Tiered of filter my oil hours after hours..

tjavo

Hi

English is not my languages, i guess u already notis ;)

I use syringe filters, but there most be any faster way to filter my oil.

Like a machine, vaccumpump or somethings..

What way are u all filtring ur solutions before u fill the vials and seales them??

Whatman Zapcap, millipore stericup, or Nalgene bottle top filter. Use those with a glass media jar and vacuum pump at 12-15psi

I just tried a roush autofill for the first time. It actually worked pretty good.

I will recommend getting a pump with a gauge. I wish mine had one.. would make things a little easier.

bottle top is the way to go bro, more expensive at first, but you save time and crippling forearm pain wich in my opinion is priceless :)

thanks for the answers!

so it's something like this i need?
medical-and-lab-supplies.com/filtration/disposable-vacuum-filters/complete-filter-units/nalgene-nylon-membrane-complete-unit-500ml-count-12.html

the bottle under the filter, is it sterile or must i sterilize it before use?

cheers!

thanks for the answers!

so it's something like this i need?
medical-and-lab-supplies.com/filtration/disposable-vacuum-filters/complete-filter-units/nalgene-nylon-membrane-complete-unit-500ml-count-12.html

the bottle under the filter, is it sterile or must i sterilize it before use?

cheers!

That is a good one but it's 12 of them. It is best to use a sterile glass media jar on the bottom because the plastic one it comes with can crack if you use too much vacuum. They sell them on that site. You will also need a hand vacuum pump.

It comes together sterile.

the only time I use syringe filter is for small 5 bottle batches.

And use a fucking calking gun for fuck sake people.

take a piece of plywood drill a hole smaller than your calking gun. use a couple of phone books, place board on phone books put gun in hole with filter and needle pointing into bottle. come buy every 15min and give the handle a squeeze.
there are a million ways to hold the calking gun while it filters just get creative.

I use a ceramic Buchner Funnel. It has proven effective and the paper filters are rate at 10-15 micron.

Back