Who are the top 5 quarterbacks of all time?

hard to debate that top 5.. i think manning needs to be i there somwhere as well. I wouldnt say elway was the best either. the dude took like 4 years to learn the fucking game

freakinhuge said:
Joe Montana
John Elway
Roger Staubach
Tom Brady
Troy Aikmen
I don't think Aikman is even top 10, top 15 yes. His career TD/INT ratio is barely over 1:1 I believe. I know he has the three rings, but that would keep him out of the top 10 IMO.

Maybe it's just my anti-Dallas bias...LoL

1. Joe Montana
2. Dan Marino
3. John Elway
4. Troy Aikman
5. Peyton Manning

How are you gonna put Young in front of Aikman, when young was a backup for all those years. Anybody could have won a Super Bowl with that team Young had in 95. Young is very overrated. I'm only 26, so I left Unitas, and guys like that off the list, because if I didn't see them play,I can't judge how good they were. So my list is from 1980- Present.

Last edited:
HeHateMe said:
I don't think Aikman is even top 10, top 15 yes. His career TD/INT ratio is barely over 1:1 I believe. I know he has the three rings, but that would keep him out of the top 10 IMO.

Maybe it's just my anti-Dallas bias...LoL

yeah but you put elway up there at #1 and he took 4 years the learn the game

skarhead1 said:
yeah but you put elway up there at #1 and he took 4 years the learn the game

Elway took those late eighties Broncos to the Super Bowl (I realize they lost) with basically nothing (mediocre running backs & receivers).

HeHateMe said:
Elway took those late eighties Broncos to the Super Bowl (I realize they lost) with basically nothing (mediocre running backs & receivers).

Kind of like what Tom Brady won 3 superbowls with.

freakinhuge said:
Kind of like what Tom Brady won 3 superbowls with.

The 49'ers, Redskins, and Giants (the teams that beat the Broncos) of that era would all beat any of the Patriot teams. The NFC was so much better than the AFC at that time it was a joke.

Back