what high protein snacks.

NIGHTWING

What are some high protein snacks you guys use to help supplement your daily protein intake?

Or ways you add more protein into your regular diet?

I looked at many of the high protein bars (and hi fiber bars too) and found that most have a lot of calories in addition to their protein. I also found that all of them have WAY too much lactose in them for me to be able to eat them and not alienate my entire family...and neighborhood...and maybe a good third of the state...

Sardines, beef jerky, almond bars a protien shaker and a tub of casein protein. A few of the items I can quickly pull over and buy or keep in my ride just incase. Best thing to do is just meal prep everyday. It sounds like you've never prepped meals. Do you gave a general idea of meal planning?

Dehydrator and make your own jerky....best snack on the go for me, and you can experiment a bit with flavors from batch to batch. Sriracha and lime beef jerky is my new crack.

I get raw crackers from this lady here in Austin. They are dehydrated this and that wirh seeds and nuts.I'm not sure what's in them because I don't have a package right now and she pits the ingrediance on them.These are not a sweet protien bar but are loaded with raw protein. One day the day after a big leg day I got in a pinch and had to go straight to work without lunch.I ate these crackers and it totally saved me like no protien bar or drink could have.Its like eating a super natural healthy meal that fits in your pocket. I will get more soonand post the label that says what's in it. They are pricey but if you have a dehydrater you can make them.

i eat a cow when i want to snack on something..

nothing like gutting beef and eating it raw

Mmmm, raw cow. Deeeeelicious!

Cottage cheese, Greek Yogurt, pork rinds (if in ketosis are a life saver), Pepperoni slices, string cheese, *some* pepperoni sticks (read the labels, some are more sugar than anything), Ezekiel bread (toasted, w/cream cheese), and of course bars.

Sardines, beef jerky, almond bars a protien shaker and a tub of casein protein. A few of the items I can quickly pull over and buy or keep in my ride just incase. Best thing to do is just meal prep everyday. It sounds like you've never prepped meals. Do you gave a general idea of meal planning?

I have been working on meal planning and getting better at both cooking and macro counts inside each meal.

But I get no sit down breaks to get a meal in at my night job bartending 9-3.

And my day job I get one lunch break. 8-430.

Days I work only 1 job I can hit my intake goals easily, when doing both jobs not so much.

Besides a protein shake at my night job not too much I can do there, that's why I am trying to add some type of snacks I can go out scarf down and come back inside in about 3-4 mins tops.

But learning more about recipes and food can only benefit my abilty to meal plan and diet more efficiently.

half the battle with your goals is organization..

someone who works two demanding jobs has it tough...

youre going to have to find things that work for you..

maybe home made protein bars?? those aren't bad

Back