Timing of blood work on 2 shots a week.

kirt09

I have a question for you guys I take a shot every 7 days and when I have blood work I have it done on the 7 day before my next shot. I was thinking about splitting it and taking two shots a week but when would you do blood work and how much would it change your numbers?

Do it on the day you inject, but before said injection - just like you are currently doing.

You should see your peak lower and your trough increase by doing more frequent injections assuming you keep the total weekly dosage the same. In other words, your range should tighten.

Do it on the day you inject, but before said injection - just like you are currently doing.

You should see your peak lower and your trough increase by doing more frequent injections assuming you keep the total weekly dosage the same. In other words, your range should tighten.

Megatron, I'm agreeing with you 100% on this. You've been a great help to me in the past. I know this advise is good and commonly given on here. I'm just adding there may be something extra for kirt09 to consider: His trough is going to increase as you've said. Possibly kirt09 might want to ask himself if he feels his dose is adequate at this level (does he feel symptom free?). I don't know kirt09's TT level, but giving blood work with higher T levels, then he needs to give, might result in a reduction of T dose by his doctor. I'm just saying this may be something for kirt09 to consider when giving blood work at 3.5 days after injection. I'm probably being anal, but I would do every thing in my power not to cause a reduction in T dose IF I were feeling good at said dose. In other words I think twice a week injections are exactly the way to go, I just wonder if the timing of bloodwork should be changed. My logic may be off. If I'm wrong just let me know.

Last edited:
It is easy to game blood work results for your doc if you control the injections. You don't have to get to creative on how to make your TT look lower on the report your doc will see.

It is easy to game blood work results for your doc if you control the injections. You don't have to get to creative on how to make your TT look lower on the report your doc will see.

True enough. People can use time after injection or amount of dose (or a combo) to control TT numbers. It more important that they think thru the ramifications of using (or not using) these the variables (time or amount), beforehand. It's a little late to make changes or corrections after the doctor has the test results. lol

Megatron, I'm agreeing with you 100% on this. You've been a great help to me in the past. I know this advise is good and commonly given on here. I'm just adding there may be something extra for kirt09 to consider: His trough is going to increase as you've said. Possibly kirt09 might want to ask himself if he feels his dose is adequate at this level (does he feel symptom free?). I don't know kirt09's TT level, but giving blood work with higher T levels, then he needs to give, might result in a reduction of T dose by his doctor. I'm just saying this may be something for kirt09 to consider when giving blood work at 3.5 days after injection. I'm probably being anal, but I would do every thing in my power not to cause a reduction in T dose IF I were feeling good at said dose. In other words I think twice a week injections are exactly the way to go, I just wonder if the timing of bloodwork should be changed. My logic may be off. If I'm wrong just let me know.

Megatron28 is the man, he will not lead you astray, listen to his advice.

Back