Would Finesteride help with Tren related shedding AFTER discontinued Tren use

djhype

A little about me:

40 years old, ran 4 cycles, never ran Tren, Have most my hair, and a slight widows peak at 40, Dad has about the same at 70

Ran Tren at low doses for 5 weeks and then got hit with shedding, I dropped the Tren and have continued running Var instead to finish my cutting cycle, hair shed persists. I also fasted before cycle.

Going to start PCT tomorow.

Now I know they say fin is useless with Tren, but as it stands I stopped using Tren Ace over 2 weeks ago and I'm still shedding.

So it's clearly out of my system, would the fin help?

last i checked tren is a non dht steroid and as such has very little potential to cause hair loss.
Did you also run anavar for these 5 weeks? Because that's a different story compared to tren and i'm willing to bet that's the reason you're still shedding.
I'm assuming you were on testosterone as well?
What doses of everything did you take and how often?

Last edited:
last i checked tren is a non dht steroid and as such has very little potential to cause hair loss.
Did you also run anavar for these 5 weeks? Because that's a different story compared to tren.
I'm assuming you were on testosterone as well?
I heard the opposite, Tren is killer on the hair. I was only running test with the tren both low dose. Only switched to
var after the shed.

I'm wondering if the shedding could have been from the pre cycle fast which I heard was possible.

I heard the opposite, Tren is killer on the hair. I was only running test with the tren both low dose. Only switched to
var after the shed.
I'm wondering if the shedding could have been from the pre cycle fast which I heard was possible.

DHT steroids or derivatives is what's the main cause for male pattern baldness or rather the acceleration of it.
Tren is not a DHT steroid and while EVERY steroid has the potential to cause hair loss, tren is one of the low risk ones.
Things such as winstrol, masteron, anavar etc are known to cause hair loss.

Stop your anavar use and i'm sure you'll stop shedding hair.
How much did you take per day?
Anything else in the mix?

I'm sorry for not being able to assist you with the finasteride part. I've never had this issue myself and heard it can also be pretty bad for you.

Last edited:
I'm taking 60 mg of very good var a day, but I'll say this, the only two compounds i was taking when the shedding hit was 150 mg of tren A and 100 mg of test prop a week. I did run a fast before the cycle though, so there is remote chance this started Tellifum Effluvium.

I have to say though, that I have heard conflicting reports of Tren and hair loss and it being 5xmore androgenic than test, most say it is one of the most ruthless on the hairline.

My hairline looks the same btw, what I have noticed is diffuse thinning.

Last edited:
Again... DHT is the main cause for steroid hair loss... And no, it's not impossible for tren being the cause in your case, as all steroids can accelerate it if you have genes for it.
But 100000% anavar is not helping you one bit because if you lose hair on tren, which is a low risk steroid. The androgenic rating doesn't matter, it's the chemical composition, which again, tren is not a DHT steroid.

Anavar has a 9 hour half life, how about quitting it for a week and see what happens?

Thanks.Is AS relate hairloss mean goodbye hair forever or is there a chance at regrowth?

This is my first shed.

Thanks.Is AS relate hairloss mean goodbye hair forever or is there a chance at regrowth?
This is my first shed.

There's several products that can help, but i'm unsure if they can regrow or just stops the shedding, you can also do transplants, wigs etc. You will have to weigh the risk/reward scenario for doing ASS vs potentially losing hair.
I have my head shaved because I like the military cut but thats just me lol :p

never had this issue but I know other members are experts in this area and can help you more specific with finasteride and treatments etc.
I mostly know steroid stuff :)

A little about me:

40 years old, ran 4 cycles, never ran Tren, Have most my hair, and a slight widows peak at 40, Dad has about the same at 70

Ran Tren at low doses for 5 weeks and then got hit with shedding, I dropped the Tren and have continued running Var instead to finish my cutting cycle, hair shed persists. I also fasted before cycle.

Now I know they say fin is useless with Tren, but as it stands I stopped using Tren Ace over 2 weeks ago and I'm still shedding.

tren does not shed your hair. As @papanoel says, tren is not a derivative of DHT. You can use "dutasteride" for hair loss. dht blocks. minoxil for reconstruction. pour the dutasteride capsules into minoxil. You can do it with the help of syringe. Shake well and rub it on your head. hold for at least 4 hours. do it every day.
you also don't want to use finasteride if you don't use testosterone.

To clear things up:

DHT is not the main cause of hair loss .
It is called Androgenic Alopecia or *Male Pattern Baldness* and if you are prone to it, you gonna shed a lot while taking such a strong androgenic aas .
More androgen = more hair loss
It's that simple .
Also while Var has very low androgenic activity but it is a DHT derived steroid and as DHT is an androgen, people with Androgenic Alopecia should expect more hair loss while on it .

To clear things up:

DHT is not the main cause of hair loss .
It is called Androgenic Alopecia or *Male Pattern Baldness* and if you are prone to it, you gonna shed a lot while taking such a strong androgenic aas .
More androgen = more hair loss
It's that simple .
Also while Var has very low androgenic activity but it is a DHT derived steroid and as DHT is an androgen, people with Androgenic Alopecia should expect more hair loss while on it .

well said there bossman.

A little about me:

what doses of tren did you do and what else was in the mix? did you have any side issues?

var after the shed.

where did you read this? tren does not affect hair issues. unless you pour it directly on your hair.

It's hard to say what is causing your hairloss.. Everybody reacts different. I for one tend to lose a little hair when taking EQ. Yes, EQ. I'm good with winny,var,dbol, test. go figure..

if you are concerned about your hair:
1- stop taking roids and go natty
2- stick to hgh and low dose test (~200mg test)
3- get a hair transplant and tren/mast/winny/drol hard and laugh @ people with big hairy body and small bald head .

Back