Wife against using Testosterone!!!

so, Epoch mens clinic said I didn't qualify...can I get tested at a regular doctor?
my skin is not an oily type...never had acne on back or face. Once I start out again...I am sure I will break out on back, Solutions?

what was your testosterone level? LH and FSH level? Is this the 400 number you mentioned above?

Did you do some TRT on your own for a while?

Where you completely off of testosterone at the time of the blood test?

there are other clinics that do not have to meet your insurers definition on low t.

there is one on this forum, and another online one called boston testosterone partners.
both are real clinics with real Drs

Last edited:
i just called epoch mens health in state. they are going to mail it to me tomorrow and will have it in a couple days. I will scan it and then upload it for review.

Yes, I was completely off testosterone at time of blood test.

so, Epoch mens clinic said I didn't qualify...can I get tested at a regular doctor?
my skin is not an oily type...never had acne on back or face. Once I start out again...I am sure I will break out on back, Solutions?

There certainly are those that will treat you with 400TT and legitimate Low T symptoms. If you have other clinics or doctors in mind, ask them if they treat people for TRT with TT numbers like yours (400). Why pay for a blood test if they will not treat those at 400TT?
Other doctors may re-test you but you are probably going to be 400 again. Once you find a doctor that will treat you, let the doc show your wife the healthy benefits of proper T levels.

Can we clarify something here?

Is her issue with cycling, or TRT? There's a pretty big difference not only from the wife point of view, but from the nurse point of view as well.

If it's TRT, then she should understand that symptoms can occur in subclinical areas that don't necessitate treatment, and that testosterone is needed for longevity.

Fact: Low testosterone can and will kill over time.

If this is about cycling; you're going to have to work with her on it. I don't recommend trying to "sneak", as men our age just don't need to do that any more. You have the ability to rationally explain your situation, desires, and viewpoint. Engage with her in a civil discussion; taking great care not to raise your voice, no matter how upset you're getting. Try to come to a compromise.

I promise, working on a way to meet her in the middle will carry with it far better results than getting caught defying her.

My .02c :)

You're a grown man.
Yes I'm sure he is a grown man, but I think he's married. lol. Like most married men, we want to get along with the person we share our house with. I agree he may have to put more effort into this if he is talking TRT. It sounds like Electricred might be a single man or only recently married, I'm just curious. :)

BTW Halfwit has not received a reply yet. TRT or Cycle??

Frankly, your wife sounds a little controlling to me. It's not like you married her then decided to use aas. It came with the package IMO. It's like after you got married she told you to lose your friends.

I wouldn't try to hide it from her but I would do what's best for me. Make a conscient effort to stifle any mood swings and let her know she's important to you as well. Keep us posted bro and good luck

Frankly, your wife sounds a little controlling to me. It's not like you married her then decided to use aas. It came with the package IMO. It's like after you got married she told you to lose your friends.

I wouldn't try to hide it from her but I would do what's best for me. Make a conscient effort to stifle any mood swings and let her know she's important to you as well. Keep us posted bro and good luck

Yeah man I second that, put your fucking foot down and stop letting her wear your pants. You knwo my opinion in previous posts but I deal with this issue left right and centre, fuck sake TRT is something that shouldn't be this tricky. I highly suggest finding a TRT doc and bring her ignorant ass to the clinic with you brother.

Keyword... Ignorance. That's what her opinion on this is. Anyone on her would think shes talking about meth or something. Who the fuck is she to say you can't feel good and be healthy? Seriously, put your foot down for your own sake... all the fellas plus myself have given our opinions and with a little less ignorance from her side, she would know correct TRT will save your life in the long run.

I'm quite appaled she is a nurse because I would expect a far different attitude on this subject. :nono:

Again no disrespect bro, but you may have to just man the mother fuck up on this one ;)

I second this!!

Can we clarify something here?

Is her issue with cycling, or TRT? There's a pretty big difference not only from the wife point of view, but from the nurse point of view as well.

If it's TRT, then she should understand that symptoms can occur in subclinical areas that don't necessitate treatment, and that testosterone is needed for longevity.

Fact: Low testosterone can and will kill over time.

If this is about cycling; you're going to have to work with her on it. I don't recommend trying to "sneak", as men our age just don't need to do that any more. You have the ability to rationally explain your situation, desires, and viewpoint. Engage with her in a civil discussion; taking great care not to raise your voice, no matter how upset you're getting. Try to come to a compromise.

I promise, working on a way to meet her in the middle will carry with it far better results than getting caught defying her.

My .02c :)

Man! U said it all right here HW!
Have some integrity and keep it honest brother. If your intentions are keeping your health up and overall well being, one would hope a wifey would support that.

Yes I'm sure he is a grown man, but I think he's married. lol. Like most married men, we want to get along with the person we share our house with. I agree he may have to put more effort into this if he is talking TRT. It sounds like Electricred might be a single man or only recently married, I'm just curious. :)

eh, I'm married but I guess there's a different dynamic with my girl. This isn't the sort of thing she would ever have a say in, she can have opposing opinions but generally I'm not micromanaged. It seems bizarre to me.

eh, I'm married but I guess there's a different dynamic with my girl. This isn't the sort of thing she would ever have a say in, she can have opposing opinions but generally I'm not micromanaged. It seems bizarre to me.

Thanks for answering. :) I guess that her being a nurse makes her think she is the one with the knowledge and is therefore correct. And on most medical matters, I'm sure she is the household authority, with good reason. Maybe this is partly why there is a different dynamic here.

Agreed! Marriage is give and take. At least in my case. She's the boss where she works, I'm the boss where I work but at home we comprise. That's makes for a pretty peaceful and for the most part happy living situation. Now in the sack I'm dom fo sho!! Lol

Well, this is for Cycling. But If I could get in the door with TRT...then that is what I want to do!

She is strong-willed and stubborn. will need to show her the life saving benefits of TRT. She doesn't want me to do any of it!!!

yes, she is the one is controlling. not to mention...take meds for depression (cymbalta). I am married for almost 1 1/2 years now.
One other thing...she is younger than me too. she is 28 and I am 43.
I love being married and don't want to sneak around. so If i could get on TRT I would. she doesn't think I need it because the other place said I didn't qualify.

Well, this is for Cycling. But If I could get in the door with TRT...then that is what I want to do!

She is strong-willed and stubborn. will need to show her the life saving benefits of TRT. She doesn't want me to do any of it!!!

You have your work cut out for you then.

I suggest starting with studies from pubmed and perhaps watching Bigger, Stronger, Faster. It's a documentary that really helps those from the outside gain some perspective.

The one thing I've learned over and over in marriage is that there are always two sides to an argument, the trick is finding the place where both are satisfied. You could put your foot down, hold your ground, but risk creating a rift in your marriage as it makes you seem unreasonable.

A long discussion with FACTS, not opinions will certainly help as there is a TON of great information out there that she should be able to digest - IF her mind is open to it.

I wish you the best of luck brother; tough topics like this one seldom end quickly; and as I've yet to meet a woman that can forget the asinine things done six years, three months, two days, and four hours ago - it will likely come up again, even if she let's you have this one. :)

Back