Whats builds mass on chest ?

ihavenoclue

Is dumbell bench press better than barbell....i cant bench 330 2X but cant barley get 110 for more than 2X which if you add up is only 220 ? is it that much more effective than bar press ?

I think wide grip bar bell is the best. not too wide do..

You need to mix it up both barbell and dumbell are needed for me to get max mass on chest.

Barbell uses more synergistic muscles therefore will stimulate the greatest mass but dumbell isolates the chest much more + more natural movement less chance of injury.

The narrower the grip with barbell the more tris are involved so I would keep your grip wide.

Plain old flat benches are my staple, but maybe something else works better for you (like dumbells).

Well, you have to have the right routine. Check out this program that i use!!!!!!!!

This is the system that i use, and it worked great for me!!!

CHECK IT OUT MAN!!

Last edited by a moderator:
this is the system that i use, and it worked great for me!!!

Check it out man!![/quote]

spammmmmmmm!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we under-train eccentrically. You are stronger with eccentric contractions than concentric.

I sometimes use the following technique with barbell press. On the eccentric aspect get your buds to add more weight and then take it off again on the concentric. Don't do it too much its a killer worst DOMS I have ever experienced.

The best way to train your chest is slow repitions. Pick up a barbell or dumbell of half the weight. Then take let it down at the regular speed your used to work out with and once your at the bottom take 15 seconds to push it up. 4 reps is good but try and see what you can do. This is a training method that the inventer of Nautilis equipment did. Ellington Darden was his name.You can use this method on anything you want,arms,triceps,pecs,legs, try it.

Awesome topic...I also struggle with Chest...Bicept, tricepts are getting huge compaired to chest....what to do???

massive chest

OK THIS WORKED FOR ME DID THIS EVERY OTHER WEEK START WITH INCLINE DROP THE WEIGHTS GO STR8 TO FLAT THEN STR8 TO DECLINE USE A MEDIOCUR WEIGHT DO 4 SETS.......AFTER GO STR8 TO MACHINE HAMMER PRESSES DO 21S UR CHEST WILL SWELL LIKE NEVER B4...............GET BIG:tounge2:

well, everybody will tell you different things, because many things work for certain people. for me? i used to powerlift, heavy heavy sets, always increasing weight, 2 and 3, these all built me u fairly large. drop all of the sissy flys and pullovers, big up the barbell and start moving some real iron.

"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy ass weight." - Ronnie Coleman

re

I think we under-train eccentrically. You are stronger with eccentric contractions than concentric.

I sometimes use the following technique with barbell press. On the eccentric aspect get your buds to add more weight and then take it off again on the concentric. Don't do it too much its a killer worst DOMS I have ever experienced.

i would just use chains here. makes it alot easier

i have gain issues at the moment and will be running the infamous bill starrs 5x5.

Back