Working Abs on cycle

C

chirodoc

Hey I was wondering if it is ok to work abs while on a cycle?
Some IFBB Champion at my gym told me I was wasting my time doing my abs while I am cycling- He says building ab muscles, were going to make my stomach look bigger therefore taking away from my other assets. Just wanted to know if this info holds any merit or not?

Never heard that in my life. I have heard that doig heavy weights with your abs can increase your "stomach" size but I would sya that's probably more to do with GH abuse. Just look at fighters - they do some heavy ass ab work yet many still have tiny waists and are shredded.

There is no reason not work abs, in fact they should be worked to balance out your lower back muscles.

I would say a strong core is essential for lifting, however, Doing abs wont bring you a six pack per se. Everyone has a six pack, but most people have 20lbs of fat covering it. Diet and cardio will be what helps with showing good abs.

Champ

yea, even if u get bloat over the abs when u are cycling, still do them, cuz when you stop cycling, and that bloat goes away and u pick up ur cardio harder they will show eaiser

Always work your abs, be it a lean/cutting style cycle, or even a bulking one. I've always worked mine with high reps, but recently swapped over to a high weighted, simple 3-4 exercises with a max of 12 concentrated reps. It seems to be working, but I do understand how one taking GH could obtain a larger midsection from doing heavier weights.

I do abs 4 days a week. Some people do abs 2-3 times, and others depending on their training schedule would do them every time they train.

That was pretty retarded. It amazes me to hear the advice some really big guys give out sometimes. It makes you realize just how important genetics are. lol
Some fo these folks grow in spite of themselves.

I work my abs with weights twice a week. I work them without weights 3 times a week. I get the medicine ball slammed into them while I lay on the floor...three times a week.
I do this whether or not I am on gear (including gh). It certainly hasn't made my abs grow instead of everything else. It does make them look alot better. It also makes it much easier on me when I take a round kick or a hook to the body.

Back