Transdermally speaking.....

Drveejay11

I am banned!
it's (transdermal routes of adminstering drugs) is becoming more and more appealing for needle phobics.

Transdermal Delivery and the Powerful Role It Plays with Many Nutritional Supplements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Delivery System of the Future."
In the case of natural supplements, it is important to first understand why we feel strongly about transdermal delivery _ absorbing through the skin. Doctors around the world are calling transdermal delivery the 'delivery system of the future.' It has been discovered that a high absorption rate of many supplements can be achieved when delivered through the skin _ usually as a cream. (The physical size of the supplement¹s molecule plays an important role). The reason for this is when supplements are delivered transdermally, they go directly to the bloodstream, initially bypassing the liver. The result can mean as much as 95% of the supplements get to the cells where they are needed.* Conversely, studies have shown when some substances are taken orally, as little as 5% make it to the cells where they are needed. This is because of the stomach, liver and digestive system excreting and discarding much of them. Think about that for a moment. 95% vs. 5%. This is why we believe transdermal delivery can be a much more effective alternative for many supplements. *Source: Department of Pharmacology, University of Dublin

Yeah, yeah, yeah.........I know.........JUST INJECT!

CALM DOWN BRUTHA'S!!! I'm just throwing out options for the needle phobes :)

I know an endocrinologist who's working with some others on transdermal insulin for diabetics! How cool is that?

buffdoc said:
I know an endocrinologist who's working with some others on transdermal insulin for diabetics! How cool is that?

hopefully the inhaler will be approved soon.. beleive that it is in phase III

i thought the highest you could get with a transdermal was around 50% tops and that is being generous..

im sure most of you guys know of the other board out there that is really into transdermal delivery for PH's

Judo Tom said:
i thought the highest you could get with a transdermal was around 50% tops and that is being generous..

im sure most of you guys know of the other board out there that is really into transdermal delivery for PH's

:confused: enlighten us..............are you referring to AnabolicMinds???

Signed,

Butt Pirate

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to see the scientifically documented results of transdermal absorption rates vs oral, specifically for steroids.

Back