With great TRT knowledge, Comes great sarcasm ?

Dk1123

I've always used forums to gain knowledge and better my understanding of what ever issue or topic i needed, The amount of personal experiences and information is really beyond helpful IMO. But there can also be a sense of superiority that some members seem to get after they have been there for a number of years or enough time that they almost take on an arrogant stand point when someone new, doesn't know as much as they do at the current time. Or maybe even will ask a stupid question in there eyes, And before you know it the person gets jumped on, called stupid countless times and usually still doesn't get a half reasonable answer to the original question lol.

I see this alot with TRT forums espeacially and one of the reasons i wanted to be a part of this forum is there's less of it here than almost any other one. People can be quick to judge sometimes and might be forgetting a time where they too, were not " in the know " and might have also had trouble on the way to getting a balanced TRT routine and/or decent clinic. I mean these days it's still possible to get the wrong information even from someones primary doctor in regards to hormones and dosages, if they can even get that far.

Now while i personally was someone that wanted to have a great understanding of the endocrine system before TRT and the changes that would occur from TRT or any hormone introduced into the body. I understand tho, that for some people it's to late and the damage might already be done. These are the ones who probably need straight answers the most and sometimes get mixed up in a battle of egos when trying to ask. There are people on these forums with a vast amount of information and perspective, I just hate when over time there mentality shifts to something, Not so helpful. I defintely give credit to the people who are long time forum members but yet stay humble and can not only tell someone why or where they have went wrong, but how and what they have to do to get right. I have seen a few already just in the very short time iv'e been here.

I am new to TRT. A month ago I had never even considered reading anything about it. Little did I know that by the New year I would be getting treated. I believe that my T was low for a long time however I probably aided in the drop in the last year. Anyway......with little knowledge on the subject I came here and I was given honest straight forward information and advice. The members here have not shown any sarcasm or arrogance and that speaks volumes to their desire to use personal knowledge and experience to help others and for that I am very grateful. Great place to learn.

I think you will find much great information on this forum. I would say egos can tend to be high as many individuals that frequent these forums are pretty well up to speed on the process of TRT and many have been on TRT for some time. Dont let that get in your way of taking in as much information as you can! Most guys are here to help and do a great job of it IMO

Welcome and dont hesitate to ask away, I am here to help

Dr. B

Welcome to the board, :wavey:

A good post i will say. I have seen the same over the years but i will stand behind O'logy for the most part the moderators try to keep everyone heads on straight. I will admit some time ago i was a bit short , to say the least , with the noobs. This forum has helped me to get to be more real and understanding..... I mean who the fuck am I... just a guy with maybe more experience or study. WTF, listen we all started somewhere and that wasn't on the top.

Thanks for the Q"s and the share... Hope we at Steroidology can help as well.

OMM

Well said, and brings to mind a quote by Rudyard Kiplin....

"If"
If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, dont deal in lies,
Or being hated, dont give way to hating,
And yet dont look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream and not make dreams your master;
If you can think and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth youve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: Hold on!;

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds; worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything thats in it,
And;which is more;you'll be a Man, my son!"

Last edited:
Now all that being said, I have also seen it the other way around where a person very new to a forum makes a post and chooses to ignore ALL of the help and information that someone is trying to give them. For example, They post a complete cycle done wrong from start to finish and when members try to explain the damage this will do or what they should be doing instead, they become a little smart ass about it and refuse to take any advice at all. Now in that case, I can't blame the people that get fed up with that. Some of you on here have been guiding people for a very long time with very accurate and well researched data, all in the interest of helping someone who needs it , So I think that should be appreciated . I look forward to getting feedback and advice myself from these people as i continue.

I've been on 1 other forum as a newb but read lots over the years. In my experience 1st cycle has always been the faithful 500mg week test. If you dont know that, you aint read the stickies. I didnt read TRT then. Its grown up here in the roid forums. If someone needs to be treated with care they aint ready for needles. I do think straight up disrespect is over the line. Sarcasm with a bit of truth is ok. Ridiculious cycle and the person wont listen gets a "see you in TRT".

I have wished there was a way to make people keep posting. If every person in here posting B.S. or suffering bad TRT had to post reports and labs for a year we would have cycles and TRT quantified across the general population. The best scientific analysis possible. Finding a way as a community to keep people posting would be great.

I try to share information mostly and always say "in my opinion" if I can't link back to something. It may be a highly respected forum member. If I read it in 3js post I'll more than likely repeat it. Everything I say is repeating someone who already figured it out.

I do wish there was a way to communicate better. I always take most posts as a dude just talking to me. How do we politely talk strangers out of bad ideas? The TRT protocol advocated on here is backed by lots of referenced studies. My doctors treated me like I was stupid. I had references printed with references listed for my statements ((((epilepsy effects endocrine system 1,3,4,5,9,12,24,31))))) and even highlighted the quoted sections in the copy I had for the doctor!!! I see lots of us get more aggressive when talking about care doctors give. I have those feelings come back of a doctor fumbling through papers and unable to answer my questions end the visit by disregarding everything I said. We have to dump information on those guys so they can learn and fight back. Possibly educate their docs. Its said we are changed in some way by all information we are exposed to.

Then there are the self prescribed with protocols that look like crap. . . . . We have to talk those guys into good protocols. It can be like the bad cycles.

It's a hard dance. Written language is hard.

Do I sound like a douce? I should only be taken semi serious. It ain't serious. As serious as I get is calling for a reference fight. But I've lost tons of those so I have to be ready!!!

I read this the other day and I started trying to use "us", "we", "our". More than "you", "you", "you". We can all work on being nicer more than likely haha

I once heard discussions on internet forums should be treated like you are hanging out with a bunch of your buddies in a bar, drinking beer, burping and farting. Every now & then somebody blurts out something - that's how you should consider these posts.

If you put too much more into it than that, you are being a bit lazy on educating yourself to form your own opinions.

To Mycelium and others. I learned many years ago ( hard to always do this) then it was not to use me, mine and myself. It was always we, us and ours. My boss came and got into my face because , when reprimanding a sub-contractor i told him he was to do or not do on MY Jobsite . Huh ! Like the State Trooper who tells you how to drive on HIS highway/ road.

Having Pride is OK.... But not to be Prideful

Last edited:
Not specifically to TRT knowledge alone, but in spite of anyone's background I have never placed more value on knowledge over experience. When I was in school I had great teachers, (CSCS, coaches, Masters degrees etc), but I never allowed my mindset to drift into thinking I knew more than the old school guys back home in the gym. I try to keep the same attitude here, but you always find there are those with small minds/egos that will take any opportunity that you give them to validate themselves. In the pursuit of not just knowledge, but wisdom its important to remain humble.

I get it some people do take things a little too far sometimes.

But you also have to see the other side, some of us have been here 10 or 15 years. We see the same threads OVER and OVER again. Many of the basic questions can be answered with even a day of research. So sometimes we see newbs as lazy and want to be spoon fed.

Then when we finally cave in and type the response we have typed over 10,000 times the new guy usually goes:

"well what about this, I read this and that and this and that"

Then we have to go and defend our position lol. All new guys do the same thing, most of us vets can spot them from a mile away just based on how they word a question. So for us it gets repetitive and can be uninteresting.

So don't take it personal, the vets here are a great source of knowledge, most of them know more about TRT then any doctor you will ever meet. Its tough love.

Last edited:
Good stuff IMT staff...

Sometimes i wanna make a generic statement and copy paste to noobs, but each the same BUT not the same. I feel i gotta talk to OP in his way as best as possible. I always try to share facts or in some case just what i went thru, my experiences and but many times.

Good post ^^^

Science is moving fast and i have learned much since coming to O'logy over 4 years ago. :)

OMM

Last edited:
Thanks for this read...as a newb you all have been helpful and my head is still attached. I've ology'd and sticky'd the shitte outta this forum some were printed for me to have as a quick reference. Yes admitted to closed eyes and plunging into the pool (story of.my life) I am in a career field where one will always know more than you and your mouth can be your worst enemy. I do find that some of the threads are 3 years old or more so commenting or asking questions on that particular thread seems futile. So I revert to the asking the same question on my new question thread that has been asked gazillions and then the knowledgeable ones answer it again in a vicious loop....guilty as charged....

Now all that being said, I have also seen it the other way around where a person very new to a forum makes a post and chooses to ignore ALL of the help and information that someone is trying to give them. For example, They post a complete cycle done wrong from start to finish and when members try to explain the damage this will do or what they should be doing instead, they become a little smart ass about it and refuse to take any advice at all. Now in that case, I can't blame the people that get fed up with that. Some of you on here have been guiding people for a very long time with very accurate and well researched data, all in the interest of helping someone who needs it , So I think that should be appreciated . I look forward to getting feedback and advice myself from these people as i continue.

for sure, its like watching an ant heading for a drop off and nothing we do will prevent that.

Back