What's your take on sports and kneeling down during our American Anthem

this is not about the flag guys it is about social injustice. about what's wrong with our great country. my daughter is half white and sometimes shunned by black / white so called friends and treated differently. that's wrong. yes i have been stopped by police, cuffed, slapped around for no reason etc and have seen it many times. that's wrong .the sports world stomps on athletes because they are gay. maybe gay athletes should not stand for the flag too. all my friends call me crazy but i think the nba, nfl has to many black athletes. when the sport had an equal amount of players by race the games were better. now you got a brother who can run a 4.2 40 and he makes the team but can't catch, tackle etc. white players don't get a fare shake at certain positions. should they not stand to protest not getting a fare shake ? ok by me. this is about making change and awareness. should it be done during the anthem.? i love america too so i have to ask how many of you watching the game at home or if you are at the game stand hand over heart and recite the anthem ? i bet none of us do. we are ready to smash some brew, ribs, wings etc so our complaint is hipacritical. i am an african american and i am proud to be. i believe in black power and i believe in white power too. i believe in our country but come on when the game is on if you're worried about who's standing then just turn off the tv. maybe you should be playin marbles or something. USA.

this is not about the flag guys it is about social injustice. about what's wrong with our great country. my daughter is half white and sometimes shunned by black / white so called friends and treated differently. that's wrong. yes i have been stopped by police, cuffed, slapped around for no reason etc and have seen it many times. that's wrong .the sports world stomps on athletes because they are gay. maybe gay athletes should not stand for the flag too. all my friends call me crazy but i think the nba, nfl has to many black athletes. when the sport had an equal amount of players by race the games were better. now you got a brother who can run a 4.2 40 and he makes the team but can't catch, tackle etc. white players don't get a fare shake at certain positions. should they not stand to protest not getting a fare shake ? ok by me. this is about making change and awareness. should it be done during the anthem.? i love america too so i have to ask how many of you watching the game at home or if you are at the game stand hand over heart and recite the anthem ? i bet none of us do. we are ready to smash some brew, ribs, wings etc so our complaint is hipacritical. i am an african american and i am proud to be. i believe in black power and i believe in white power too. i believe in our country but come on when the game is on if you're worried about who's standing then just turn off the tv. maybe you should be playin marbles or something. USA.

Bullshit what you say about standing at home during the anthem. I believe by tradition that was never the though since I am not at the event. IMOP

And you are wrong to say it's not about the standing during the anthem. This whole thing is not about all you other bullshit, about changing an awareness. Ye it needs to be done. Hell look at all this and we know we need to teach other values. But the whole argument here is one side see it as disrespecting the flag and the outer side is harping and freedom to protest.

It is about kneeling during the anthem. Again protest as you will but to PUBLICLY sit , kneel during our flag is disrespectful. Period.
AND if the ream, Ass, company has a rule and you disc it, you should be fired or disciplined. One time I was with some football fans and I said fvck this game, I hate football. Son of a bitch , they call me un-American.

I'm tired of this race card OP. My son -in-law is black. A deputy of a Sheriffs office. Father of my beautiful two grandkids, so what. You talk too much OP about black n white racism. IMOP YOU missed the point I think. It is about respecting the flag and bring and for them to protest where it might belong, or at least not before the flag. You know his bro's on the field, just follow the leader, just be cool and fvck they don't know why they are kneeling.

just AX UM ya know wa um sayin.

Stupid bastards I say Yep IMOP all brawn no brains.

Oh and this is all Trump's fault . He is dividing us ? , :Pat: ya right :flame:

Last edited:
I'm a Vietnam Era Vet, former U.S. Air Force, so I don't think I need to state the obvious.

Here's the Latest on Tonight's News.

Colin Kaepernick is Suing the League for Conspiring to keep him from playing............................. JP
P.S.
Says the Owners were Colluding against him ~ Poor Baby !

I'm a Vietnam Era Vet, former U.S. Air Force, so I don't think I need to state the obvious.

Colin Kaepernick is Suing the League for Conspiring to keep him from playing............................. JP
P.S.

He deservers nothing but to loose his job. No one is conspiring , they just don't want a guy that sat / kneeled and blatantly defacing our flag. Overall it will give his next employer something to deal with . See like many he has no etiquette, manors and no common sense. Brought his fight to the wrong arena, Hello :dunno: wrong timing and wrong places. Stupid is as stupid does.

Gotta laugh, .... he even looks stupid :insane:

I remember as a kid, way back when, Americans had pride in our country. The national anthem was played and no one had a second thought about getting to their feet and either placing their hand across their heart or removing their hat and covering their heart. Parents taught their children to do the same. For the most part, as I can remember, the kids didn't back talk their parents and were proud to be part of displaying respect for the country and our flag..........and we revered those that served. We all knew that "United we stand and divided we fall". We all felt overwhelming pride every time the US won a gold medal at the Olympics. Remember the 1980 hockey team? No professionals on the US team??? We still put it to Russia and every american was proud. I think that's all anyone talked about for a year. Now, we have a society that believes it is owed something and if they don't get their way they can whine about it in any manner they decide. Whether it is by taking a knee......or shutting down speakers at colleges because their ideas do not match, or even ambushing police officers just because a certain person was shot, killed, arrested (whatever) by someone else. Give me a break. The news media loves to take a story (such as a shooting by a police officer) and blow it up and then just keep pounding on it until their is a public reaction.....which finally gives them their story. I know I am kinda rambling but the crap that has been happening makes me sick. I served for 24 years in the Navy (Submarine force). What I keep reminding myself is that the constitution gives us all (including those that do things against my own beliefs) the freedom to speak or protest in a peaceful manner. I don't mind people speaking up for what they believe in, but dear God these guys need to understand that our flag has been fought for and preserved by the sacrifices of so many (including police officers IMO). Protesting the flag by taking a knee is the wrong way to go about it.

IMO.....our society as a whole has begun to fall apart. I lay blame on political correctness as well as parents that decided to take the easy way out and not raise their children properly, and then those children raising their children to just plain and simply be disrespectful whine asses that think they can do whatever the hell they want to get what they want......and if they do not get their way it's because the government, or the police, or the teacher, or whatever authority figure is present is against them. We are divided as a country. Possibly as much as we were just prior to the civil war....you know the war in which many American Soldiers died fighting for various reasons, one of which was an end to slavery. Hopefully that war will remain known as the civil war and not referred to as the First Civil War.

So what do I think of the players taking a knee???? Whine asses that are just pulling a political stunt and personally I don't think they give a damn about any of the issues they proclaim to be silently protesting. What do I think of the NFL for allowing this? Friggin' cowards for not telling their employees to act within certain guidelines.

GOD HELP US AND MAY GOD BLESS AMERICA

Well said, I agree we are loosing respect to all we believe in our Country but not if we continue to show oppositions and freely express ourselves constantly to show leadership,..

Bullshit what you say about standing at home during the anthem. I believe by tradition that was never the though since I am not at the event. IMOP

And you are wrong to say it's not about the standing during the anthem. This whole thing is not about all you other bullshit, about changing an awareness. Ye it needs to be done. Hell look at all this and we know we need to teach other values. But the whole argument here is one side see it as disrespecting the flag and the outer side is harping and freedom to protest.

It is about kneeling during the anthem. Again protest as you will but to PUBLICLY sit , kneel during our flag is disrespectful. Period.
AND if the ream, Ass, company has a rule and you disc it, you should be fired or disciplined. One time I was with some football fans and I said fvck this game, I hate football. Son of a bitch , they call me un-American.

I'm tired of this race card OP. My son -in-law is black. A deputy of a Sheriffs office. Father of my beautiful two grandkids, so what. You talk too much OP about black n white racism. IMOP YOU missed the point I think. It is about respecting the flag and bring and for them to protest where it might belong, or at least not before the flag. You know his bro's on the field, just follow the leader, just be cool and fvck they don't know why they are kneeling.

just AX UM ya know wa um sayin.

Stupid bastards I say Yep IMOP all brawn no brains.

Oh and this is all Trump's fault . He is dividing us ? , :Pat: ya right :flame:

Mike your right on point...

P.S.

Much respect sir for your service, we will make sure your not forgotten and your sacrifice we will honor it for life what you did for our freedom, in return sir to yourself and I and all who served we shall salute and proudly stand for the sacrifice you and all who served did for FREEDOM!!

No Respect. The ratings say it all...

DiseL welcome back you gansta! true point the NFL ratings are dropping I'ts a show of what Americans don't like the kneeling down on our beautiful flag ..
btw NFL rating drop close to 20% that's a big drop..

we should all have freedom to do what we want.

Like Mike said you have your freedom to post your Idea and we respect it, the players have theirs, look If you don't want to salute our flag just go back to the locker room and keep it to yourself, they won't proof any changes by kneeling in front of live tv, have they changed the the Criminal Justice or law enforcement?? no all is the same..

do you know why things will not change ? because it's the wrong approach and sends the wrong concept Idea, Idea of what those players are showing is that they are a bunch of cry babies kneeling on our flag in public on tv and on a game will not change anything,..

what can change what they believe is donate money and create a bill and have it pass congress to stand for their rights That's how you make changes,

but kneeling and dissing our flag gives the wrong impression and sends the wrong signal of Ideas that these spoiled high paid superstar players are cry babies..

You do and they do... so they are just are disrespecting the flag. There is no law but there are rules if you work for someone.
this ^^

Last edited:
you have your freedom to post your Idea and we respect it, the players have theirs, look If you don't want to salute our flag just go back to the locker room and keep it to yourself, they won't proof any changes by kneeling in front of live tv, have they changed the the Criminal Justice or law enforcement?? no all is the same..

do you know why things will not change ? because it's the wrong approach and sends the wrong concept Idea, but kneeling and dissing our flag gives the wrong impression and sends the wrong signal of Ideas that these spoiled high paid superstar players are cry babies..

Listen some high school football players were kicked off the field right off the bat when they tried to kneel during the anthem. The mother goes and complains and basically said my kid can do what he wants...... OMG really ? He's in high school and it is a school rule that the students stand during the anthem. Ya see these football players are looked up to by kids and they are teaching / sending the wrong message to these kids.

As said above... the wrong approach. Now the bastard, Colin Kaepernick, is nothing but a looser. Stupid is as stupid does.

i like to drink a lot every now and then and i love using gear so i won't claim to be mr all american citizen. the same bros who cycle gear hate when an athlete is caught using but we use too yet we consider that cheating. what we stand for is a joke. it's just a game. i bet none of you had your ass beat by the cops for nothing. you wouldn't have a god bless america attitude if you did. the injustice against white is right up there as with my folks. i bet none of you stand for the anthem. i'd bet most of you never even been to a game these days. ratings are down because the brand is week. to be a qb in the league that say you have to be able to make every throw. so how come only 10 guys can do it. we love the game so much we accept crap because we love our team. it's about injustice and some of you try to make it about the flag. to those who replies tell me what you do on a day to day basis to show how much you love your country ? for those still young enough go sign up for duty sense you love america. go fight for the USA. don't have the heart do you. let them kneel if they want to. there have been countless of times where a black was gunned down for no reason and we all have seen it with our own eyes. it's not about the flag which most americans don't respect anyway. especially the loud mouth kid.

i like to drink a lot every now and then and i love using gear so i won't claim to be mr all american citizen. the same bros who cycle gear hate when an athlete is caught using but we use too yet we consider that cheating. what we stand for is a joke. it's just a game. i bet none of you had your ass beat by the cops for nothing. you wouldn't have a god bless america attitude if you did. the injustice against white is right up there as with my folks. i bet none of you stand for the anthem. i'd bet most of you never even been to a game these days. ratings are down because the brand is week. to be a qb in the league that say you have to be able to make every throw. so how come only 10 guys can do it. we love the game so much we accept crap because we love our team. it's about injustice and some of you try to make it about the flag. to those who replies tell me what you do on a day to day basis to show how much you love your country ? for those still young enough go sign up for duty sense you love america. go fight for the USA. don't have the heart do you. let them kneel if they want to. there have been countless of times where a black was gunned down for no reason and we all have seen it with our own eyes. it's not about the flag which most americans don't respect anyway. especially the loud mouth kid.

Well we know where you stand...:Pat: Oops or don't stand. :mad:

-SO a few or a lot of bad cops we should disrespect the ones you call "911" when you need help.... all cops are bad... :dunno:
-WE have a slouch or a lot with the fire department so we disrespect the entire association of fire fighters...
- a few or a lot of social workers so we disrespect what all of them....
- the military has some fvcked up crazies and bad soldiers so we should disrespect all armed forces...
- you stand before a casket being walked to the grave... so he was one bad guy or not do you just sit or stand in reverence to the dead...
- you know a lot of slouch Americans who do nothing to show respect or act like a good and giving American so, watch this now buddy, you then through all of us Americans in that arena of disrespect or not giving.... Well watch your step MR because you now have disrespected me...

Yep , you are 59 yrs and Yea I'm old school at 66yrs. Not too far off. WE said the pledge of allegiance to the flag as we stood at attention in school. WE were taught respect. My Father an outstanding physician, anesthesiologist , who wrote off many, many , many patients balances off at N/C the balance due after they defaulted and after the insurance paid... and they had NO money. So now a few rip off docs and ALL doctors are no good... fvck that buster.

You have the right, the players , everyone has that freedom to sit, point / flip their finger if you want, BUT remember this you are, they are DISRESPECTING the Flag. That is what this is about. Setting an example before the youth, your son if you have or ever have and teaching him he can just disc the patriots and our flag and what we Americans ( majority ) stand for.

I don't know if you wear your pants at your knees and you have the right to do so but holy shit if that doesn't set an example of disrespect to the people around you. You don't see why these punks many of the youth have NO respect for authority at all. The kids now days know NO respect. I break up two little kids fighting and one tells me, hey Mr get out of here you cant tell me what to do. Yepper no respect for the elders, AND YOU Mr, if you are 59 yrs old then YOU know what I talk of. We / me or in those times we knew some respect. You have an issue with the cops or racism don't blame it on or disrespect our / my flag. If you do then you don't know proper etiquette and never learned there is a proper time for everything. But I can forgive you if you were raised in the Ghetto and truthfully know no better.

Shit pull your pants up bud an stand for the flag or get the fvck out of the country you show no respect for us, as you described by your attitude above.

Like assholes we all have one and so this is my opinion, call me an asshole as you show no respect for authority by your acceptance of this way of protest.

Oh one more thing, I guess you think this is all Trumps fault yea right :nono:

Last edited:
There is no excuse disrespecting the flag or the great nation of America. I have stopped watching NFL until this nonsense stops.

pull my pants up. bro you are disrespectful and an internet bully and the sissys here gravitate toward you. almost 5000 post in a few years tells me you have too much time on your hands. now on a side note i respect you. when you see BS you call it. i could use you on my job and we could go to the next level. we need someone to say it like it is. however most do not stand for the flag in the stands. how many other sports start the game with the anthem not at all the games i have been to in different sports. this is not about the flag guys / girls. do you really stand for the anthem ? do you go to games ? i go to games every week. fights, base/basketball, hockey etc and i do not see many who care about the anthem. lets get together and as muscle heads fight for the anthem be put back in schools etc if we really care. as i said before as a black man i think foot/basketball there are to many black players in the leagues and white players don't get a fare shake because of so called athletic ability. if the white players took a knee to say it's wrong i have no problem with this. wrong is wrong and i have not said you are not correct in your thinking. i respect your word is your bond. i just gave my opinion. when we cycle and purchase our goods from the gym or via mail etc we are wrong by law. our houses could be raided putting our FAMILY in jeopardy so now all of a sudden we are law abiding citizens do the right thing americans. i think not. i will never say you folks are wrong for me i just want to see the game.

pull my pants up. bro you are disrespectful and an internet bully and the sissys here gravitate toward you. almost 5000 post in a few years tells me you have too much time on your hands. now on a side note i respect you. when you see BS you call it. i could use you on my job and we could go to the next level. we need someone to say it like it is.
NOT to hijack this thread :nerd:

Really WTF man I am active on here. So at 66yrs , retired and basically no responsibilities as per job, family raising kids, and or clubs n associations etc... I spend a lot of hours helping others on here in my neighborhood and just everywhere I go. YOU are not privy to my life and what I do.

Steroidology means something different to me, then , as I see, it does for you. I have made friends on here and gone off site with that continued friendship. So many I know on PM's and then private Emails as well as phone n text.

Let me tell you, from being a BB 'er , lifter, a competitor , past gym owner and a coach, a trainer to competitive BB's for show time prep etc... this forum is just my continued extension of my BB career / life . To a small degree I live this sport and my past coaching extends more onto this forum. Read my posts...they are long, too long :( but ya see it's my gift of gab that gets me in trouble and or gets me out. SO as I talk a lot, ergo you see 5000 posts.

I would not get the support thru the likes and the rep points by just being off the wall. FYI: I have several times contacted many members and have asked it I should change. NO one says I should and nor I should stop. I many times post some humor or a hello to a member thru a post and on and on ect...

At this point , what to do ? :) Well, I agreed to disagree.

Request and or Suggestion man , ... please try to break up your posts with paragraphs. no offense really but it is easier to read for many of us when the sentences and emphasis of meanings/ thoughts are broken up per thought process.
Ha lol I an working on my typing and typos,

Back to the thread.....Topic

OMM :wavey:

OH, PS: after over 13 years of membership, maybe you could come out from under and post a bit once in a while, help the forum and share. It can even be a bit of humor let others know you as a member and maybe post some positive info, even agreement to someone's posts... BE a helpful hand around O'logy with helpful posts.

Last edited:
We just want to watch the game and bet all our kids college money on them lol
GO LA Dodgers!!!

Last edited:
Back