What I think I need; how to get it?

TheCelt

A little about my journey so far: "My family Doc put me on test cyp (100MG/ML) Inject 2ML every 2 weeks. I went to an Endo and I told him I felt a boost a day or so after I took it and then a drop off in energy, he wanted me to discontinue the cyp period. He placed me on Androgel 1% 10mg daily. I felt even shittier on that. So I called him and convinced him that because of both feeling shitty and the extra cost I should be back on the cyp. I am currently pinning 50mg every 3.5 days."

My next Endo appointment is next week, in the interim I still feel like shit, exhausted, tired all the time even if I got a full night's sleep, crazy brain fog and poor focus. I remembered that a 7 years ago (I was living overseas) I was given an Rx for Provigil, which is for Shift Work Disorder. Basically I felt like crap and this stuff helped me 100%. I since stopped working nights and moved countries so I have not taken Provigil since then.

So I went to a clinic and told the doc about my testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and how I was still feeling, I asked about the Provigil and he told me he never heard of it. Gave me an extensive array of labs to get done and told me to come back and see him once I had the results. Before I left he asked if the Provigil had helped me before and I told him yes, it was a lifesaver.

So now, I have to see the clinic doc again this weekend and my Endo next week. I still feel like shit. But I don't even know what to even ask at this point. I know my Endo get's a copy of both sets of labs.

Basically, I feel like I should be on:

A.) Test Cyp - (Check, got that!)
B.) Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) - (Endo claims it's illegal in Canada and he knows nothing about it. Meanwhile my balls are like Skittles)
C.) Some form of Aromatase inhibitor (AI) - (Endo says he has no clue what that is)
D.) Provigil as needed (or Modafinil / Alertech as it's known here)

I feel like I am begging, does anyone have any tips on how to address this without seeming like a "know it all". I plan on asking the clinic doc about at least trying me on Modafinil / Provigil and if there is anything else he sees I am deficient in? I know some might see Modafinil as a "quick fix" but when life places demands on you sometimes you can't wait 12 months to start feeling better and productive.

If I get no luck I will ask my Endo, but really I don't feel there is much hope from him as he is claiming to not know anything about Aromatase inhibitor (AI) and telling me Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) is illegal. I asked for a urologist referral as I have a bi-latteral varicocele, but that was almost 5 months ago now and all I keep hearing is he is very busy he will get with you when he has time.

Well, for starters - it takes about a 4-6 weeks for your test levels to reach blood serum concentrations, so I think you're jumping the gun a bit here. You have to remember that you'll feel a little worse as your own production shuts down completely before the exogenous test kicks in. I don't have any experience with provigil, so I can't comment on that, but if it makes you feel better - more power to you. Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) is a personal choice in my opinion as I could care less what size my nuts are and I'm done with having children. You may have a tough time acquiring it as many doctors will think you want it for the purposes of the dreaded Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) diet.

You may not even need an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) with that dose of testosterone as it is intended to replace your natural production, so I would give it a month or so and get another blood test to see where you're at. If your estradiol levels are climbing, then an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) may be needed. My doctor refused to prescribe it for me as well - so I took matters into my own hands on procuring an Aromatase inhibitor (AI), which isn't the end of the world as I would have had to pay pharmacy prices anyway which I'm sure is higher than what I can get from other sources.

The variocele might be what caused you to have low-T in the first place, so I would definitely press more on that front. While you have an uphill battle ahead of you, it's definitely worth it in the end, I promise you. :)

Agree with everything halfwit said....and I'll add that I don't think you should worry about an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) until you have high E2 symptoms and confirm you have high E2 with blood work. Take it from my experience, when I started testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) at 100mg a week, I was so sure I needed an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) (which I didn't at the time), I procured my own before seeing any blood work and then completely crashed my E2 below a readable range. That wasn't fun at all. Be patient and rely on blood work.

I got a copy of my latest labs, Estradiol range says it should be under 150 pmol/L mine is at 290.
Free T was 50.3 pmol/L on a range of 31.0 to 94.0
Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Back