Ufc 102: August 29, 2009

Eze

UFC 102: AUGUST 29, 2009
venue: TBA in Portland, Oregon

-Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (31-5-1; #5 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Randy Couture (16-9; #6 Heavyweight in the World)*
-Jake Rosholt (5-1) vs. Chris Leben (18-7)
-Junior dos Santos (8-1) vs. Justin McCully (9-4)
-Chael Sonnen (21-10-1) vs. Wilson Gouveia (12-6)

(Will be updated as new fights are announced)

-Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (31-5-1; #5 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Randy Couture (16-9; #6 Heavyweight in the World)*
-Jake Rosholt (5-1) vs. Chris Leben (18-7)
-Junior dos Santos (8-1) vs. Justin McCully (9-4)
-Chael Sonnen (21-10-1) vs. Wilson Gouveia (12-6)

Randy's got nothing to win fighting Nogueira. I'm not looking forward to that fight at all. I got Randy by boring ass decision.

I lost 20 bucks last time Rosholt fought too. He needs to try and ground and pound on Leben but I'm sure his sub's aren't up to par yet. He was an amazing NCAA champion who I think needed more time/smaler fights before being thrown to the wolves. I got Leben in this one even though Jake's my boy.

McCully sucks balls and I could care less if he was fighting Kyle Maynard.

And Lastly, Chael Sonnen looked amazing in both fights against Filho (even though he got subbed at the end of the first one) but made a dumb ass rookie mistake against Maia. Getting subbed by Maia is about as hard as catching VD from New York (Flavor of Love), but rolling into that triangle was "clear belt" shit. Even still, I got Chael by TKO ground and pound.

By the way, the use of "clear belt" without the written consent of dirkdiggler is strictly prohibited.

Other then Randy fighting, the card is pretty gay as it sits. Hopefully a few other big fights will be added.
Ya, I'd have to take Randy by decision as well..
I felt so bad when Jake got sub'd that quick by Miller (although Miller is the real deal and he need not be ashamed). Jake is such a hard working/dedicated athlete and elite wrestler but honestly, I don't know if he's got what it takes to be a top level MMA fighter. Just my opinion though..

Back