When will this MISERY end?! (deca depression)

goingtowin

I can't even begin to describe how I feel?!

I have done a cycle of Deca before and while I had mood swings it was NOWHERE NEAR THIS.

I have already stopped the cycle and decided to never cycle again but when the hell will I feel normal again?! I can't handle this.

I am back on my trt dose of 150mg/week and it's been maybe 2-3 weeks since I last pinned Deca (I was on 400mgdeca/600mg test)

I am in such a deep depression that i'm about to lose my job because I can't function or even get out of bed.. I just lay in bed all day until work and then come home and go to sleep..

I am getting terrified that this is permanent! It's been almost 3 weeks!

I have no interest in ANYTHING at ALL. NOTHING sounds fun to me and I don't even want to get out of bed. I can't get happy no matter how hard I try..

How long until this terrible shit is out of my system?!

All of my goals in life and all of my friendships have completely vanished I literally feel nothing at all. Is this Deca?!

Last edited:
Feel you bro, I know just how you feel. are you taking any meds? is this your first bout with depression?

what dosage of deca did you pin and for how long? what about pct?
Hows your love life? is your girl supportive?
It would be a good idea if you got blood work done or if you have please post them here so we can see what your levels are.
Hope you feel better man.

Last edited:
I don't want to be on meds

I just want to be how I was before I ever touched steroids

And I don't have any interest in women either.. I literally have no interest in anything anymore..

NOTHING sounds fun... not going to the beach.. not going on a date.. not video games or movies..

not even winning the lottery idk wtf is going on with me

i'm so worried that it's not the Deca but that's the only thing getting me through this is the the thought of "it's just the deca and it will wear off"

Last edited:
Sounds like your prolactin is up bro; deca skyrockets that shit being a progestin. Anhedonia is usually related to low dopamine which prolactin shuts down; that's why dopamine agonists are ran with progestins. Grab some Pramipexole from a good research chem site or one of the sponsors. That shit pulled me out of some dark holes. This would explain your total loss of motivation. Dopamine is all about goals, drive, want, why we get out of bed.

Do you think it would return back to normal with time??

Naturually??? I don't want to put anything else into my body..

If it wouldn't naturally then I will order some.. and how long would it take naturually?

Do you think it would return back to normal with time??

Naturually??? I don't want to put anything else into my body..

If it wouldn't naturally then I will order some.. and how long would it take naturually?

Yes your dopamine will return to normal over time but you can certainly speed up the process naturally with these:

Primary Prolactin Inhibitor Supplements:

1) Vitamin B6 (P-5-P version)
2) Vitamin E
3) SAM-e

Secondary Prolactin Inhibitor Supplements:

1) Ginseng extract
2) Maca powder
3) Ashwagandha
4) Mucuna pruriens
5) Zinc
6) Ginkgo Biloba

Zinc too: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2753470

I've been where you are bro and I truly do feel for you and I'm walking proof that you can get back to rockin life. It may be cheesy but watching The Secret has helped me so many times when I was down. You got this bro.

Last edited:
NOTHING sounds fun... not going to the beach.. not going on a date.. not video games or movies..

not even winning the lottery idk wtf is going on with me

i'm so worried that it's not the Deca but that's the only thing getting me through this is the the thought of "it's just the deca and it will wear off"

dude, if I won the lottery its Happy Days are here again no matter how depressed I am, The Caymans scubadiving and your all set, fishing sailing
Just saying...

Last edited:
I think I saw you post this somewhere around - but could you spell out your cycle? Everything including AI, HCG, caber, nolva, clomid - or lack thereof.

Knowing that will give us some clues about E2, prolactin, test, etc. so we might be able to help more.

Low dopamine is nothing to mess around with, get some prami or caber ASAP and look into those supps Freqfly listed. Depending on your deca dose this could talk a really long time to go away if you try to go natural.

I only used aromasin during a 400mg deca and 600mg test I stopped the cycle 3 weeks in because I was starting to lose hope in everything. I am 3 weeks off and I still feel this way.. I just quit my job

I can't even begin to describe how I feel.. are muscles really worth this? I'm not suicidal as I know this will pass but this is so insane

Three weeks in really isn't even enough time to start to feel those, depending on what ester test you took. And those two should have made you feel good, not the opposite.

Sounds to me like you've got other stuff going on.

The plot below shows blood levels, assuming 600 Test E and 400 Deca per week. You can see by the end of the 3rd week you got to about 7x normal hormone levels. Now after three weeks off you are still almost 2x normal levels - so you can't blame your symptoms on low testosterone. Perhaps high E2 and perhaps high prolactin which causes low dopamine.

For these to mostly clear your system you'll need another six weeks or so.

View attachment 567204

If you are going to PCT it would be good to wait four weeks after last pin, then run PCT for another four weeks minimum with five or six being a bit better.

Edit - just saw you jumped back onto TRT dose of 150 test per week, so forget PCT or your blood levels trailing off to zero. Would be best if you got a blood test to check estrogen and prolactin.

Three weeks in really isn't even enough time to start to feel those, depending on what ester test you took. And those two should have made you feel good, not the opposite.

Sounds to me like you've got other stuff going on.

The plot below shows blood levels, assuming 600 Test E and 400 Deca per week. You can see by the end of the 3rd week you got to about 7x normal hormone levels. Now after three weeks off you are still almost 2x normal levels - so you can't blame your symptoms on low testosterone. Perhaps high E2 and perhaps high prolactin which causes low dopamine.

For these to mostly clear your system you'll need another six weeks or so.

View attachment 567204

If you are going to PCT it would be good to wait four weeks after last pin, then run PCT for another four weeks minimum with five or six being a bit better.

Edit - just saw you jumped back onto TRT dose of 150 test per week, so forget PCT or your blood levels trailing off to zero. Would be best if you got a blood test to check estrogen and prolactin.

Saw your edit*

Last edited:
Are you taking any meds? just hold your ground mate and it will pass, and post your blood results so we can have a look.

Will caber fix my deca depression?

So it's been about 3 weeks now since my last shot of Deca (stopped the cycle do to SEVERE depression and anxiety) I'm talking i'm scared of the sun going down. I have NEVER in my life felt ANYTHING like this before. I was on a deca/test cycle of 400/600

I am still in this completely horrible mental state.. I feel completely detached from reality and I can't snap out of it no matter how hard I try. I even just left my job of 3 years.

I don't care about snapping out of this naturally anymore I need to fix this ASAP.. shouldn't my hormone levels be back to normal after 3 weeks?

I am on TRT btw.. I've never taken Caber but i've read that my problem is probably from elevated prolactin.

This is pretty urgent as i'm about to check myself into the hospital. I can not handle this much longer.

Bro trust me; go with Pramipexole, not caber. I've used both for an extended period of time. Prami is WAY better for depression. Look up some studies about it. It's used in treatment resistant depression and has profound anti-anhedonic effects. Plus, ergo derived dopamine agonists like caber have heart valve side effects, prami doesn't. Start LOW; like .5mg before bed, most I ever went up to was 1mg but it was too much. I would be very surprised if you don't turn around on it quickly.

Last edited:
How do you think I should take it? How much and for how long??

I also have aromasin on me right now.. is it worth taking any?

Thank you for being such a help by the way man.. I know you tried helping on my other post.

How do you think I should take it? How much and for how long??

I also have aromasin on me right now.. is it worth taking any?

Thank you for being such a help by the way man.. I know you tried helping on my other post.
No problem. I edited my post with dosing. As far as aromasin, I would get your e2 checked before you start on it.

No problem. I edited my post with dosing. As far as aromasin, I would get your e2 checked before you start on it.

is it something you have to continue to take though.

I don't want to be dependent on anything else, i'm just looking to feel normal again and then stop taking anything but TRT

is it something you have to continue to take though.

I don't want to be dependent on anything else, i'm just looking to feel normal again and then stop taking anything but TRT

For sure; I took it for a few months while I got everything else stable and tapered off. It was a lifesaver at the time though.

Back