UFC 87 - Picks

Huerta trains with GSP and company in Greg Jackson's camp.

Huerta's problem was he needed a loss to show him that you can't win forever if you want to enter the ring/octagon and brawl. There needs to be a game plan and now that he loss I think he will be more open to other tactics

Agreed.

In regards to Brock, could you imagine if he got on top of Herring and got the hooks in. He would have had Herring flattened out and could have pounded on his head and got the TKO in the first round.

I think Lesnar is too big to put hooks in.

Huerta trains with GSP and company in Greg Jackson's camp.

Huerta's problem was he needed a loss to show him that you can't win forever if you want to enter the ring/octagon and brawl. There needs to be a game plan and now that he loss I think he will be more open to other tactics

Ahh, good to know! Didn't realize he started training w/Jackson.. sweet!! Yes, sometimes a loss is the best thing for fighter!! No doubt!

You guys are ignoring the fact that Herring made some pretty insulting comments about Lesnar before the fight. Lesnar was excited about the win and making Herring eat his words. Not saying that his actions were justified but it was more excitement than WWE style bullshit. Look at his response to the Mir loss and you can see that the guy isn't classless.

As he matures and learns he will be more apt to finish the fights. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Mir amongst the best of the best in terms of BJJ in the UFC's heavyweight division? Not too many people are going to have the wherewithal to pull off a submission like that when they are getting the shit beat out of them like Mir was by Lesnar before he tapped him out.

Comparing the UFC experiment to the NFL for Lesnar is completely nonsensical. Brock never played football in college and almost made an NFL team. They wanted to send him to Europe to develop his skills but he decided against it. Lesnar is a pure athletic animal with a background that lends itself to success in MMA. Unlike football where Brock had no experience, the guy is an NCAA wrestling champion.

Lesnar will be champion by the end of 2010 unless the UFC gets Fedor.

Back