Trouble Digesting Oats & Wheat products (weetbix), advice on reasons/alternatives?

diragz

Trouble Digesting Oats & Wheat products (weetbix), advice on reasons/alternatives?

Hey guys,

Ive recently discovered oatmeal could be wrecking havoc on my digestive system. After consumption of oats or weetbix (Australian wheat cereal) I will bloat really bad, my stomach will enlarge heaps for an extended time.

Secondly I lack energy throughout the day, feels as if my body is still waiting for the energy from the oats i have in the morning.

Thirdly i had bad allergies, nose was always blocked which affected sleep.

Ive started taking a probiotic (NOW gr8-Dolpheus) and stopped eating oats. I still eat bread ect but after a few weeks my allergies have completly stopped. I dont get any fungal infections anymore.

My issue is oats were a stable in my diet, an easy healthy way of getting in calories as i was eating around 4000calories. Id have 1.5 cups of oats every morning in my shake (even started soaking the oats over night). The amount of gluggy yellow shit left in the bowl the next day is crazy.

Any advice from anyone regarding experience with this issue? Thanks

ps: dairy products bloat me as well :(

No wheatbix? That'd suck. I buy them in the 1.2kg packets from Sanitarium.

Have you been to the doctor and had an allergy test? It's really shooting in the dark if we don't have any reason for the issues to draw conclusions from!

What has been your carb source otherwise? Potato and pasta are usually good for me.

Yep, bought 3 boxs of the protien weetbix but discovered it sits in my stomach for hours giving me heart burn.

I eat a lot of sweet potato and rice but rice has nutrition sweet potato isnt calorie dense :(

Back