Will The Game Ever Be the Same?

Swoleburn

Gettin Swole
With all the media attention and busts over the last couple years I am wondering what is to become of all us atheletes and gym rats just trying to improve ourselves physically and athletically. I know this has been said and thought a million times but why such a huge focus on anabolics when other street drugs ruin hundreds of thousands of lives each year. Not to mention the most dangerous and legal drug, Alcohol. Scarcity, counterfits and higher prices of anabolics is just the begining. Is there ever going to be an abundance of good legit product manufactured by real pharmacuetical companies again? Or are the fate of steroids doomed to black market product made in unsanitary conditions with no garauntee of potency or sterility? These busts have made using steroids extremely dangerous and it will only continue to get worse. Are users of HGH and anabolics really a danger to ourselves or other citizens of this country? Are we out there robbing, stealing and killing to get a fix? Are there tens of thousands of Anabolic related overdoses each year? All of these mind altering drugs seem to be taking a back seat to the governments focus on Anabolics. I just dont know what is to become of us all and it saddens me deeply to see where this is all heading. I would like to hear what you all think and if there is any hope for the future of our beloved Anabolics.

Thanks
Swole

there’s a future. hrt/trt become more popular everyday. but we can all agree these powerful hormones demand respect. naive high school students using anabolics is a problem. i know im glad i didnt have easy access to these drugs in high school. i wish it was as easy as exercising personal responsibility, but realistically as long as it has the potential to harm children illegal use will be view as a public enemy.

I think that this whole Steroid Scandle Problem" will end up going away in the near future, although it has gone on for a lng time as it is. Just as other political problems, I think that the intensity will drop and we "gymrat bodybuilders" that are just out there for ourselfs and to up our BB potetial in the gym,will drop and things will be at more of a norm. Not that the bathtub party of roids will all come back, but the hype will calm everyone just like in the Regan era about DARE and drugs,.....man that really took off for a while,...I think the same will happen with this whole deal.
The balco thing really fucked things up b/c they gave up so many people, and those that were on the list have to declare what they have done weither it is true or not. I do think this will change baseball a bit and change the titles the "winners" of certain awards. The laws on supplements in baseball may become as tight as that of football and sports of that caliber were as before they were not.

Things weren't the same after the anabolic steroid act. The effect of hunting UG labs is less profound, since they aren't really fully controlable by the government and they tend to bounce back, but it will leave a slight mark. I think most changes will take place behind the screens, with labs looking for alternate methods and suppliers, and new people stepping in to fill the gap.

where theres a $ theres a fuckin way.

I mean, guys were making 6 figures in their spare time, the top guys were raking in millions, when that kinda cash is at stake....It'll go back to being the same

It definitely is not as bad as we make it out to be. I mean in all the hype and everything, were any of your friends busted for running cycles? If so they probably deserved it because they were flaunting it around telling everyone and their mother how much gear they were on. We deserved this recent bust the way we were operating with open source boards being so "in your face". The large majority of people who choose to cycle can do so without any sort of legal intervention in their entire lifetime.

The worst part to me? Being caught up in the middle of this people on gear realize that the media completely spins things out of control making steroids one of the worst things out there....juicers jump up and down about how they are lying. Then we believe everything else the media says that doesn't have to do with steroids. If they lie so blatently about steroids, why do you trust everything else they say? just my rant...

Last edited:
outlawtas2 said:
The worst part to me? Being caught up in the middle of this people on gear realize that the media completely spins things out of control making steroids one of the worst things out there....juicers jump up and down about how they are lying. Then we believe everything else the media says that doesn't have to do with steroids. If they lie so blatently about steroids, why do you trust everything else they say?

GOOD POINT!

just like after Gear Grinder, another member of the family will take over and resume biz under a different name. That's just life!! Everyone is (was) better off to let the pros stick to their game rather then trying to save (or make!!) a few bucks by buying UGL. People should feel lucky if they still have a source that produces, but hey, there is always mexico

At least we're safe now from those deadly steroids.
Thanks, government!

safe.jpg

Some good points on this subject. I myself agree that things will settle with some time and all will go back to normal. People make too much money for things to change too much as far as affecting any of us. Just like one of you mentioned with DARE, and crack as the examples. As long as people are willing to put money into the game, then the game will always be there to play.

But i am pretty sick of watching all the stereotypes played out on ESPN of all channels. Some of my favorite hosts i actually despise watching now. It sure has changed my views on a lot of announcers/athletes. Some for good, but definitely the majority for the worse.

Something i cant stand at this point in time is the 'dealers' that are using it to their advantage. Claiming that there is a 'dry spell' of juice out there because of it all and they are using it as an excuse to up their prices. That is driving me crazy right now. You had it before..ya have it now.. just like the rest of the sources out there. Dont play into it all and try to make a few extra dollars on every product..

But in the end (when we dont hear about it EVERY time we turn on the tv or sports talk radio). Things will settle down.. I just hope the "end" isnt as far out as i am thinking it will be (5+++ yrs).

To the comment above... To say that there is not a dry spell or things are not harder to get now is just not true. $50 million in product was seized in the latest bust and Operation Gear Grinder closed, atleast temporarily, 90% of our favorite mexican manufacturers. So how can you say there is not a shortage or "dry Spell". Many powder sources in China dont even ship to the US anymore. So of course prices are going to be driven up. People who have stocked up on product and now have no source are either saving what they have or are charging an arm and a leg. Then u have the people who are going to underdose their product or even worse sell completely bunk shit. If you are in the game and you or someone you know has not been effected by this then either you are very lucky or u dont know very many people. Almost every user I know is having a hard time finding product right now. Internet sources are dropping left and right either to stop completely or to just deal with select, long-time customers. Now Im not saying that we wont be able to get product anymore cuz thats just not going to happen. Where there is demand there will be supply. But for right now it is definitely more dangerous because we are relying on UG labs with product being made by people no different then you or me. I can count the number of legit manufacturers on one hand. I personally would not trust anything that I didnt make myself at this point unless I was recieving Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) from a doctor. But to each his own.

Last edited:
I do see a lot of your points swoleburn and i do agree that they are fairly accurate. However I have a family member that just went down to mexico (a border city) and he said that nothing was different than any other time he had ever been there. Thousands of bottles in the glass cabinets all from large manufacturers.

I also have talked to a few other buddies from California (my home state) and business is fine as usual. Prices havent changed (yet at least). I am just talking about a few of the local guys here in my new state at the local gyms saying 'yeah we have access but prices are nearly double because of the whole steroid baseball thing going on' 'its really hard to get things so prices are up etc'

There will always be large busts and always have fed after sources.. But the prices it costs to manufacture things doesnt change drastically enough to where prices will be much higher once it hits the user.

Sorry, it has just been a pet peeve hearing small time sources using the steroids in baseball as a way to up their prices.....

IF. in fact things were to change drastically in the near future which they indeed might.. it wouldnt effect the person buying a cycle for himself until a couple months later, or even a year+ down the road..

When a cocaine dealer gets popped bringing the worlds BIGGEST load into america.. it doesnt effect the street prices that day.. im just saying its way to early for small time sources and some of the bigger sources to start crying that its so hard out here dodging the feds, give me more money.

But again you made some very valid points. Economically speaking it shouldnt be effecting us that much (yet)... Sorry about the grammar little buzzed right now ; )

Last edited:
I would like to add 1 more thing about price. Juice23 I agree with what you said but I know back in the day when I was doing things and I'm not talking about steroids but regardless when thinds got really HOT and LE is trying to make A quick statment to appease the public Price might go up. I'ts only right the guys that sell are takeing a lot more risk today then they were before these busts started. So higher risk means higher prices. At least thats how i think.. And the source he dont care if you pay his price cuzz someone else will pay so there pretty much saying take it or leave it it's up to you. And espicialy were the charge for steroids is the same as herion. Crazzy!

Back