when on cycle and getting blood drawn...

ddogg99

I knkw when on cycle its good to get blood drawn every month..Is giving plateletes the same thing as givin blood

You can donate a pint of blood every 56 days (or something like that). It is good to do because it lowers your hematocrit which exogenous testosterone raises. It helps save lives too.

You can donate a pint of blood every 56 days (or something like that). It is good to do because it lowers your hematocrit which exogenous testosterone raises. It helps save lives too.

So will giving plasma be just as good as going and giving whole blood?

I don't know. Are you looking to get paid for your plasma?

No....its just i got a tattoo recently and red cross wont allow me to give blood there for a whole year...so i noticed a plasma center down the street and was wondering if it would be a good substitute

No....its just i got a tattoo recently and red cross wont allow me to give blood there for a whole year...so i noticed a plasma center down the street and was wondering if it would be a good substitute

You could always learn how to do a self-phlebotomy. Make sure you have someone with you though in case something goes wrong or you pass out.

Dam...not comfortable with that at all...plus i got the wife and kids always around...barley can get the 5 minutes alone to get my supplements in.

Will they still use the blood I donate while I am on cycle or will it be discarded because it contains exogenous test?
OP, I am not sure what effect donating plasma would have on your hematocrit count. I think that plasma donation is not the way to go as my brother has tried it and said that he felt noticeably weaker for two weeks following. Not sure if it was just mental or not, but regular blood donation or at home phlembotomy is the way to go.

You can lie about when you got the tattoo dude.

Ok so answers, here ya go...

Plasma or platelet donation WILL NOT lower your Hematocrit. Plasma/platelet donation excludes red cells and gives them back to you with a lower blood volume, ie higher concentration of red blood cells now. Sometimes with platelet donation they will give you some saline back, but it doesn't equal the volume you just lost.

Red Cross does not routinely screen for hormone levels in the blood they distribute. Besides they are mostly after the red cells in your whole blood and after they spin the blood down, wash the red cells to reduce white cells with them, they concentrated them for administration( ie leukopoor reduced packed red blood cells, LP PRBC's).

Lie and give, your tattoo artist was less likely to infect you than the guy who just fucked a Trannie and donated his cells.

Please give the bounty of your supplementation to help others. It helps and we need the blood.

Last edited:
Ok so answers, here ya go...

Plasma or platelet donation WILL NOT lower your Hematocrit. Plasma/platelet donation excludes red cells and gives them back to you with a lower blood volume, ie higher concentration of red blood cells now. Sometimes with platelet donation they will give you some saline back, but it doesn't equal the volume you just lost.

Red Cross does not routinely screen for hormone levels in the blood they distribute. Besides they are mostly after the red cells in your whole blood and after they spin the blood down, wash the red cells to reduce white cells with them, they concentrated them for administration( ie leukopoor reduced packed red blood cells, LP PRBC's).

Lie and give, your tattoo artist was less likely to infect you than the guy who just fucked a Trannie and donated his cells.

Please give the bounty of your supplementation to help others. It helps and we need the blood.
Right on my brothas.....thanks for the knowledge...i fucked up one time and told them i had just got a tattoo and so they wrote it in my personal file...so im screwed there...but good info on the platletes/plasma....much appreciation..thanks again

No problem at all, better to ask and learn than stay quiet and wallow in ignorance, right? Good luck to you. If you need to self bleed, it's really not all that bad. I do it before blood donation to ensure my Hct is below the threshold when I donate. I do the double unit protocol on a pheresis machine that actually gives me back 2 liters of normal saline during the donation, so I actually leave more hydrated than when I showed up. I've been in the mid 50's before and if I bleed myself the week before showing up, I'm usually between 49-52, and my follow up labs about two weeks later are between 36-38.

Back