Tuna Cakes

TheMilkMan

2 cans of Tuna (i prefer albacore)
1/4 Seasoned Bread Crumbs
2 Large whole eggs
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsp Ketchup

Drain the water from the Tuna and break it down as much as possible. Add the 2 eggs (already beaten) and the bread crumbs to the tuna and mix up until all ingredient are even dispersed throughout. Make the tuna mixture into 2 even hamburger type patties.

Add 1 tbsp of Olive Oil to a frying pan on Med/High heat. One at a time, brown the patties. Place the browned patties on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Put in the oven for ~10 minutes @ 350 degrees.

*you can substitute the 2 whole eggs for 4 egg whites, and the browning in Olive Oil in not necessary either... it only adds a little bit of crunch that I personally like

the way I just described... 806 calories, 29 grams of fat (almost all healthy fats from egg yolk and olive oil), 36 grams of carbs, 98 grams of protein

I eat this as one of my 2 carbs meals a day during hard cutting, 2-3x a week.

tuna cakes /calories---milkdascow

hey milkdascow,

question on your post; how many calories you eating on hard cutting? you said you eat the 2 cakes as one of your 2 carb meals....so using that how many meals you eat durning the day?

2 of those already puts you at 72g carbs and ~200g protein and thats after meal 2....not being cantankerous, just trying to guage my diet with what others are doing......

asteriskjasper@cyber-rights.net

hey milkdascow,

question on your post; how many calories you eating on hard cutting? you said you eat the 2 cakes as one of your 2 carb meals....so using that how many meals you eat durning the day?

2 of those already puts you at 72g carbs and ~200g protein and thats after meal 2....not being cantankerous, just trying to guage my diet with what others are doing......

asteriskjasper@cyber-rights.net

the calorie and marco breakdown is for eating BOTH of the tuna cakes

so one meal of the day, generally this is eaten after my pwo shake, are the tuna cakes

2 cans of Tuna (i prefer albacore)
1/4 Seasoned Bread Crumbs
2 Large whole eggs
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsp Ketchup

Drain the water from the Tuna and break it down as much as possible. Add the 2 eggs (already beaten) and the bread crumbs to the tuna and mix up until all ingredient are even dispersed throughout. Make the tuna mixture into 2 even hamburger type patties.

Add 1 tbsp of Olive Oil to a frying pan on Med/High heat. One at a time, brown the patties. Place the browned patties on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Put in the oven for ~10 minutes @ 350 degrees.

*you can substitute the 2 whole eggs for 4 egg whites, and the browning in Olive Oil in not necessary either... it only adds a little bit of crunch that I personally like

the way I just described... 806 calories, 29 grams of fat (almost all healthy fats from egg yolk and olive oil), 36 grams of carbs, 98 grams of protein

I eat this as one of my 2 carbs meals a day during hard cutting, 2-3x a week.

My mom makes these...but with white fish. I'll give these a try.
BTW, as far as the nutrition facts..are we talkin 2 cakes 3 cakes what?

dude, i used to make these all the time but with whole wheat crackers instead of bread crumbs. they are super good and easy to take with you.

recipe printed. i will give to wyfe... with sweet potatos it have to be good!

recipe printed. i will give to wyfe... with sweet potatos it have to be good!

r U sick man? Sweet potatoes and tuna, Wow! Ok...sweet potatoes cajun style maybe! SP's sliced about a quarter iinch thick...spray both sides with olive oil...place on baking pan...drizzle texas pete, tobasco, fave hot sauce over top...dust with cayene red pepper...bake of 10 minutes @ 350...remove, flip, repeat another 10 min..then beoil till crispy...CAJUN Sweet Potatoe Chip...YUUUUUMMMYYYYY!

old thread, but thank you ver much Milk!!
In the oven as we speak and smellin deleciouse!

another recipe

Fruit and Oat Scones
A morning staple in our house...

3 oz whole wheat flour
3 1/2 oz unbleached AP flour
1 5/8 oz oat flour
1/4 c sugar
1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1 stick cold butter
1/2 each oats, dried fruit, chopped nuts
1 t vanilla
1/2 c buttermilk
1 egg
1/4 c milk or cream
raw coarse sugar

Heat oven to 375f.

Mix flours, sugar, bp, bs and salt. Cut in cold butter, add oat, fruit and nuts. Add egg, vanilla, buttermilk, stir to combine.

Split dough in half, knead each half w/ flour. (It will probably be very sticky, so you'll want to add enough flour while kneading so you can handle the dough.) Shape into 1/2 to 1 inch thick disks, cut each into 6 pieces. Move to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.

Brush tops with milk or cream, sprinkle with sugar. (This is technically optional, though the texture really makes a difference.) Bake for 22 min.

:bigok:NOTES

Any kind of fruit or nuts will work. I usually stick with the 1/2 c. oats, but will sometimes go as much as 1 c. on the others. My favorite right now is 1/2 c cashews, 1/2 golden raisins and 1/2 candied ginger. I've also had great success with cranberry-walnut and almond-blueberry. Anything goes. But make sure the fruit is dried. Fresh or frozen has too much moisture and they will fall apart.

It's a forgiving dough, so you can do other things with it. I did a batch with poppyseeds and dried lemon zest which worked well. They were glazed with a 2-1 mix of sugar and lemon juice. If you are avoiding the sugar, it's not the best way to go. But if you want to impress people.....

Last night's batch was for pasta. Dropped the sugar and vanilla out, added about 1 c shredded asiago cheese, plus a little more sprinkled on top. Worked very well.

Also, for those of you without buttermilk in the house (like me), you can sub out 1/2 milk with a couple of T lemon juice added. Works just as well.

Back