Throwing cardio into a muscle building routine to burn fat

Jablesjables

Hey guys. IM at about 15% bf and i am currently bulking. I am eating pretty clean with
Chicken, fish lean pork and beef
Whole grain brown rice, oats and potato
5 servings of veggies ED
1.5 gallons of water

My calories are at 2,700 for a slow clean bulk.
My question is, ive recently watched the rock eat and excersize and he eats similar to myself, but he adds in an hour of steady paced cardio every morning as part of his Hercules training. What is the point of the cardio? Wouldnt that jepordize his muscle gains? I understand he eats 4,800 clean calories Ed, but i feel as though it would only lower the amount of calories he is giving to his muscle. Could it actually help burn fat while building muscle with that diet?

So if i ate more calories, and did cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, it would burn fat while building muscle if i hit the iron later in the day?
And what about white rice? He eats 4 cups of dry rice everyday. I understand its quick energy, but to stay that lean?

So if i ate more calories, and did cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, it would burn fat while building muscle if i hit the iron later in the day?
And what about white rice? He eats 4 cups of dry rice everyday. I understand its quick energy, but to stay that lean?

No you wouldn't.

I strongly suggest you do not do that since it will accomplish nothing - no benefit to muscle gain, no benefit to fat loss since your eating more.
Cardio plays a very small role for fat loss that is really only applicable to guys below 10%bf - that's when morning fasted cardio has benefits.
Fasted cardio also offers nothing to a bulk.

I think you need to stop trying to copy the rock's routine - are your stats the same as his? Do you know his EXACT diet? Do you know what cycle he's running?
The answer to all of that is no - focus on your own diet & training based on your goals instead.

No you wouldn't.

I strongly suggest you do not do that since it will accomplish nothing - no benefit to muscle gain, no benefit to fat loss since your eating more.
Cardio plays a very small role for fat loss that is really only applicable to guys below 10%bf - that's when morning fasted cardio has benefits.
Fasted cardio also offers nothing to a bulk.

I would have to disagree with this.

When I started my 1st cycle, I had a good base of muscle but nothing crazy. I was 278 lbs..

Doing fasted cardio EVERY morning for 45 minutes..

By the end of my cycle (16 weeks tren/test)
I lost almost 45 lbs on the scale and gained a shit load of muscle.

So you can do both at once..

Just my 2 pennies

I would have to disagree with this.

When I started my 1st cycle, I had a good base of muscle but nothing crazy. I was 278 lbs..

Doing fasted cardio EVERY morning for 45 minutes..

By the end of my cycle (16 weeks tren/test)
I lost almost 45 lbs on the scale and gained a shit load of muscle.

So you can do both at once..

Just my 2 pennies

And your convinced your fat loss is down to cardio alone are you? Nothing to do with your calroci intake or the cycle you ran hmm?
There is no way you lost 45lbs in 16 weeks simply because of fasted cardio - this is a mathematical impossibility.

I'm not disputing what you've accomplished, I'm simply stating your wrong to attribute it to fasted cardio alone. If anything, at your weight the cardio would've been MORE effective if it wasn't fasted since you would have burnt more overall calories - which is what really matters.

I also NEVER said you cant do both at once so dont put words in my mouth :)
My answer was directed to the OP who was asking if he eat at a caloric SURPLUS, OFF cycle, would cardio alone allow him to drop his bf%? The answer is still NO.

It is a simple concept for 99% of all situations. You cant trick the body. Caloric intake vs caloric expenditure. There would be no benefit to adding calories then doing cardio to burn said calories.
Now when people get to super low bf and contest prep etc I feel things change a bit and certain things that do not benefit at higher bf may do just hat slight bit you need, but this doesnt apply to the majority of cases at all.

And your convinced your fat loss is down to cardio alone are you? Nothing to do with your calroci intake or the cycle you ran hmm?
There is no way you lost 45lbs in 16 weeks simply because of fasted cardio - this is a mathematical impossibility.

I'm not disputing what you've accomplished, I'm simply stating your wrong to attribute it to fasted cardio alone. If anything, at your weight the cardio would've been MORE effective if it wasn't fasted since you would have burnt more overall calories - which is what really matters.

I also NEVER said you cant do both at once so dont put words in my mouth :)
My answer was directed to the OP who was asking if he eat at a caloric SURPLUS, OFF cycle, would cardio alone allow him to drop his bf%? The answer is still NO.

if youre at a caloric surplus while doing cardio you will not lose weight. its simple physics.. the point of cardio is to put you at a caloric deficit by increasing energy expenditure..

Back