UFC 87 - Picks

he landed an eyes closed haymaker if you think that looks good lol

x2

He landed a punch on Manny who came running at him like an idiot thinking his 20" reach is going to land a punch on someone.

Emerson needs to beat a top 20 fighter to even be considered a B level fighter.

Tyson griffin
Sherk
BJ
Pulver
Faber
Diaz brothers
Stevenson
Huerta
Florian
Edgar

I could keep going.... but all these guys would dominate Emerson

Lesnar needs to seriously learn some BJJ.

Herring knew as soon as the fight went to the ground all he had to do was give up his back and he wouldn't take too much of a beating. Any other MMA fighter would have had Herring choked out in the first round. Brock on the other hand just kept to Herrings side and threw short choppy punches.

Yes he dominated Herring, but with Herrings positioning Brock should have been able to finish him.

Lessner sucks.. he's an idiot and an even bigger ass. His antics after the fight just shows he doesn't belong in the UFC and can go back to his day-time soap opra wwe drama. He's the kind that gives wrestlers in the UFC a bad name. He just laid on Herring most of the fight and looked like he was lost. He will continue to lose against anyone with decent BJJ because his size will be neutralized.. thank god! I now hate lessner.
Fitch on the other hand gives wrestlers a good name. He just earned a ton more respect after that fight. No shame in taking GSP to a 5 round decision.
Felt bad for Huerta. He faught well but Kenny just ran and countered enought to eek out a win. Roger definetly was the agresser for most of the fight. He'll be back!

lol, u hate lesnar for being that way, but guess what thats why he gets paid as much as gsp and hes 2-1.

:) Na, he gets paid that much because he already has a name and he's a freak show because of his size.. that's all. He won't last in the UFC, just like he failed at trying to go into the NFL. He's not well rounded enough and acting like a jerk is all he knows and thats perfect for the wwe crap.

exactley, and how did he get that name??

AHHH, I gotcha bro.. wasn't following you there. Ya, no clue about him in the WWE cuz I've never watched that crap and never will... so ya, if he got that big acting like that in the wwe, that's probably why he's doing it now. The only thing I knew about brock before UFC was that he was a Div-1 champ and tried leaving pro-wrestling for the NFL at one point.. that's it.

AHHH, I gotcha bro.. wasn't following you there. Ya, no clue about him in the WWE cuz I've never watched that crap and never will... so ya, if he got that big acting like that in the wwe, that's probably why he's doing it now. The only thing I knew about brock before UFC was that he was a Div-1 champ and tried leaving pro-wrestling for the NFL at one point.. that's it.

yeah, i just ignored the WWE style post fight theatrics by brock. thats what he has been trained to do for entertaining the wwe retards so thats what he is doing in the ufc now. he doesnt know any better, hopefully he will learn.

i agree that he is in trouble against anyone with decent BJJ. the entire fight i was thinking as long as lesnar doesnt ko herring there is a chance herring may grab and twist something of brocks. his mass and strength can take him far in the sport but i dont think he can ever really be at the top because i dont think he will make enough improvement in the bjj department.

I think Brock has improved tremendously. He still needs a lot of work but he knows that it takes hard work to get there. And he knows how to train to be a champ. So I think he can go far.

Lessner sucks.. he's an idiot and an even bigger ass. His antics after the fight just shows he doesn't belong in the UFC and can go back to his day-time soap opra wwe drama. He's the kind that gives wrestlers in the UFC a bad name. He just laid on Herring most of the fight and looked like he was lost. He will continue to lose against anyone with decent BJJ because his size will be neutralized.. thank god! I now hate lessner.
Fitch on the other hand gives wrestlers a good name. He just earned a ton more respect after that fight. No shame in taking GSP to a 5 round decision.
Felt bad for Huerta. He faught well but Kenny just ran and countered enought to eek out a win. Roger definetly was the agresser for most of the fight. He'll be back!

Huerta got picked apart by a superior fighter bro :)

I think Brock is so big and muscular that it actually makes him awkward in most grappling oriented situations. I could never see him putting together a quick armbar or hitting a rear naked. He's just too big.

yeah, i didnt feel he was pulling a machida. i think he did enough to where it wasnt a situation of him running away anytime huerta tried to attack. florian was more deliberate and careful with his attack while huerta was a little wild. florian had to keep his distance to keep things from getting too wild.

I think Brock is so big and muscular that it actually makes him awkward in most grappling oriented situations. I could never see him putting together a quick armbar or hitting a rear naked. He's just too big.

the mamasita suggested at one point he choke herring and i said that i dont think his arms would fit around herrings neck.

the mamasita suggested at one point he choke herring and i said that i dont think his arms would fit around herrings neck.

Exactly. When he had herring up against the cage with his arms close to Herring's neck, I said there was no way he could get a choke off. He would just be squeezing muscle against muscle and burn himself out.

yeah, i didnt feel he was pulling a machida. i think he did enough to where it wasnt a situation of him running away anytime huerta tried to attack. florian was more deliberate and careful with his attack while huerta was a little wild. florian had to keep his distance to keep things from getting too wild.

He was nothing like Machida. He hit Huerta many many times, and took him down and got dominant position also. Huerta had absolutely no answer for him. Just because one fighter doesn't want to stand in the middle of the octagon and swing haymakers doesn't mean he's running away.

Huerta got picked apart by a superior fighter bro :)

I know, I know!! but as a Huerta fan it sounds better to say Kenny "ran and did enough to win" ;) I do think that if Huerta went and trained with a top notch team/program, he'll be unstoppable in a few years.

Every one is way to harsh on Brock. Keep in mind this was his 3rg MMA fight and he beat a vet. Also all the trash talking herring said about Brock he deserved to get taunted.

Huerta trains with GSP and company in Greg Jackson's camp.

Huerta's problem was he needed a loss to show him that you can't win forever if you want to enter the ring/octagon and brawl. There needs to be a game plan and now that he loss I think he will be more open to other tactics

In regards to Brock, could you imagine if he got on top of Herring and got the hooks in. He would have had Herring flattened out and could have pounded on his head and got the TKO in the first round.

Back