will this work?

WannaJuice

ok so for the past couple of months i have been eating sooo shitty. fast food, candy, sodas. i can tell i'm getting a little bigger and i'm ready to lose it. right now i'm 5'11 about 200 lbs and i cut out all the sody candy and fast food. i'm eating chicken, sandwhiches, turkey protien shakes. just pretty much home stuff. i've been hitting cardio for about 45 min a day and i'm staying under 2000 cals a day. will this work for losing weight or will i have to go all out and eat real real clean? someone help me!

im no pro or anything but if your doing 45 minutes of cardio every day and your staying under 2,000 calories a day i think just about anyone would lose weight with this kinda routine....sounds like your eating clean enough to me..

yeah thats probably true. my goal is about 165-170. i was really into lifting but i just wanna get rid of all the fat then worrry about the lifting part.

Well, weight aside, I would start lifting hard and running hard. IMO, working out is an amazing aerobic excersize and can definatly help with weight loss. I would just start doing some regular work, some lower weight maybe with high volume reps. 2k cals and good protiens less carbs and fats. Mostly sounds good, hit the weights man, you'll look better while your losing weight. Keep off the candy, i spent my summer eating atleast 1/4 a day from my girlfriend who works at a candy shop on the beach. I hadn't gone to a dentist in a year when I went two weeks back. No joke I had 5 cavities, it's going to take two sessions to finish them = DEATH

Aerobic - Involving or improving oxygen consumption by the body: aerobic exercise.

Just interesting, had to dictionary.com it.

1. start using weights along with cardio
2. 2000 cals is too low if youre just starting a diet. Id start at around 2500 and adjust form there.

Lift wiehgts your already at the gym, and appearently a little more excerise wouldnt kill you, plus the benfits of cardio as far as losing wiehgt basically stop once you stop cardio, however additional muscle will burn more calories throughtout the day, its in your benfit to lift wieghts now.

dcorti01 said:
Lift wiehgts your already at the gym, and appearently a little more excerise wouldnt kill you, plus the benfits of cardio as far as losing wiehgt basically stop once you stop cardio, however additional muscle will burn more calories throughtout the day, its in your benfit to lift wieghts now.
1. learn how to spell
2. high intensity cardio increases calorie expenditure post-cardio

First off I would focus on eating clean. Get used to eating better choices and see how your body responds.

If you are not Weight Lifting I would do that as well.

You would be surprised what kind of changes your body will make just by ditching the shitty food and choosing healthy alternatives.

When I decided to eat clean I can eat as much as I want and my body tends to gain muscle and lean up. But.. you need to know your body and how it reacts to certain food.

Easto said:
First off I would focus on eating clean. Get used to eating better choices and see how your body responds.

If you are not Weight Lifting I would do that as well.

You would be surprised what kind of changes your body will make just by ditching the shitty food and choosing healthy alternatives.

When I decided to eat clean I can eat as much as I want and my body tends to gain muscle and lean up. But.. you need to know your body and how it reacts to certain food.
But what about the vegetables Easto? WHAT ABOUT THE VEGETABLES!!!!!????? :molepoke: :doh: :Poke: :p :p

haha learn how to spell. thats funny. anyways yeah i was lifting for about 8 months straight and not really doing cardio but now i'm just gunna man up and do both. thanks guys!

get your body fat percentage, feed the lean body mass, lean body mass x12 will give you your daily calories. lift 1 body part 3 excercise 12-15 reps cardio withit every other day for 20 minutes right after weights that gets your heart rate to 144-160 each week ad 2 minutes to cardio till your at half hour than switch the type of cardio to another drop back to 20 minutes. eat majority of your carbs meals 1,2,3 green fibourous carbs, meal 4,5,6. drink 1 gallon h20.

make sure your protein intake is 1.5g xs your body weight the rest of your calories from good carbs and fat, you must lift weight

i would not go to hard on cardio right now i made that mistake, only add intensity and duraton when your body adapts, if you do 45-60 now how much and how hard will you have to work in a month from now when your body is use to it, use being out of shpe to your advantage, anymore than a hour of weights and cardio your body system is done starts to hurt you more than help you, over training, if your not enhanced that is, start off slow increase as you need it. small changes the body responds better than drastic, trust me i was going balls out and it was the worst thing i could have done. if i had to start over i would have done it like i posted for you , i went frm 235 32%bf currently 190-193 at 15% natural no Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) to hold lean mass no clen, eca for a bit thats it. Also skating i believe in anaroebic not aroebic correct me if i am wrong .
go slwo shoot for 1-2 pound fatloss a week max more than that your losing your fat burning engines, muscle

throw it in way down the line like 5 pounds from goal, dont use anything until you absolutely have to , everything i have read tell me eca is better than clen for longer durations, ahin dont ue anything until you about 5-10 pounds out just my opinion

WannaJuice said:
sounds good. i will start monday. oh i have some clen too. maybe i should throw that in along the line
Don't use clen till absolutely needed. There is really no point. It's always best to achieve your goals for natural as long as possible.

what up bro, you are the same exact size as myself when I started going on a little diet plan.
I always lifted, but ate real bad... I have a huge sweet touth and fast food sodas you name it I ate it!
I decided to get on this board read a few things about nutrition and find out whats good for your body like oatmeal in the morning, brocoli, brown rice for carbs lots of lean meats for protein and etc.

I have never ran and I hate running, but changing my diet alone has helped me drop 10 lbs of fat and gain a whole alot of muscle. Before I jumped on some Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) I was still natural and held 190 at almost single digit bf #'s.

So yes if you change your diet alone ....even just a little bit sit back and wait you will see the difference. If I was you I would not start with cardio yet but maybe change of diet not too low as 2k but 2.5-2.8 should be fine as long as you are really eating clean or 5 days out of the week I would say would be perfect. Trust me eating right is the way and the best part is you wont even have to run ... save that for later once your metabolism slows down than toss in some cardio to get a jump start again. my 02.

WannaJuice said:
k cool. what are some carbs that i should stay away from that people usually eat daily?

I get this question alot and its funny that most people, know exactly whats bad for them they just ask anyway.
I mean you don't need me to tell you that snickers is bad for ya , or that mc donallds is not that great either.

The things that you need to know are the things that fool you on tv. Kind of like Milk, its really not that good for you. I would switch to soy and even then you should not have that daily. Too much processed sugars.

Cerial is another, Yes I know the label says its got 2 billion vitamins and nutriens but its also packed with whole lot of carbs and some of the bad ones have saturated fats in em. Try oatmeal and I am talking about the real deal oats not the sugar coated ones.

I even tend to stay away from juices, drink water instead and dilute your juice with water those things are too sweet anyway.

Simple lifestyle changes and you will see major chane in your self.

There are plenty of foods out there that are good for you and tasty while at it you just have to be more creative... for instance I have found this jug of strawberry jam at safe way with 5calories per tablespoon! its made with splenda and it tasts freaking great.
Mix your oats with a protein shake and it makes a world of difference... there is alot of info on this forum about nutrition and food recepies but you can't ask everyone here for every detail you have to do some homework and get that search engine fired up. good luck

Back