YanksWS96's Week 2 NFL Picks

YanksWS96

The Price is Wrong, BITCH
Ravens over Raiders - - - That Raven defense looked as good as it did in when the won the Super Bowl a few years back. The Raiders offense looked pitiful in that Monday nighter against the Chargers. And Steve McNair, prior to my original assumption, looks rejuvinated.

Saints over Packers - - - The Deuce McAllister and Reggie Bush combination should be enough in this one. Have you seen Brett Favre? I mean have you REALLY seen Brett Favre? Retire already!

Colts over Texans - - - Texans win this one if Mario Williams sacks Peyton Manning 8 times. Since that isn't going to happen, I think Manning will shred this Houston D like Dononvan McNabb tore it up it last week.

Dolphins over Bills - - - The Bills gave the Patriots a scare last week, and while they may compete with the Fins, I still think they lose. Daunte Culpepper should bounce back with a better week.

Panthers over Vikings - - - I am forced to hesitate on this one, due to the poor performance of the Panthers in Week 1 and the Vikings squeaker over the Redskins. I go with the Panthers because I'm still not convinced that a 38-year old quarterback (Brad Johnson) can continuously win ballgames (see Brett Favre).

Falcons over Bucs - - - This one is tough, especially since the Falcons might not have defensive lineman John Abraham and Patrick Kerney in the lineup. But, Chris Simms looked terrible in Week 1, and their backup wasn't much better. Michael Vick wins this game for the Falcons with help from Warrick Dunn.

Eagles over Giants - - - This should also be a good game. I like Donovan McNabb and the Eagles in this game, but would not be surprised if the Giants pulled off the "upset" (though it wouldn't be much of an upset). I go with the home team in this one, though.

Bears over Lions - - - Did you see the Bears defense in Week 1? Did you see the Lions offense in Week 1? This one is a no-brainer, especially if Rex Grossman plays out of his mind for the second straight week.

Bengals over Browns - - - A healthy Carson Palmer and a good defense should get past the Browns. Charlie Frye is not the answer for the Browns.

Rams over 49ers - - - Who thought this would be a tough pick for me? Well, it was. 6 field goals in Week 1 for the Rams? What about the touchdowns? That was left to Alex Smith and company in their loss to the Cardinals. I will continue to pick against the 49ers when they're on the road and/or until Alex Smith really gets into the groove.

Cardinals over Seahawks - - - ****UPSET SPECIAL**** This pick will probably turn out to be a bust, but the Cardinals have shown that they have the offense to make them contenders. The Seahawks scored 9 points against the Lions. I give the Cardinals a fighting chance in this one...if they can hold Shaun Alexander under 150 yards.

Broncos over Chiefs - - - I originally had the Chiefs in this game until Trent Green got hit hard in Week 1. The Broncos were dreadful in Week 1, but I think Jake Plummer bounces back. I go with the home team in this game.

Patriots over Jets - - - If Chad Pennington plays lights out in this game like he did in Week 1, the Jets make this close, perhaps even win it. But, I think the Patriots offense does just enough to win the game. That, and Tom Brady always finds a way to win.

Chargers over Titans - - - The game plan is simple: Just give the ball to LaDanian Tomlinson. He dominated the Raiders in Week 1; he'll do the same to the Titans in Week 2. 150 yards and 2 touchdowns for L.T.

Cowboys over Redskins - - - Drew Bledsoe has got to play better in order to make this pick stand up. If he plays like he did in Week 1, the Redskins probably squeak by. My gameplan: give the ball to Julius Jones, he looked impressive in Week 1.

Steelers over Jaguars - - - Ben Rothelisberger should be back for Week 2. Of course, that doesn't seem to matter; Charlie Batch was great in Week 1. Willie Parker proved that he can take Jerome Bettis's place at running back. The Jaguars will be without defensive end Reggie Hayward for the rest of the season. Steelers offense rolls.

That Oakland game was fun to watch. The oakland offense will be the worst offense in the NFL. Their offensive cordinator has been running a bed and nreakfast in Idaho for * years. In those 8 years he didn't even coach high school ball. 8 years away from the game is way too long. What does it all mean? If you play fantasy football start any defense or player that goes up against the Raiders.

Back