Update 7mos into TRT: Going well- new job!

Dean407

So, I am still on TRT 7mos later despite having some doubts a few months ago.

My dosage was raised for a couple weeks, but I didn't feel better...had LOTS of pimples.

I tested out to 987, my prior test put me at 700. My Estradiol was up to 69.

I returned to my 25mg every 3.5 days regimen for a month. Just got test results. 2.5 days after my last shot I was at 640 which I'm fine with considering I was in the low 200's before starting treatment.

My estradiol came down to 48. The pimples subsided *greatly* to an acceptable level mostly on my upper back....very minor. Prior to starting TRT my estradiol was 30.

I switched from 23g needles to 25g needles exclusively. I'd never go back to 23g. The syringes I have though waste a solid 5mg every shot. I'd prefer NOT to waste that amount. Can anyone suggest syringes that waste the least?

Another frustration is the 1mL vials. I hate them. I have tried CVS AND Walgreens. My Endo was cool enough to specify a 10mL vial but neither pharmacy would provide more than 1mL vials. After some strong requests Walgreens gave me a 90 day supply since insurance covered 94 days.

Overall, I am satisfied with my TRT and my Endo who is very responsive, with a great staff.

I started a new job a couple months ago which will require a 16 week Academy. They work out hard, high intensity crossfit type stuff 5 days a week for 16 weeks solid. I literally could NOT do the Academy back when my testosterone was in the lower 200's. So, I owe my new job with much better pay and conditions in no small part to my TRT treatment. My TRT treatment has indeed been life changing!

Just wanted to add- not everything is sunshine and roses. My HCT has gone up to 54.5

Due to previous chemo treatment I can't just go to Red Cross. When I do blood tests I need butterfly needles. No decent veins. Tend to have anxiety issues giving blood- though I've been good lately.

So, I need to go to a transfusion center. They'll have to use a vein on the outside of my arm. I suspect I'll have some issues but hope that vein is thick enough for the big needle they use.

Good luck and please let us know how it works out. Figuring out how to manage HCT if I should get deferred for one reason or another is definitely a worry of mine.

Back