What supplements actually make a real difference?

I use Now Foods powder. 4.6g per serving. Cheapest way to go. Tastes absolutely horrible. I'm used to it now but it took a good long while.

Yeah, ever since I tried carnitine in bulk powder, then NAC, I learned that tablets are for me lol.

Your supplements may involves these things:
1. Nutrition is the underlying base for all supplementation. Remember, these are dietary supplements; things to add into or onto your diet to make you perform better. They are not diet replacements.
2. No matter how hard you work, at the pointy end of the field, you cannot out train poor diet choices.
3. If basic nutrition being in place is the base layer for our performance pyramid, then the next layer is training. No use having the world’s cleanest diet and then training like a fool.
4. If you eat great and train like a champion, you still won’t get far if you’re burning the candle at both ends, out chasing skirts all night, or trying to stick half a powdered rain forest up your nose. Get a minimum eight hours sleep every night, quit hanging out with your party hard friends, and realize that if performance is your goal, then your life needs to reflect it.
5. At the very tip of this pyramid are supplements. While they may make some difference if you use them to cover your failings in the lower levels, if you really want to see your money put to good use then you need to have all the preceding layers strongly in place. Only then will your supplements really make a difference.

Back