Using Metformin on slin cycle . Glucophage PLEASE CHIME IN !

darkwing86

Have any of you guys ever ran this with slin ? What are the major benefits/disadvantages to running it with it . Apparently it will help increase your insulin sensitivity hence making the slin more effective and increases nutrient absorption . Ive been given advice that i could take it with meals to increase the absorption or the nutrients . Just want to be safe with it all and know my stuff . please chime in

Have any of you guys ever ran this with slin ? What are the major benefits/disadvantages to running it with it . Apparently it will help increase your insulin sensitivity hence making the slin more effective and increases nutrient absorption . Ive been given advice that i could take it with meals to increase the absorption or the nutrients . Just want to be safe with it all and know my stuff . please chime in

Never herd of the stuff man but honestly I wouldn't take anything that raises insulin sensitivity while pinning slin that's why theysay stay away from peptides while using slin and just use gh as it does the opposite I don't no man .
I've been back on for about a week I don't think you need anything with it unless you wanted to throw some gh in the mix it works well enough by itself just get yourself some good fast acting carbs malt or dextrose

Very important question: Do you have a Blood Sugar Test Kit? in other words, do you have a way to test your blood sugar levels? You will need to know your Blood sugars levels all the time. You will need to carry dextrose or some form of sugar/carbs at all times so you can reverse low blood sugar.

Btw way, all that Glucophage is going to do is lower your blood sugar more than just insulin and burn out your pancreas over time. I don't advise insulin. too much work; too dangerous; and minimal benefits. and Glucophage is a waste; just add more insulin is you're determined to try to kill yourself. I don't mean to be an asshole, but I know what I'm talking about and I would prefer if you did not kill yourself or damage your heart from low blood sugar levels.

good luck :)

Very important question: Do you have a Blood Sugar Test Kit? in other words, do you have a way to test your blood sugar levels? You will need to know your Blood sugars levels all the time. You will need to carry dextrose or some form of sugar/carbs at all times so you can reverse low blood sugar.

Btw way, all that Glucophage is going to do is lower your blood sugar more than just insulin and burn out your pancreas over time. I don't advise insulin. too much work; too dangerous; and minimal benefits. and Glucophage is a waste; just add more insulin is you're determined to try to kill yourself. I don't mean to be an asshole, but I know what I'm talking about and I would prefer if you did not kill yourself or damage your heart from low blood sugar levels.

good luck :)

There is no evidence that taking insulin burns out you're pancreas as you said none at all
As for trying to kill yourself have you ever taken slin by the way your talking I'd say no you haven't
And I wouldn't give advice on something you have never done
Slin is dangerous yes to be honest I don't even bother doing blood test shake hour later low fat high carb meal high protein meal and a glass of juice
It's not that hard

HOLY SHIT.... I take Metforman and Glimespride for my Type II.

But really I don't get it. For us armature home brew BB n PL hobbyists WTF do we need to do with these procedures other then AAS.

WTF I just can't imagine... what a way to go. I have BG crashes at anything below 95. I have to carry the fast acting Carb gel with me. It sometimes crashes when I train ??? I almost hit the ground two days ago. JUS IMOP , I think when you start to fuck with those things you are looking for problems.

Just my 2 cents here cause IMOP the thought of screwing with Blood Sugar is dangerous.

I have never in my life heard of using both those at the same time and it doesnt make sense either. If your gonna use slin use slin dint play with more shit you have no clue in how to use.

HOLY SHIT.... I take Metforman and Glimespride for my Type II.

But really I don't get it. For us armature home brew BB n PL hobbyists WTF do we need to do with these procedures other then AAS.

WTF I just can't imagine... what a way to go. I have BG crashes at anything below 95. I have to carry the fast acting Carb gel with me. It sometimes crashes when I train ??? I almost hit the ground two days ago. JUS IMOP , I think when you start to fuck with those things you are looking for problems.

Just my 2 cents here cause IMOP the thought of screwing with Blood Sugar is dangerous.
Good advice here, listen OP

I used to run it on my 2 off days to prevent insulin resistance and it does the trick. Be careful as it can wreak havoc on your stomach man. I was almost literally running to the bathroom at times. I would never use it on the days I was using slin, ever.

There is no evidence that taking insulin burns out you're pancreas as you said none at all
As for trying to kill yourself have you ever taken slin by the way your talking I'd say no you haven't
Slin is dangerous yes to be honest I don't even bother doing blood test shake hour later low fat high carb meal high protein meal and a glass of juice
It's not that hard

Actually, it does increase your tolerance (resistance) over time, which requires the body to release more insulin to achieve the same glucose levels. This is how type 2 diabetes starts. The key difference being that it is often a large increase in body fat requiring additional insulin to meet the extra mass' demands.

Running a cycle likely won't cause folks to develop diabetes, but it is something that demands respect as it most certainly can kill you otherwise.

Like I said in the other thread, I don't see any true benefit from taking it (Metformin) if not diabetic. That, and it will make for some upset stomach/diarrhea at first.

Actually, it does increase your tolerance (resistance) over time, which requires the body to release more insulin to achieve the same glucose levels. This is how type 2 diabetes starts. The key difference being that it is often a large increase in body fat requiring additional insulin to meet the extra mass' demands.

Running a cycle likely won't cause folks to develop diabetes, but it is something that demands respect as it most certainly can kill you otherwise.

Like I said in the other thread, I don't see any true benefit from taking it (Metformin) if not diabetic. That, and it will make for some upset stomach/diarrhea at first.

I'm old school all you guys know. So I admit not knowing about the insulin use with cycles and AAS useage and BB.

But I just think WTF are you (anyone) going to the Pro circuit ? Well if not , really for the long haul what are you looking to gain by , IMOP , going to such extremes as to use insulin and WTF with Metformin . That's what I take for Type 2 diabetes.

I should read up , I know, but dammit IMOP this shit is extreme and not needed unless you are on a Pro circuit and working close with a doctor.

Again this is my own opinion. I can't grasp the idea that we as amateur BB's having family or kids now or future have any need to go farther than AAS usage. Next thing we'll have 18 - 20 year old kids hearing Bro-science how to use insulin and coming on here with horror stories.

If I am out of line here with this opinion well I apologize but OLD-musclemike just can't get it. :dunno: ........ :)

It's not that hard

First little Blakey boy. If you want to criticize please learn to read!!! You make your self look like an idoit. I did NOT say that insulin will cause your pancreas to burn out. I take two types of insulin every day of my life, asshole. So i'm pretty sure I have more experience and first hand knowledge than you will EVER have. And despite all my efforts I have low blood sugar more often than I like. Yes if you take a couple units and then stuff your face, you won't go low. Not everyone does take slin that way and obviously many guys do have episodes of low blood sugar. You are an irresponsible idiot for promoting the use of slin without explaining how to do it properly and SAFELY. More so for suggesting it's not important to monitor blood sugars.

Now my turn to admit my one mistake. Glucophage will not burn out your pancreas. I thought is was another drug like Glicazide. I also take metformin hydrochloride, but it is not shown as Glocophage on my drug bottle. My doctors do not refer to the drug as Glucophage. My bad.

Lastly, I kind of thought this website was here to help others. Flippant answers to serious questions are dangerous. But if it makes you feel better about yourself, go for it.

Last edited:
You take an insulin agonist with insulin halfape? I used to take Metformin/glipizide/actos, but dropped the last two when I went to long/short acting insulins. I try to keep my a1c around 6%, and not go hypo (type 2), but it was very difficult while on glipizide.

First little Blakey boy. If you want to criticize please learn to read!!! You make your self look like an idoit. I did NOT say that insulin will cause your pancreas to burn out. I take two types of insulin every day of my life, asshole. So i'm pretty sure I have more experience and first hand knowledge than you will EVER have. And despite all my efforts I have low blood sugar more often than I like. Yes if you take a couple units and then stuff your face, you won't go low. Not everyone does take slin that way and obviously many guys do have episodes of low blood sugar. You are an irresponsible idiot for promoting the use of slin without explaining how to do it properly and SAFELY. More so for suggesting it's not important to monitor blood sugars.

Now my turn to admit my one mistake. Glucophage will not burn out your pancreas. I thought is was another drug like Glicazide. I also take metformin hydrochloride, but it is not shown as Glocophage on my drug bottle. My doctors do not refer to the drug as Glucophage. My bad.

Lastly, I kind of thought this website was here to help others. Flippant answers to serious questions are dangerous. But if it makes you feel better about yourself, go for it.

Firstly i live with a type 1 diabetic and i have for over 8 years
I honesty coudnt give a flying fuck if your a type 1 diabetic
As i have said before diabetics using slin to stay alive and a body builder using it for a cycle is 2 diffrent things its like comparing trt to a full blown aas cycle i do apologise i didnt read your post properly but you saying people running slin is wreckless and trying to kill your self yes this is a forum for people to help each other who were you trying to help by saying that ??????
I didnt tell anyone to run slin or not to do blood tests i was just saying what i do and low and behold im not dead nor do i have diabetes ah and little am i i dont considered myself big but imbsurley not little sitting at 190 as of yesterday but if thats all you can say go ahead

Last edited:

Yeah man i was talking about this the other day with mmmm anzle and grunt were i posted the pics of the slin im using and said just what you said did u check it out? I think i asked you if you had the pens in the states hold on and ill bump the thread

Firstly i live with a type 1 diabetic and i have for over 8 years
I honesty coudnt give a flying fuck if your a type 1 diabetic
As i have said before diabetics using slin to stay alive and a body builder using it for a cycle is 2 diffrent things its like comparing trt to a full blown aas cycle i do apologise i didnt read your post properly but you saying people running slin is wreckless and trying to kill your self yes this is a forum for people to help each other who were you trying to help by saying that ??????
I didnt tell anyone to run slin or not to do blood tests i was just saying what i do and low and behold im not dead nor do i have diabetes ah and little am i i dont considered myself big but imbsurley not little sitting at 190 as of yesterday but if thats all you can say go ahead

look little fellow.., this would be so much easier if (1) you could read a little more carefully, (2) you could not misstate or exaggerate what I have written and (3) put your sentences in a manner which are readable.

Now, I'm actually a type 2 diabetic.
I did not say that running slin is wreckless, however it is reckless to promote it's use without monitoring blood sugar levels on this forum, or without proper explanation how to do it safely.
In the future, you might want to be more careful about telling others they don't know what they are talking about, unless you need to do it to make yourself feel better.
Bullys don't impress me or others here. Try to be a little nicer to members of the forum from now on. I suggest you state your ideas, opinions, etc. without shitting on members of this forum to impress others.

And I'm actually just a little heavier than you, so you are still "little Blakey" to me. lol Don't take it personally. This is not a pissing contest, little buddy. :)

BTW I'm absolutely sure you know way more than I do on certain subjects, so you're not a dumbass. Your just disrespectful and a bit of a showoff when you are not face to face. You're probably a nice guy in person. Please add your wisdom to this forum. Seriously. I will probably learn from you. But just don't poison or ruin the forum with disrespect to the members. I can handle you. But other members might just move on to other forums, if they are shit on by people like you.

Righto
If my grammar is a major concern for you i'll try to fix that and if i hurt your feelings im sorry because it looks like i have i wasn't trying to shit on you or make you look foolish
I was commenting on what you wrote if it was a bit harsh i apologise.
Now i dont post anything to try to undermine anybody on here i usually only comment on things when ive had some relevant experience in the matter . And yep i could be small compared to you but im probably small compared to a majority of the guys on here but at least i have put up a picture in my profile page so people can see what i look like and i have posted up pics along my journey showing that i have gotten bigger and that i still am and i have done this with a totally fucked leg tibia and fib both broken in half with steel bars running from my knee to ankle 2 broken knees and fucked shoulder that sits 2 inches lower than my other one
Fused ankle and broken wrists these are just the injuries that make it difficult for me to lift i could go on
I have also been paid professionally to train and compete in mma if it sounds like im pissing in my pocket im not what im saying is if i come across as cocky maybe its just that i know what the fuck im talking about and yes luckily for you it isnt a pissing competition because i would win

Back