Weight of cooked chicken?

Trucker111

Ok, so my school's dining hall is one of the best, if not the best in the country (literally). Anyway, we can egg whites, plain grilled chicken, sweet potatoes, brown rice, whole wheat pasta blah blah blah it's amazing.

Anyway, the grilled chicken I get (plain) is filet style. If I'm trying to get like 10oz worth (and it's cooked well done), how can I figure out how much protein there is in there, since normal nutrition info is pre-cooked weight.

I notice that my chicken when cooked is about 75% of its original weight (After losing water).

If you know what 8 oz. looks like uncooked then thats a tad more then you probably need cooked. JMO

i dont know if this is what your asking, but chicken and most meats are about 7g protein/ounce. 10 ounces, thats 70g protien.

Suareezay said:
i dont know if this is what your asking, but chicken and most meats are about 7g protein/ounce. 10 ounces, thats 70g protien.
Kinda.. but that weight 7g/ounce is the uncooked weight. After it's cooked it loses a certain amount of weight so that measurement would be off if I tried to weight it.

I'll go w/ dirk's advice.

Thanks everybody

Back