What type of carbs should I add to my shake?

roidjuice

I usually make at least 2 shakes a day with American Whey. 80g proteins. Sometimes I put a scoop of Jif PB in it, maybe 2 Tablespoons (190) calories).

What I would like to know is how can I add some carbs to this. I want good carbs, not processed. From what I remember, Malodextrin (sp?) and maltose are good. Am I correct?

I remember when I worked at a gym we had packages of white powder we mixed with water, then added the ptotein mix. The white powder was some kind of sweetner or carb of some type. Anyone have any ideas?

Depends on what the shake is for. Since you said you make 2 a day, im guessing one is PWO and one is during the day.

PWO, yes, you want malto and dex 50/50 in a 2:1 ratio to protien.
Throughout the day just add instant oatmeal, not old fashioned because you will never be able to drink it, the oats are too big. You dont want sugar (malto and dex are sugar) throughout the day.

Suareezay said:
Depends on what the shake is for. Since you said you make 2 a day, im guessing one is PWO and one is during the day.

PWO, yes, you want malto and dex 50/50 in a 2:1 ratio to protien.
Throughout the day just add instant oatmeal, not old fashioned because you will never be able to drink it, the oats are too big. You dont want sugar (malto and dex are sugar) throughout the day.

I agree...good advice

Who is Mike Jones? said:
Isnt 25g malto a ton. Shit I bought said that would be near half a cup?

Yea it is, I htought the same thing at first but thats what it comes out to.

Back