Which is better at preventing testicular atrophy

Boosted_G

HCG or Clomid? I know both of these medications could be used to prevent testicular atrophy from occurring but I always see Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) being used more often than Clomid and I was hoping somebody could explain why that is.

Clomid is weak. That serm is generally effective at low test levels, hence the benefit post-cycle. If you're on cycle, testosterone will overpower this compound, rendering it ineffective. So the answer to your question is hCG, without a doubt.

HCG or Clomid? I know both of these medications could be used to prevent testicular atrophy from occurring but I always see Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) being used more often than Clomid and I was hoping somebody could explain why that is.

From what I understand clomid can help prevent testicular atrophy bc it's a SERM which acts on the HPTA through a negative feedback loop. When you're on an AAS cycle like testosterone, the body senses the excess test levels and tried to compensate and maintain homeostasis by aromatizing excess test into estrogen and signals the HPTA to stop producing natural test through the LH. By inhibiting estrogen from binding to the receptors in the HPTA, clomid will help bring your test production back online along with the LH hormone to some degree.

HCG acts as a synthetic LH signal in the body telling it to keep producing test and keeps your natural production online to some degree. By raising your LH levels it will also prevent testicular atrophy among other things like aid in a speedier recovery.

HCG is preferred for on cycle since it works better (as far as I know). There are a few different ways to take it like cruisin on cycle, blasting at the end before PCT, or a combination of the two. I'm sure Halfwit will be in here shortly with a clearer, more in depth explanation lol.

Clomid is weak. That serm is generally effective at low test levels, hence the benefit post-cycle. If you're on cycle, testosterone will overpower this compound, rendering it ineffective. So the answer to your question is hCG, without a doubt.

Damn you beat me to it! It's what I get for trying to write a freaking novel lmao.

What is the general consensus of when to start Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG)? Do some people start as soon as they take their first shot of test? Or do people start a few weeks in and then go through until the start of PCT?

Back