Tolerance towards exogeneous testosterone?

replica1

Does one build a tolerance to test so that youll need more to get the same effect ?

After all its naturally in the human body allready. Just not in such great quantities.

Anyone know the answer to this?

I don't believe so. Most men can stay at the same trt dose for decades without any loss in clinical efficacy from test. You may think that you are building up resistance because with every cycle getting more gains becomes harder.

Hmm yes perhaps. That is a rather good point. However, a guy who I consider to be knowledgeable told me something about your receptors getting dull or something.

not possible... gains only slow because of diet... the bigger you get the more you have to eat to grow, it's that simple

Does one build a tolerance to test so that youll need more to get the same effect ?

After all its naturally in the human body allready. Just not in such great quantities.

Anyone know the answer to this?

My TRT docs have all believed in using the minimum amount for max effects. Even though they were comfy with me being in upper 1/3 of range. They admit that we don't know the long term effects in that regard so I just try to leave room for upping the dose over time. I'm 41 so God willing I'll be injecting for a very long time. Don't wanna have to pump massive amounts of test for maintenance doses later on. Blasting by choice is a different story of course.

The logic does apply in other body systems like with the hormone insulin. My understanding for example is Sustained periods of hyperinsulinemia cause decreased insulin sensitivity at the receptors to shuttle glucose into cells. So doctors Rx TZDs like Actos or Avandia to decrease insulin sensitivity.

Hmm yes perhaps. That is a rather good point. However, a guy who I consider to be knowledgeable told me something about your receptors getting dull or something.

Sounds like that guy has a Phd. in Bro Science. Maybe an online search would yield better results than your friend's knowledge. Hell the guys at my gym are all border line mentally challenged. I would never listen to those psychos.

The implications of the scenario of the body building no tolerance towars test is just so endlessly joyful. It would make test the perfect aas

Honestly its like saying your body get used to oxygen so therefore over time you need more to get the same benefit.

Honestly its like saying your body get used to oxygen so therefore over time you need more to get the same benefit.

My logic exactly, but sometimes you cant apply that to the bodily systems. Sometimes you have to do empirical research

The ONLY shred of truth to this is when you exceed the limitations of what a body would produce naturally. For example if you were 5'8" and weighed 300lbs at 8% body fat, it's safe to say that 800ng/dL of testosterone would not be able to support that kind of mass.

That's the only exception I can think of, and very few actually push that limit to such extremes. Note: This has nothing to do with receptors or building a tolerance.

My .02c :)

It's a rumour that gets thrown around AAS boards. There isn't any scientific evidence to back it up. There IS a genetic mutation that causes androgen receptor resistance, but that's something you are born with.

Some people also say they feel great on a certain amount of test and then they feel normal. That could be some kind of dopaminergic pathway downregulating itself. That's just my theory though.

The ONLY shred of truth to this is when you exceed the limitations of what a body would produce naturally. For example if you were 5'8" and weighed 300lbs at 8% body fat, it's safe to say that 800ng/dL of testosterone would not be able to support that kind of mass.

That's the only exception I can think of, and very few actually push that limit to such extremes. Note: This has nothing to do with receptors or building a tolerance.

My .02c :)

5'8" at 300 lbs and 8%...how did you know my stats?

I think you get used to the FEELING you get when on a high dose...that going back to a normal dose that used to make you feel great now feels less great. But physical tolerance build up? Nope, not at all.

Back