UFC 159 Jones/Sonnen

fitnessgeek

Date: April 27, 2013

Venue: Prudential Center

Broadcast: Pay-per-view, FX, Facebook

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)

Jon Jones vs. Chael Sonnen - for light-heavyweight title
This should be a one sided beat down-but I wouldn't be surprised if Chael doesn't give Jones a fight.
I'm still picking Jones.

Alan Belcher vs. Michael Bisping
Bisping got KTFO in his last fight-but I don't see Belcher doing that. I'm picking Bisping based on experience and better boxing footwork.

Cheick Kongo vs. Roy Nelson
I can't stand Nelson...Just had to say that. However, there is no denying his skills and chin. Given the fact that Kongo has a tendency to gas I think Nelson will take this.

Phil Davis vs. Vinny Magalhaes
This is going to be a fun figth-at leaset for those who appreciate the grappling aspect of MMA. Phil is a former NCAA champion and Vinny is a former ADCC grappling champion. I'm looking forward to this fight more than any other.

Pat Healy vs. Jim Miller
This one could steal fight of the night. Healy is 9 and 1 in his last 10 and Miller is 8 and 2. both have only lost to top guys at the 155 division. Miller should win this but I am picking Healy for the upset.

I can't wait for this one.I like the way Jon Jones fight.I don't see Chael doing much he might give Jones some trouble if he takes him down but that's about it.

This is a great card IMO. Anytime you get to watch Bones it's a real treat. The guy is a true artist of MMA, truly something special. Chael is a fighter, but Jon is vicious on the ground too. Kongo vs Big Country should be a nice standing throw down where someone gets knocked out, should make for a great fight. I also am looking forward to the Phil Davis fight, my dad was a wrestler so I have an appreciation for the style. And Bisping usually puts on solid fights, guy isn't afraid to stand and throw. Can't wait to watch

I think Anderson Silva is miles better than Jon Jones. Anderson Silva messed around with Stephan Bonnar then destroyed him; in the first round.
Jon Jones went to a decision with Stephan Bonnar and some say Stephan won the last round with him.

If Chael could do that to Anderson Silva in their first match, then he dominated Silva in the first round until he messed up in their second fight then damn, i'm wondering what's gonna happen against Jon Jones.
This fight is going to be very interesting, if Jon Jones easily defeats Chael Sonnen then Jon Jones vs Anderson Silva has got to happen. It'd be an incredibly fight. Although AS will win IMO.

Bisping vs Belcher

I'd say Bisping will win, although he is injured unfortunately but i still think he can work through it and still beat Alan Belcher. Second round TKO.

Weird card last night, there's a gif of Jon Jones's bone being ripped out of his toe. You can see the big ole chunk of white bone just rip through his toe. Pretty crazy.
Two stoppages by eye poke, although Bisping won every single round anyway and there was like 20 seconds left.

And then the strange voices during the prelims and the Bisping fight.

Looks like I finally got a card right! Too bad I didn't put my choice of Phil Davis down-who I was picking but the way...

Curious to see who's next for Davis, Nelson, and Jones.

Back