what do y'all think about this bulk diet??

Guys as far as Whey vs Isolate goes. The price difference between a 5lb tug is significant but you have to remember that tub of Isolate has WAY more protein in it, pound for pound and gram for gram Isolate is better. With out doing a complete mathimatical breakdown Id say they arent from off from eachother with Isolate possibly being a better bang for your buck. Add to that that Isolate is a better quality protein and digests beter for most and Isolate is a far superior option.

Bud, the guy is 20yrs old.... he's no doubt spent a great deal of cash on his gear, and we all know how expensive decent quality meat, fish and chicken are....

I'm simply saying that he doesn't need to break the bank with his protein powder.

Obviously if he is brewstered and has rich parents - go out and buy the best on the shelf - but if not, a solid whey concentrate would do just fine.

EDIT: WTF am I on about?
He hasn't even mentioned his age - or if he is running gear!

Man, this contest prep must be wrecking my head... apologies all round - I'm getting my threads mixed up lol

Last edited:
Bud, the guy is 20yrs old.... he's no doubt spent a great deal of cash on his gear, and we all know how expensive decent quality meat, fish and chicken are....

I'm simply saying that he doesn't need to break the bank with his protein powder.

Obviously if he is brewstered and has rich parents - go out and buy the best on the shelf - but if not, a solid whey concentrate would do just fine.

EDIT: WTF am I on about?
He hasn't even mentioned his age - or if he is running gear!

Man, this contest prep must be wrecking my head... apologies all round - I'm getting my threads mixed up lol

Brother. Take a deep breath lol its alllll good.

i meant i was toughing it out because i paid for all of this food so i have to eat it. and no i do not take steroids, i hear i am too young and don't plan on considering it until age 25. i found this meal plan online, what do you guys think of it?

breakfast-1 cup of milk, 1 cup of quaker oatmeal, 1/4 cup of almonds, 1 cup of liquid egg whites, 2 slices of whole wheat bread.

lunch- 4 slices of whole wheat bread, 2tbsp of peanut butter, 4 oz turkey breast, 3oz of carrots.

pre workout- 2 scoops of 100% gold whey protein, 1 cup of quaker oatmeal.

post workout- 8oz of 100% grape juice, 2 scoop of 100% gold whey protein.

dinner- 4 oz chicken breast, 1/4 cup of almonds, 1 cup of rice, 2 cups of broccoli.

before bed- 3 caps of fish oil, 1 slice of wheat bread, 2 tbsp of peanut butter, 1 cup of liquid egg whites.

the total macros in this diet are
protein-289.9 grams
carbs-458 grams
fats-104 grams
with a total of 3930 calories.

Not at all, you misunderstood.

I'm saying that the OP doesn't need to fork out his hard-earned cash on a whey isolate, when a bag of basic whey concentrate will get the job done just fine.

The great reason to do it is if you are very lactose intolerant, like I am. Whey concentrates give me horrific bloating and gas (and once the UN sent a WMD inspection team to my house), but whey isolate is tolerated just fine.

If you can stick with it I say go for it. Much improved. I still think it's a bit too light. Try 6 eggs instead of the cup of whites 2x day. That egg white action is gonna get old fast.

I eat 7 whites an hour after my PWO shakes. Get some salsa and put it on if you stick with whites. Makes it go down easy.

You can always dial back the calories if needed.

Last edited:
Back