which is better for thinning blood

bigdawg1468

Should I stick with plan old aspirin or should I use Alieve?

I wanna take it to thin my blood before I play hockey. I have been suffer from severe shin splints to the point I can't stand and it was suggested to thin the blood before I play to release some of the pressure and get less of a pump in my shins.

bigdawg1468 said:

Thanks bro, can I ask why 81 exactly?

Not sure why that amount..........but that's what the doctor recommended and what the pharmecutical companys make, so there must be some logic to it.......LOL !!

81 mg Aspirin is recommended to help keep blood slippery to help prevent cloting for people at risk for heart attack or clot formation. You spoke of relieving pressure, that may not be shin splints which occur on the inner side of the calf. You may have whats called anterior compartment syndrome. Basically, this occurs in the front of the calf and is the muscle becomes to pumped and the fascia that surrounds the muscle becomes restrictive and prevents adequate blood flow to the muscle. It can be quite painful, but goes away once the pump to the muscles goes down. Nothing that really can help that except they slice open the fascia to prevent the pressure from building up. Or they suggest several months off from exercise.

luciasbrown said:
81 mg Aspirin is recommended to help keep blood slippery to help prevent cloting for people at risk for heart attack or clot formation. You spoke of relieving pressure, that may not be shin splints which occur on the inner side of the calf. You may have whats called anterior compartment syndrome. Basically, this occurs in the front of the calf and is the muscle becomes to pumped and the fascia that surrounds the muscle becomes restrictive and prevents adequate blood flow to the muscle. It can be quite painful, but goes away once the pump to the muscles goes down. Nothing that really can help that except they slice open the fascia to prevent the pressure from building up. Or they suggest several months off from exercise.

Yea I heard this is what I might have as my pain is on the outside not the inside. Funny thing is I never had a problem up until last spring. I have ran and played hockey my whole life without problems, now sometimes when I bladed this summer I had to stop as I couldn't even stand the pain was so much.

The only new thing was my AS use. I wasn't on Dbol anytime this happened either. I don't know if my added mass is playing at part in this or not.

Will find out tonight how bad it is this year on the ice. If its bad I will go check with a Doc.

Last edited:
Back