What did I do to my shoulder?

I had/am having this problem as well.. One Monday afternoon before leaving to the gym this fucking pain in my right shoulder started.. It was only painful if i raised my arm upward/back down wasn't as bad. I dealt with it for a whole month, and then went to see the doctor. Made me raise my arm/move it a few times/different ways. He prescribed me a weeks celebrex(anti inflam), but didn't help much. Went back, and prescribed me a stronger inflammatory as well as a inflamma cream. 12 drops on the area very night before bed.. It went away, but til now im dealing with this fucking pain in both shoulders.. It only aggravates the shoulders when i bench/dumbbells, and shoulder pressing. Another thing is i always go heavy on anything i do.. So i have to try/remember to control this.

It's the anterior head of the shoulder. I'll be going to yoga this Sunday, and overall stretching more at home, and hopefully this will aid/be of some help.. What's been helping now is warming up with the resistance band, and a 5lbs plate in which i do forward/side/circular reps with.

I got a shoulder tendon hurt about 2 months ago and I'm still recovering.

Ice is good after workout.
Avoid every excersice that makes it get worse.
Stretching is good and rotator cuff work as the pic fender posted. Do it as often as you can (every other day).

If you hurt a tendon and you do everything right to let it heal, it takes at least 3 months. Tendons are very slow healing.

David Gilmour said:
but til now im dealing with this fucking pain in both shoulders.. It only aggravates the shoulders when i bench/dumbbells, and shoulder pressing. Another thing is i always go heavy on anything i do.. So i have to try/remember to control this.

Dude, be careful not to overtrain, listen to what your body is telling you. I had a very simular prob. and am now letting it heal. If your right shoulder is hurting you will over compensate with the left and strain the left one or vice versa.

Tendons do take 2-3 months to heal. mine felt fine after 6 weeks and BAM! I fucked it up again. Also don't forget you recover faster and lift heavier on steroids. This can be tricky when dealing with an injury.
Good luck, the yoga will help.

luquillo78 said:
I got a shoulder tendon hurt about 2 months ago and I'm still recovering.

Ice is good after workout.
Avoid every excersice that makes it get worse.
Stretching is good and rotator cuff work as the pic fender posted. Do it as often as you can (every other day).

If you hurt a tendon and you do everything right to let it heal, it takes at least 3 months. Tendons are very slow healing.
Stick figures with an asscrack....classic.

See a doctor. Get an MRI.

I tore the labrum in my shoulder last year and had to have surgery to fix it. I developed adhesions in the shoulder after the surgery. I'm back to not even being able to do a single push up. Its been 12 months since the surgery.

My injury really sucks.

lastlaft said:
Dude, be careful not to overtrain, listen to what your body is telling you. I had a very simular prob. and am now letting it heal. If your right shoulder is hurting you will over compensate with the left and strain the left one or vice versa.

Tendons do take 2-3 months to heal. mine felt fine after 6 weeks and BAM! I fucked it up again. Also don't forget you recover faster and lift heavier on steroids. This can be tricky when dealing with an injury.
Good luck, the yoga will help.

Fuck man! 2-3 months to heal! That's too long man.. Lifting/drumming for me is like praying for my grandma, it's something you do daily/continuously.. So say if i were to take 2 weeks off, i shoundn't shoulder press/or anything that involves the shoulders? What would you suggest i do along the way? r-cuff exersices? Usage of light weight when pressing? I'm going to make a doctor appointment soon, and request an MRI. In the two weeks off would i be able to go heavy when curling? I curl 70lbs each arm for 7 reps, would that be a negative effect to my shoulders? Even when i do tri pull downs, and i lead forward to rest the weight for a 2 sec pause before i finish my last 2 reps i feel the pain in my shoulder.. Hope this yoga shit works out! Its going to be funny going in there when everyone there is like 40+ Ha.. :)

David Gilmour said:
What would you suggest i do along the way? r-cuff exersices? Usage of light weight when pressing? In the two weeks off would i be able to go heavy when curling? I curl 70lbs each arm for 7 reps, would that be a negative effect to my shoulders? Even when i do tri pull downs, and i lead forward to rest the weight for a 2 sec pause before i finish my last 2 reps i feel the pain in my shoulder..

This sounds very simular to my injury, although I did not get an MRI, I had it loked at by a DR. He tested the Rotator Cuff and, thank God I dodged that bullet! It's either a tendon strain or my Delt. Stay away from overhead shoulder press for sure! As for curling, I found that if I used the Preacher bench I could isolate the bi's and keep the rest of my body out of the exercise.

The problem is we want to train, get to the gym and start to get the blood flowing. Once you get a good pump, it becomes inflamed and "warms-up". You might not realize that you are straining it even more. I think the streaching and hold of the strech from yoga will help.

My arm was also very sore in the AM and wouldn't stop hurting till about noon, after it had a chance to warm up.

Good Luck!

I was out drinking one night and got in an arm wrestle with a big fat dewd. Of course i slammmed him :D but the next morning my rotator was mangled.. 4 monthes pretty much no progress.. I started popping 4 glucosimenes a days and now its been going on 6 months and just started lifting at about 90 % again.. feels damn good, but there is still slight inflamation and some pain..
Also, my bad shoulder is pathedic compared to my good shoulder. Cause since i irritated it, i ahve been doing all my presses with my elbow inn, and my good shoulder has been proper technique.. if the ladies are on my left side (fucked up shoulder) i be sure to walk backwards :flipoffha

lol that was a joke but u know what i mean ?

David Gilmour said:
Fuck man! Its going to be funny going in there when everyone there is like 40+ Ha.. :)
...Ahem' :nono: ...You got a problem with people over 40 there Sonny Boy? :whipping: ... :D :laugh:

Back