles... so I can get girls... you guys really think that is so wrong?

I don't think it is a wrong reason, I started to work out(i started at 120lbs and i am 5'11) for the ladies,it took one year(natural training, no steroids) to build up a decent shape, once you look masculine girls will start noticing you, anything beyond that is not for girls but for yourself now 7 years later (ijust did my first cycle at 27) I am 215lbs, married to a very hot woman and it worked, I got all the fine ass bitches I wanted. Steroids will not magically make you into thor, they require a lot more attention thentraining naturally becaus you kinda throw your hormones off balance and you manually have to balance them out, either by feeling or getting constant blood tests, example you can't let your estrogen go too low or too high. Taking steroids is a high risk hobby to take up.

Take care bro, I know exactly where you are coming from.
Steroids are not the answer for you

Tell you what. What happens when you start getting laid? You stop going to the gym? You stop with the gear? Your nuts won't work. You won't feel as awesome as you feel on gear. What then? Lose your gains? Mope around like a sloppy cunt?

I didn't touch gear until my mid 30's. I got plenty of pussy up to that point and I was certainly nothing special to look at. Today, I would argue that I'm still nothing special to look at. I use because the gym is that important to me. I spend probably half my income on food, training, and gear. Pussy comes and pussy goes. You get married, sometimes she's going to be angry and you're not going to get laid no matter how hard your dick is. But those 45lb plates are still going to be 45lbs, and they're always ready to go. That barbell is waiting for you, every time.

Your priorities are wrong.

If you're asking those questions, you haven't done enough research yet. Doing steroids for getting girls is ridiculous. My advice, don't do steroids.

I think you need to reevaluate your reasons #1, #2 you sound young way to young to be taking steroids, #3 You cant just take steroids and expect your body to handle it, you sound like you have ZERO experience in anything at the gym.

You need to know what your doing, you need to be educated fully in working out, in nutrition, in dedication!

Your just going to hurt yourself, read up, workout, eat properly, get your body to its max naturally and you'll then be ready for juice

Dude I gotta get you in on some knowledge.

Everyone of the guys on the forum that are actually active and on here, is not cause they don't have a life. No they have a life, they love the gym and fitness in general. They get on the forum to see each others progress or post their concerns helps others etcs. They dont come on the forum to bash you. Sure some might seem a little rude (remember these are steroids) and it could be side effects or maybe just a bad day who knows. These guys are like 100%.I bet most these dudes are the coolest people youll ever meet. They don't push the wrong stuff on to youngsters and encourage them to fuck their bodies up to score a few bucks. No they give you advice, like check your diet do your own extensive research on side effects and sources . Check your lifting routine. Other common advice is dont take steroids. Why do you think they are against steroid use cause they want to hog up all the good shit? Far from it.

If you have girl problems and feel like maybe they dont show attraction to you, you're wrong. Maybe you have not played the dating game (and it sucks) but its very rare for a girl to come up to a guy spark the convo and try to get in his pants; happens but not often Also guys are oblivious to "cues" or signs that girls give us, idk why but we just are and they are the opposite they pick up on any thing so get to know your self real good (and im not talking about stroking your lil pecker) They prefer for the guy to ask them for their number and initiate the fun. I dont know why but they do.

No one here has challenged you to do something. I want you to ask 10-15 girls for their number by the end of this month. And be ready to be turned down by 7 out of 10. (and please dont pick women that are out or your league be reasonable). I have a feeling that you dont know how to talk to girls. Thats ok. If one of them actually feels you look semi ok theyll talk to you on the phone and evaluate who you are from there. So dont be a weirdo just talk to them dont be shy or scared remember at this point you are just learning how the dating game goes. youll find your own way.

I think you should re evaluate yourself. Do you take care of yourself? File and buff finger and toe nail? Are you Hygienic ? You know floss mouthwash fresh shave? Do you Iron your clothes and clean your shoes? Chicks like I said pick up on the simplest and smallest things, unlike us we don't know shit.

To close, let me tell you something, women are not like men in that we want a fat ass and a pretty face. They want a companion. So a good attitude more than anything is what women like. They are attracted to confidence, most guys with washboard abs and tanned skinned with a bleached anus are quite confident. Not because they are, but because they built their body. Women that date these guys are not attracted to them for companionship they just want to prove to other women that they can score too. (stupid i know but thats how women think)

If you cant build your body
then build your character

even if you juice if you have the best body in the world but dont know how to RELATE to women, youll be in the same boat. Only with a nicer body.

sorry for the long post hope this helps other people though

You can't prevent the risks you mentioned, but you can certainly minimize them to a point where they don't become an issue. Just use your head and do a lot of research. Judging by you questions you don't really know much about gear. And that's exactly how one gets hurt. Don't rush. Do read.

Last edited:
If you don't have the commitment to lift without AAS then you should not have the privilege to lift with AAS.

I'll tell you what I did. I used to workout with weights. Then I started working out with some SF guys for about a year and they only did body weight and kettlebell. A few months ago I started to cross train with weights again. Best thing I have ever done. My form is perfect on eveything and I have muscle endurance. I really got to learn how to control my body weight which I think all people should do before they start lifting weights. As for juice, you're not even close to needing it.

thanks everyone, you have convinced me to at least give it a year of dedicated lifting and eating before steroids. i still want to do steroids though, because i'm asian and i'm pretty sure i will have a very hard time gaining bulk after 1 year. genetics kind of screwed me, also asian stereotypes screwing me too when it comes to getting girls so i'll need to look extra buff to compensate.

about the asking 10 girls for their numbers thing... i just can't man. i look in the mirror and think how can any girl possibly be attracted to that. i have no confidence in my looks at all.. i need to get really really ripped. hopefully in 2 years i'll look like a bodybuilder

thanks everyone, you have convinced me to at least give it a year of dedicated lifting and eating before steroids. i still want to do steroids though, because i'm asian and i'm pretty sure i will have a very hard time gaining bulk after 1 year. genetics kind of screwed me, also asian stereotypes screwing me too when it comes to getting girls so i'll need to look extra buff to compensate.

about the asking 10 girls for their numbers thing... i just can't man. i look in the mirror and think how can any girl possibly be attracted to that. i have no confidence in my looks at all.. i need to get really really ripped. hopefully in 2 years i'll look like a bodybuilder

I suggest a psychologist. For the simple fact that you have body image issues and no matter how big you get you will never be satisfied. This could end in a very grim way for you...

Also you are not goin to look like a bodybuilder in 2 years, no matter how much steroids you pump into yourself, you se to be gravely misonformed about what steroids actually do...

Last edited:
Setting goals and then achieving them is a great way to help boost your self esteem but you have to make sure a set them reasonably. Understand that a lot of guys here have been lifting for years and years and still have not achieved their ideal image yet, it takes patience and persistence. The truth to getting big never changes, its called consistency.

Back