What do you consider over/under training?!

rukkus21

Hey Guys,

What do you all think is over doing it?
And
What would be the correct number of set/reps for these mucles groups if you trained them twie a week?

Chest/Tri

Back/Bi

Legs/Shoulders

also 3hrs a week of cardio

:sadwavey:

whats up brother. answer these questions so we can help you better.

what are your goals

what are your stats
Wt:

what is your workout history (how long)?

what are you're current strength numbers?
bench:
squat:
deadlift:

goals
cut up to 160 while retaining lean muscle.
stats:
5'8''
history: training all through high school and last yr of college. (3yrs total)
bench 190
squat 245
deadlift not to sure

right know i train 3 days stright then one day off.( so chest/tri monday, back/bi tuesday, legs/shl,off, then repeat)

diets in check.
any advice will help thanks!

The question will be eventually answered by YOU. Everybody's body is different. You will know if you're over-training because you will feel drained, you will have zero strength increases and you will not grow.
As long as a program is working for you and you feel good about it plus it's yielding results........'then roll with it baby'. But eventually you'll hit a plateau.
You're still a young man too so you can recover alot faster.
For me personally, I've always benefitted more from the 3 days aweek total body workout. However, this routine isn't for everyone. Listen to your body......it'll tell you what is working and what isn't.

if body building isn't really a goal for you, i would look into some more functional workouts instead of breaking it up into body-parts like that. your entire body should be trained to work together. since you're looking at getting leaner, i would look at some CrossFit type workouts. the plateau effect is something that shouldn't happen. your body should grow just like the first two weeks in the gym, even 6 months down the road. you should see big gains every week. to do that your training has to be broad, general, and always changing. this can be a lot of fun when making up your workouts because you can get creative with the combinations of movements you put together. if you want some help on some workout ideas, just PM me.

Back