To the Doctors and High Protein Diet/ Roidz People!

Green888

Allmost Good Looking
Hi all.

I have posted a simular question a long time ago, but will try to rephrase.

My diet is a typical bodybuilder diet and that is for me 300+ grams of protein a day.

For a while now a have noticed that when i urinate, it there is a lot of foaming and from what i have read that could be protein in the urin, meaning that my kidney is not working proper!?

Also i feel a little tendernes around the kidney areas.
when i used Ibuprofen for an injury, my kidneys got much more tender.

I went to the doctor who examined my urin, and is seemed to be fine, no protein in it, but i am still worried that the high protein is unsafe?, and still feel tender in the kidneys.

I also use roids 8-12 weeks once a year, nothing crazy.

My questions goes out the people with same lifestyle and to any doctors reading this:

1. Does it foam when you urinate?
2. is high protein diets unsafe for your health?
3. What could i use to "rinse out" the kidneys/liver ?

4. to any docs: can you recommend additional examinations?

Regards
Green888 :D

it's foamed when i urinated many times way before my steroid using days.. I mean i can remember being in college, going out getting super hammered, and come home taking a nice high pressue frothy piss.

seriously, i wouldn't worry about this...

I do have the foam/dark colored as well, and some times my kidney arae is sore as well whn on long heavy cycles, I normally just up my water intake and clears all up. I know this isnt what u wanted to get as an awnser but thats all I have done in the past for myself, I would also like to hear others.

Layne Norton wrote an article dispelling the myths behind high protein diets and kidney problems. It was published in a mag and I can't remember the name....I'll find it tonight and post it tomorrow...it is a good read.

Yer kidneys are fine....yer getting hyped up over internet garble.

Any input is apreciated bro :D
...the prob is, that its been allmost 1 year since my last cycle, and feel tender now :(

Actually its more like a pressure or stiffnes in the kidneys, i would not call it pain.
...but it was pain when i used Ibufrofen :S

doc check for stones? I would get a second opinion if you are truly having issues in that region. It may not be kidneys at all. Docs can be wrong. Go see another one.

yeah, i think i will get another opinion....just a little difficult, because in denmark doktors are free so you just thoose one you want, its harder to get another docs opinion, you have to change doc then.

He only checked my urine sample!?

i will try the cranberry+lemonwater.....define "a lot" plz ? :D
is cranberry extract tabs any good ?

300 grams of protien is a lot to eat 7 days a week. not everybody needs that much to grow. i would just lower it by at least half for a while.

Сmon bro 300 grams is nothing, especially if ur on a cycle and weighing over 200 lbs. As for dark colored urine, this can mean 2 things - 1st u dont drink enough water , or u take tren and 2nd (if u do drink a lot of water) there is probably some kidney malfunction.

there are many things...and we are not doctors...so get another opinion. bladder infection...blood in urine...all kinds of things.

I forgot to mention the cranberry, definatley do that in the meantime...a few days of that will clean our your kidneys...

I am assuming you don't drink sodas...if you do...stop for a while.

i weigh 265 lbs.
actually my urine is not dark colered, its usually normal yellow or water clear.

i drink ½ a gallon of water a day, twice that on workout days and a lot of skimmed milk.

i never tried tren, usually go for test/winz cycle :)

about the protein, i have read that most people with kidney problems is put on a low protein diet.
That must mean that protein IS bad for the kidneys?
...but also you are supposed to get rid of the protein the body dont use through the urine ?

8 glasses a day, thats the recommended amount for regular adults who dont lift and do cycles. u have to double that everyday. also go see a urologist asap if the problem continues.

Before you get worried. Stop the protien drinks. In a few hours urine will be clear.
It does tend to make things cloudy. No worry bro. It won't be the end of the world
to stop drinking the Protien Drink for one day.

hehe krembles......here is the plan:

1. see doc again
2. drink more water/cranberry juice
3. eat 1000mg Anadrol 50 a day....eeeeh i mean, try cleaning the kidneys with herbs/tea

Thx for the input guys.

Btw. how many of you guys got foaming urine yourself??

Regards
Green888 :)

Tafman said:
8 glasses a day, thats the recommended amount for regular adults who dont lift and do cycles. u have to double that everyday. also go see a urologist asap if the problem continues.
That's not based on scientific evidence but merely on opinion. You can get water from fruits, vegies, food, juice, etc.

1/2 gallon is not going to cut it even for regular bodybuilding hydration, not to mention if your goal is to flush out your kidneys. I drink 1 1/2-2 1/2 gallons per day, more in the summer, and never have had any problems such as this. This will help with digestion for all that protein and cals you're consuming, and will also help flush you liver/kidneys regularly keeping them healthier. Not to mention, that your muscles are ~70% water and keeping yourselft hydrated is a very important thing to promote growth and overall health. If you are waiting untill you are thirsty to drink, then it is too late. You are already in early stage of dehydration when you become thirsty. That is why it's best to carry a gallon for you water for a couple of reasons. It's easiest to gauge exactly how much water you are consuming this way. I tend to drink more when I have a large gallon, instead of glasses or small water bottles. You can keep youself drinking all day without getting to the point where you are thirsty much easier. If this begins to get old (which it almost certainly will), you can add some crystal light or any other calorie free flavoring to your gallons in order to make it a more enjoyable experience, thus allowing you to drink more.
The cranberry extract sounds is a good idea. You might look into liver/kidney detoxifiers more such as certain anti-oxidants, liver aids, etc...
Adding more fiber could also be a solution if you still have a problem with digestion of your protien.

Stone said:
1/2 gallon is not going to cut it even for regular bodybuilding hydration, not to mention if your goal is to flush out your kidneys. I drink 1 1/2-2 1/2 gallons per day, more in the summer, and never have had any problems such as this. This will help with digestion for all that protein and cals you're consuming, and will also help flush you liver/kidneys regularly keeping them healthier. Not to mention, that your muscles are ~70% water and keeping yourselft hydrated is a very important thing to promote growth and overall health. If you are waiting untill you are thirsty to drink, then it is too late. You are already in early stage of dehydration when you become thirsty. That is why it's best to carry a gallon for you water for a couple of reasons. It's easiest to gauge exactly how much water you are consuming this way. I tend to drink more when I have a large gallon, instead of glasses or small water bottles. You can keep youself drinking all day without getting to the point where you are thirsty much easier. If this begins to get old (which it almost certainly will), you can add some crystal light or any other calorie free flavoring to your gallons in order to make it a more enjoyable experience, thus allowing you to drink more.
The cranberry extract sounds is a good idea. You might look into liver/kidney detoxifiers more such as certain anti-oxidants, liver aids, etc...
Adding more fiber could also be a solution if you still have a problem with digestion of your protien.

Thx for the advice bro, i will be drinking more, that for sure.

Merry christmas and a happy new year to all! :)
Green888

Back