transfering oil vial from filter unit

prettyrick

trying to get the safest way to transfer my finished product from the millipore filter unit to a sterile vial...i was thinking about a septa top for the millipore unit.. draw from it.. but i cant find a place that carries them sterile... and i have no clue how to sterilize the caps correctly..... just dont want to contaminate during the transfer... any help would be appreciated

rick - unfortunately bro there is no real way to have everything 100% sterile unless you are in a lab setting...that said, from babies r us (or walmart) you can buy what people use to sterilize baby's bottles and shit to do a quick sterilization prior to its use. U can also rinse it with ba prior to its use before doing the steriliztion...

i was reading on a few places.. and someone mentioned soaking the septa in a hydogen peroxide bath for 20-30 min..and i did a little reasearch and there might b a little truth to this method... i would rather purchase one pre sterilzed.. but not having any luck finding one.. the millipore unit comes presterilized just need to cap it and get the finished product out and into a sterilized vial without contaminating

Love this board! I was just going to ask the same thing! I found the septa tops for cheap at rs.net. Forgot about the sterilizing part figured they came that way.

How can I transfer safely and reasonably timely from the millipore media bottle to sealed sterilized 20ml vials?
Used 20cc syringe with 18g needle and 25g vent needle before but larger batches take a while.

I now have a vacuum pump. so what about 18g needle into vial connected to vacuum pump, then 18g needle into vial and media bottle.
Invert media bottle and maybe vent through bottom (now top) of media bottle to alleviate vacuum. Would the vacuum created in vial be enough to draw from media bottle?

So for either option is 18g the biggest I can go?

Once sight recommended a device that attached to the top of the media bottle. they come in different dispensing units. seripettor? kind of like
Bottle-top dispensers seripettor® from BRAND - Pneumatic valves

but not sure if you can put into tube with needle at end?

here's the spec sheet on it.. ouch 400 dollars.. it has a tube kit available..
brand.de/fileadmin/user/pdf/Leaflets/seripettor_EN.pdf

Im sure this is the same thing but only for $80! store.labcompare.com/products/seripettor-bottletop-dispenser?gclid=CL7X-ZPxnqwCFYtR7Aod6HDHDw

hatchman, do you have this unit yourself, is it a good unit, I have been looking for one. They are all like 500++ bucks.
This one seems a bargen for 80.

Back