Trying new needles, found a 1cc that's like an insulin syringe.

Billegitimate

I'm normally just on a TRT dose of T, but have tried other compounds over the years. I do everything subq. As a result, I've played with a LOT of different needles to accomplish different things. My normal TRT dose is accomplished with a BD 31g, .3cc insulin syringe. Yes, you can draw and inject with it, it's the small barrel that allows it. Trust me. :) It draws and injects 10X faster than a 29g 1cc insulin syringe because the smaller barrel generates higher pressure. Anyway...

I've also done larger amounts with a BD305536 which is like an insulin syringe's big brother. 27g, .5cc. It draws and injects fast with the 27g and a long skinny barrel.

The nice thing about these syringes is the zero dead space, and the total barrel size is close to the total volume injected so measurements are accurate. I am currently on .25cc of test cyp twice a week. Easy to measure on a .3cc syringe, hard to do with the 3cc syringes the T clinic originally gave me.

But, I recently ended up with some test base (water). It was a screw up on my part during an order, but it's here so what the heck. It's a different animal altogether. I knew not to even try with the 31g syringe, but the 27g BD305536 didn't do a great job either. So I dug out the old 3CC 23g monsters and did about .25cc subq. Smooth as can be, no PIP, and draw and inject were easy. But I HATE those syringes and I hate the screw on needles and the deadspace, and doing subQ with a 1.5" needle requires some care.

So, off to google to see if I can find one more syringe to add to my arsenal. Found it.

*******DO NOT POST LINKS TO OUTSIDE NONSPONSOR WEBSITES**************

Ordered and on the way, I'll update with results later. I just MIGHT try to switch from my test cyp twice a week to nightly injections of test base of about 10-14mg. We'll see, but if I do I'll post in the TRT section.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
just an fyi - you don't have to 'draw' with an insulin syringe and dull the needle and take all the time needed to draw with that small a pin. just take your 3cc 23g and draw with that , then pull the back out of the slin pin and squirt the gear in the back of the slin pin (back loading) and then inject.
i use 1/2" 1 cc insulin pins to inject my gear inter muscularly all the time (Biceps, chest, etc) and back loading them is the easiest way , imo, to go about it

Yep, sorry 'bout that. I'm on a couple of forums with varying rules in that regard, and sometimes forget. I'll be more careful in the future.

In any case, I have no interest in pointing to a particular vendor for the needles. If you google for a 23g 1cc fixed needle syringe you'll find what I'm talking about and can decide where to buy it from there.

just an fyi - you don't have to 'draw' with an insulin syringe and dull the needle and take all the time needed to draw with that small a pin. just take your 3cc 23g and draw with that , then pull the back out of the slin pin and squirt the gear in the back of the slin pin (back loading) and then inject.
i use 1/2" 1 cc insulin pins to inject my gear inter muscularly all the time (Biceps, chest, etc) and back loading them is the easiest way , imo, to go about it

I did an experiment once and just stabbed myself with a couple of unused insulin syringes to compare to what I experience when I've drawn and then injected. I could detect no difference whatsoever. I've read about how the stopper will dull the needle, but my skin can't tell the difference. With no perceivable advantage I decided backfilling wasn't necessary. I can draw into the .3cc syringe about as fast as I could draw with a 23, backfill, etc.

I draw with a 23 G and if only one insertion through the rubber stopper I just use the same needle I drew with. For God's sake I have never seem a nurse or doctor change from the draw pin to the injecting pin. I w arm my gear with a blow dryer.

I admit I have not tried to draw with a 31 gauge, but I am highly skeptical of your reasoning that the smaller diameter of a 0.3cc syringe makes it easier.

The reason is that it is very easy to pull a vacuum with a typical 1cc syringe, and once you've pulled a vacuum that's it.

You can create lots of positive pressure with a syringe, but the max negative pressure differential you can induce with any syringe is one atmosphere.

Back