Total Rest Day vs Super Light Set Days?

psionicsin

Hey all,

I feel weird not being in the gym on rest days when I’m not doing anything.

I was talking to two buddies of mine that have very similar, muscular, vascular builds. One takes total rest days, while the other performs 75% reduced weight high reps for his rest days.

What do you guys think about this? What are the pros and cons of each?

Rest is rest for me, lots of other things to do round the way. I still go to the gym sometimes and sit at the juice bar and kick it to the ladies going to their yoga classes so i get a chance to get some eye exercises.

Recovery is one of the most important and over looked aspects of body building. Rest days are important to let your muscles and your CNS recover. If you must, do some cardio on your days off but give the weights a break.

I'm no expert, but ive seen opinions on this subject that are both ends of the spectrum. Some say ZERO rest.....rest is for lazy people. Some say perform very high reps and heal the muscles with increased blood flow while still stretching the tissue getting a pump. Some say rest days are a must and that you should take up to a week off at times.
The best answer is what works best for you. Try them all. Pretty sure if you are on a heavy cycle then you will need ZERO rest. Just my opinion.

Curious to see what others say. Good post

rest is just as important as working out.. if you dont rest your cns will start fighting back due to overtraining..

train your fucking ass off on training days and be a fucking couch potato on rest days.. rest = growth

rest is just as important as working out.. if you dont rest your cns will start fighting back due to overtraining..

train your fucking ass off on training days and be a fucking couch potato on rest days.. rest = growth

Do ya think this even applies to the pros? People on large stacks of multiple compounds including hgh and insulin?
Just curious

Do ya think this even applies to the pros? People on large stacks of multiple compounds including hgh and insulin?
Just curious
on the highest level those guys are on so much gear and eat so much that they need much less rest.. but yes, even the pros need rest brother.. even they should take a day off

Back