Warning: Anadrol will kill you!

Mudge

Community Veteran
http://medibolics.com/german2.htm

A new study shows that one of the most powerful oral anabolic steroids improves lean muscle mass with no significant side-effects in HIV-positive men and women. (1) Oxymetholone, formerly sold in the US as Anadrol-50, was given for thirty weeks at a 150 mg/daily dose.

While oxymetholone is considered to be a harsh steroid with a high potential for side-effects, the subjects were reported to have no significant problems with liver function, water retention, virilization, and several side-effects thought to be associated with its use, at a dose that is three times what many bodybuilders would use, for considerably longer than they would generally use it.

i dunno about that study... i have to read it myself. 150mg of anadrol.something must give.

I have personally experienced kidney pain on 50mg of anadrol a day. 150mg/day for over 7 months ????? what do these people look like after taking this much for so long? this must cause some damage otherwise we could be eating d/bols like breathmints? Sounds like bs to me.

Last edited:
claims. anadrol at 50mg/day for six weeks kills me. so at 150mg/d for 7 months is just ridiculous. obviously bullshit.
utryin to kill us? lol

Jacked said:
i dunno about that study... i have to read it myself. 150mg of anadrol.something must give.

How about a woman who was on for 6 years, 300mg a day? With a pre-existing liver issue I might add.

Hootie said:
I have personally experienced kidney pain on 50mg of anadrol a day.

I hope you aren't using the Dan Duchaine method for differentiating kidney pain. I can tell you that both dbol and anadrol give me wicked back pumps on deadlift day.

AIDS. 2003 Mar 28;17(5):699-710. Related Articles, Links

Double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled phase III trial of oxymetholone for the treatment of HIV wasting.

Hengge UR, Stocks K, Wiehler H, Faulkner S, Esser S, Lorenz C, Jentzen W, Hengge D, Goos M, Dudley RE, Ringham G.

STD-Unit, Department of Dermatology and Venerology, University of Essen, Germany. ulrich.hengge@uni-duesseldorf.de

BACKGROUND: Despite highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART), chronic involuntary weight loss still remains a serious problem in the care of HIV patients. Various alterations in energy metabolism and endocrine regulation have been found to cause loss of lean body mass (LBM) and body cell mass (BCM). Previous studies in HIV-positive men undergoing androgen replacement therapy or treatment with recombinant growth hormone (rGH) have shown partial restoration of LBM, but these treatments have largely been ineffective in eugonadal individuals. STUDY DESIGN: Double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial of 89 HIV-positive women and men with wasting assigned to the anabolic steroid oxymetholone [50 mg twice (BID) or three times daily (TID)] or placebo for 16 weeks followed by open-label treatment. STUDY ENDPOINTS: Body weight, bioimpedance measurements, quality of life parameters and appetite. RESULTS: Oxymetholone led to a significant weight gain of 3.0 +/- 0.5 and 3.5 +/- 0.7 kg in the TID and BID groups, respectively (P < 0.05 for each treatment versus placebo), whereas individuals in the placebo group gained an average of 1.0 +/- 0.7 kg. Body cell mass increased in the oxymetholone BID group (3.8 +/- 0.4 kg; P < 0.0001) and in the oxymetholone TID group (2.1 +/- 0.6 kg; P < 0.005), corresponding to 12.4 and 7.4% of baseline BCM, respectively. Significant improvements were noted in appetite and food intake, increased well-being and reduced weakness by self-examination. The most important adverse event was liver-associated toxicity. Overall, 35% of patients in the TID, 27% of patients in the BID oxymetholone group and no patients in the placebo group had a greater than five times baseline increase for alanine aminotransferase during the double-blind phase of the study. CONCLUSIONS: Oxymetholone can be considered an effective anabolic steroid in eugonadal male and female patients with AIDS-associated wasting. The BID (100 mg/day) regimen appeared to be equally effective as the TID (150 mg/day) regimen in terms of weight gain, LBM and BCM and was associated with less, but still significant liver toxicity.

A new study shows that one of the most powerful oral anabolic steroids improves lean muscle mass with no significant side-effects in HIV-positive men and women. (1) Oxymetholone, formerly sold in the US as Anadrol-50, was given for thirty weeks at a 150 mg/daily dose.

While oxymetholone is considered to be a harsh steroid with a high potential for side-effects, the subjects were reported to have no significant problems with liver function, water retention, virilization, and several side-effects thought to be associated with its use, at a dose that is three times what many bodybuilders would use, for considerably longer than they would generally use it.

Although I understand what the article/study is trying to get at, am I the only one who thinks that the statement about no significant problems with water retention at 150 mg/day is a bit out there?

BiggieSwolls said:
Although I understand what the article/study is trying to get at, am I the only one who thinks that the statement about no significant problems with water retention at 150 mg/day is a bit out there?

i know a couple people who dont have a problem with water retention from drol. they just get big and strong. just like some people bloat on test and some dont.

I hear you, but I personally really do not know of anyone who hasnt bloated up with Drol. Even the leanest of guys I know hold a pretty decent amount of water on drol, and none of them is taking 150 mg/day. We're talking 50-100 mg's/day

I guess its really how we interpret what "significant problems with water retention" really means. Does it mean that there was very little water retention or does it mean that no one was unable to tie their shoes because of the water retention?

But on the whole I do see and agree where the article is coming from. The flip side to it is that you know at least one guy is going to go out and start doing 150 mg/day of drol because he now thinks its good for him and wont have any negatave impact.

yea im pretty sure thedre idea of significant water retention is a lot different than what we would consider significant.

I didn't get much water retention with drol at all. I used 100mg ed for 4 weeks. Worst side effect was acne. Back pumps can easily be interpreted as kidney pain. I've never even heard of drol being terribly hard on kidneys.

bronco944 said:
yea im pretty sure thedre idea of significant water retention is a lot different than what we would consider significant.

Maybe for someone who is wasting from AIDS, the water retention may actually make them at least appear more healthy...???

Back