transfering finished product from Glass Media Bottle

Manwhore

Into Vials ... O not confortable with is transfering the product from the glass bottle since i know i can't get a pin in deep enough .. the neck is only 33mm and i am not sure i would like to pour it out into the vials as it will probably get all over the place... I have been reading the thread on bottle top filters for a while now .. did i miss something? .. If someone has a good and safe way to do this please let me know .. .. thanks

Last edited:
Just recently discussed. Start reading here.

Put simply, just pour it into the vials. I've seen funnels as well.

Did all of ya'all buy crimpers? Aren't those things like $155+ ? A crimper doesn't seem like a wish investment for me, so I'm going to have to poor the oil from the media bottle into a beaker or something I guess. And then inject it into the sealed vials.

Although I'm getting 45mm top media bottles. Not sure if I'll be able to get a syringe in there? I just need to find a 10" pin...that'll do it.

mranak said:
Just recently discussed. Start reading here.

Did all of ya'all buy crimpers? Aren't those things like $155+ ? A crimper doesn't seem like a wish investment for me, so I'm going to have to poor the oil from the media bottle into a beaker or something I guess. And then inject it into the sealed vials.

Although I'm getting 45mm top media bottles. Not sure if I'll be able to get a syringe in there?
Maybe you can just sterilize a beaker with Iso Alcohol,pour solution in there and draw from there .. WAIT a MINUTE! Did i just answer my own question :) .. Yes my Crimper cost $175.00 but i need .. . thanks for the link BTW ... LOL Man i skipped right past the second page of that thread .. I am trying to get in as much comp time and learning as possible before bed .. I need sleep .. see you already decided to go with the beaker idea .. thanks again

Last edited:
Manwhore said:
Maybe you can just sterilize a beaker with Iso Alcohol,pour solution in there and draw from there .. WAIT a MINUTE! Did i just answer my own question :)
That's what I just said! :p But that's for _me_, since I have sealed vials. _You_ have open vials. Just pour it. But the beaker/syringe thing will work for you. It'll just take longer.

Last edited:
Manwhore said:
Yes my Crimper cost $175.00 but i need to make sure no middle men tamper with my gear and chance infections .. I spend at least $500/month right now for supplies but it is only my 1st month homebrewing .. THe money more than pays for the supplies and much more .. thanks for the link BTW
Ah. I see.

You're right of course. The supplies are very much an up-front cost.

mranak said:
That's what I just said! :p But that's for _me_, since I have sealed vials. _You_ have open vials. Just pour it. But the beaker/syringe thing will work for you. It'll just take longer.
OK

Last edited:
I appologize, but I don't quite understand all of that.

It is okay for the gear to be exposed to the air for a bit as long as you take precautions. Very low dust in the air. Obvously don't sneeze over it. Just be sensible.

mranak said:
I appologize, but I don't quite understand all of that.

It is okay for the gear to be exposed to the air for a bit as long as you take precautions. Very low dust in the air. Obvously don't sneeze over it. Just be sensible.
Not really sure i understood it either .. I am just babbleing .. It's too late and got 8hrs sleep last 3 nights .. Yes 8 total .. Man i have alot of work ahead of me .. thanks again

Manwhore said:
Not really sure i understood it either .. I am just babbleing .. It's too late and got 8hrs sleep last 3 nights .. Yes 8 total .. Man i have alot of work ahead of me .. thanks again
Get some sleep. It isn't worth fucking up a batch because you fell asleep while the beaker sat on the stove.

manwhore you making an easy simple task complicated. what size vials you got? and why cant you draw solution from the flask with a syringe and needle. tilt the bottle when it gets low.

solution might not work but this is what i was thinking of

I poked an 18g hole in the cap of my receiver flask using a sterile 18g needle. I was thinking if I toss a bunch of isopropyl on my cap then cap my receiver flask and tip it over I can draw from a huge ass catheter syringe right from the capped flask. Anyone see any problems with this method?

Manwhore,

STOP FUCKING WORRYING ABOUT POURING IT INTO A VIAL. What do you need a syringe for anyway? i told you guys. fill up one vial to the 10ml mark. mark that vial and use it as your 'guide vial'.

then from that point on, when you want a 10ml bottle of whatever, just put the guide vial next to the vial you are pouring into, and measure it that way. No need for a syringe. And if you are worried about spilling it everywhere, you need not be doing this in the first place. :D

Im lazy nowadays. I be using a big ass syringe and presealed vials. I pour it into the open syringe with the needle already through the stopper, put the plunger in and push. Easy measuring, no crimping. I done my fair share of cleaning, sterilizing, crimping. I hate it.

Back