Yohimbine thread :) due to popular demand lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

supergirl

ok ladies.. several of us have used different preparations of yohimbine.. in powder form (HCL) via dmso, thimocase or plo gel... or pill form... It has proven to spot reduce as well as shed extra fat... It can however hold water and create other side effects which i will also discuss...
Granted yohimbine is medically used for erectile dysfunction in men, it has fat loss capabilities... Yohimbine is an Alpha-2 antagonist aka blocker... Here is some information for everyone to better understand the role yohimbine can play in fat loss... :)

First.. what and where are Alpha-2 receptors...

Alpha-2 receptors are common in sites of the body that tend to accumulate fat; abdomen, breasts, buttocks and thighs. When exposed to circulating norepinephrine and epinephrine, alpha-2 receptor sites inhibit lipolysis (the release of fatty acids), while the beta receptors stimulate lipolysis. Basically, epinephrine and norepinephrine stimulate the release of fatty acids from adipose tissue into the blood stream. Once in the blood stream, fatty acids are usually rapidly oxidized (however, much more efficiently on an empty stomach). Generally, when fatty acid blood concentration is high, it favors fat storage.

What yohimbine can do...

Yohimbine blocks the alpha-2 receptors which is useful during weight loss to free up epinephrine and norepinephrine, making more available to stimulate beta receptor sites, resulting in a higher rate of lipolysis. Also, yohimbine, through its alpha 2-adrenergic receptor antagonist activity, has been shown to increase levels of norepinephrine in the blood stream.

From an ISSA study (my training cert) - Galitzky and coworkers observed during their 14- day study of yohimbine treatment that lipid-mobilizing effects were sustained during this study period. This research collaborated their earlier observations found using yohimbine as a lipid-mobilizing agent, as well as from the research of Lafontan and coworkers. Yohimbine is a selective alpha 2 antagonist and can maximize NE levels, thus maximizing fat loss, particularly in female problem areas.

Yohimbine vs. yohimbe (taken from 1fast400)

"Quite a bit of confusion seems to exist about the difference between Yohimbine and yohimbe. Yohimbine is the principal alkaloid from the herb P. yohimbe. However, there are 31 other yohimbane alkaloids that can be present in herbal yohimbe preparations. Some of these have different and unknown selectivities and potencies (and thus, effects) at the adrenergic receptors (8, 9) -- in addition, these preparations vary greatly from brand to brand and even from batch to batch, as no standardization for extraction exists. In fact, a recent investigation found that most over the counter preparations have little to no actual yohimbine (10). And, even in the more potent preparations, most people find a higher degree of undesirable effects with the herb vs. pure Yohimbine Hydrochloride"

Dosing of yohimbine HCL: 10mgs per 100lbs or (0.2mg/kg of bodyweight) other yohimbe/herbal formulas vary

side effects: dizziness, anxiety, skin flushing, headaches, hyperstimulation and nausea.. Most common and most important to monitor: rapid increase in heart rate during cardiovascular activity

***Best to be taken first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.. Here is why...
The lipid-mobilizing effects of yohimbine are completely negated when administered with or after a meal. Yohimbine increases insulin secretion during glucose stimulation (a meal). Yohimbine when takin with a meal, causes increased insulin secretion which blunts its lipid mobilizing effects... However, in fasting conditions, yohimbine does not increase insulin levels. These results demonstrate the importance of nutritional status when administering a 2-antagonists as lipid-mobilizing agents. Yohimbine administration first thing in the morning on an empty stomach could be followed in two to three hours by ingestion of a high-protein, high-fat meal... At least this is the MOST optimal way to utilize yohimbine.

Oral yohimbine can come in pharmaceutical grade capsules OR powder.. Powder can be combined with a dmso, plo etc for a topical use.. also great for spot reductions!!! Oral is more potent and more precautions should be used...

So there you have it :) Please feel free to add anything i may have missed... personal experiences etc!! Enjoy!!

luv super

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting that Supergirl. I get so many questions regarding yohimbine and this is very helpful. It's nice to have a link to send them to. :kiss:

that cleared up a lot!! i've heard so much about it but there was still so much confussion, ya know. so, where can you buy it?? i'd like to try some of the powder, but what is 'dmso' and 'plo'? i feel so retarded asking, but i'm still in the learning process. lol. thanks!!:)
~Caroline

i know that FYRE says that she tried it with an ECY stack and without, but SUPERGIRL, what is your opinion of mixing with EC???

Also you said that dosing is 10mg, I have yohimbine HCL capsules that are 2.7mg each, so i want to take about 3 or 4 pills a day???

It also mentioned to take in the morning, so it doesn't matter when you work out in relation (I was taking it about 30-45 minutes before my workouts)??

pokkeyy said:
i know that FYRE says that she tried it with an ECY stack and without, but SUPERGIRL, what is your opinion of mixing with EC???

Also you said that dosing is 10mg, I have yohimbine HCL capsules that are 2.7mg each, so i want to take about 3 or 4 pills a day???

It also mentioned to take in the morning, so it doesn't matter when you work out in relation (I was taking it about 30-45 minutes before my workouts)??

i usually take Yohimbine with an eca... granted you will get more of a rush and more jitters, but they do work well together... be prepared to sweat your ass off and DRINK a lot of water!!! The key with any type thermogenic is to keep hydrated!

Pok.. keep in mind that 10mgs per 100lbs is an AVERAGE... you might not be able to tolerate that much.. the key is to listen to your body and feel it out... But 2.7 is quite low, imo i would use 2 at a dosage...

Yohimbine as you can read above is quite insulin sensitive... so the key here with timing is to take yohimbine after not eating for at least an hour - 2 hours.. first thing in the morning is the most potent obviously because you have been fasting for about 608 hours during sleep, so it will work the best.... i like to wake up, take my stack, go do cardio and then eat... That i felt to be the most potent way!!! but if you want to break it up, i would suggest take 1-2 in the morning first thing.. then 1-2 pre workout/ afternoon (but only after 1-2 hours after your last meal)

does that help?? :)

thanx for this one of my boys is ordering the powder and wanted to know what strength to make it......... do you know what dose the tabs normaly come in :D

thanx

Just a warning to everyone out there. I recently bought some of the Yohimbe 1111 caps which are 1111 mg of Yohimbe Extract and approximately 2% Yohimbine. This equates to approximately 22 mg of Yohimbine if I take 1 pill per day. I decided to take one before bed rather than in the morning and it turned out to be a REALLY BAD decision. I woke up at 2am with my heart beating really fast and covered in sweat. It really freaked me out! I'd strongly suggest to everyone to take small doses of this stuff at first until you realize your tolerance.

Ok, everyone can go ahead and call me an idiot now for being stupid. Abs will come in time Raiz, abs will come in time...

I really only want this stuff to help out with my stomach. It's the only area that I'm unhappy with. Is it possible to break these capsules open and make some sort of cream to rub on my stomach and get the same desired effect? What should I mix them with? Will they still cause me to sweat and have an elevated heart rate?

Raiz said:
I really only want this stuff to help out with my stomach. It's the only area that I'm unhappy with. Is it possible to break these capsules open and make some sort of cream to rub on my stomach and get the same desired effect? What should I mix them with? Will they still cause me to sweat and have an elevated heart rate?

yes.. you can take the yohimbe powder and mix it with dmso or plo gel and rub it on problem areas for spot reduction... (read my initial post on this)

YES you may still experience an elevated heart rate and yes you will defintely sweat!

super

Can't you also just put it in some aloe vera gel? I have a book that lists this as well as peppermint oil (yohimburn) as a method of administration. Aloe I would think would be more pleasant than DMSO for obvious reasons.

02gixxersix said:
Can't you also just put it in some aloe vera gel? I have a book that lists this as well as peppermint oil (yohimburn) as a method of administration. Aloe I would think would be more pleasant than DMSO for obvious reasons.
give it a shot, let me know how it works ;)

the idea of dmso or plo gel is the fact that it is a dermal carrier, meaning it will transport the "substance" into your system via your skin... Aloe may have this ability, sounds feasible, but i would have to do some research to know for sure...

good suggestion though... i'll try to look into it ;)

Hey. I know this is an old post. But still intresting.

I've order a yohimbine injectable called Reverzine. Comes in 10mg/ml/20ml.

Anyone heard of or tried this ?

Timothy said:
Hey. I know this is an old post. But still intresting.

I've order a yohimbine injectable called Reverzine. Comes in 10mg/ml/20ml.

Anyone heard of or tried this ?

i used AF and would highly recommend them... I trust macro; top quality and fair prices..

btw.. i have used aloe with success!! however i bought the pure all natural clear aloe with no perservatives or crap in it and it works well... actually absorbs faster than plo so i used less powder and more aloe to make sure it carried.. with plo its denser and seems to take longer to absorb but it all gets in there slowly (does that make sense) sometimes i type like i speak and wonder if i'm coming across clearly lol... but anyway.. i think ya'll know what i mean :)

supes

Where do you guys get your yohimbine?

I got some years ago from 1fast400, but wondering if there is a better place to get it... as well as ephedrine

i was just wondering Sci Fit has this stuff called massive yohimbe bark 1200. claimes to have 24mg of yohimbine in it just wondering what you thought of it andy feedback would be greatly appreciated.

you want yohimbine hcl, not yohimbe bark.

what lyle mcdonald has to say about hcl vs bark

lyle said:
some people do report weird stuff from the yohimbe bark (and it is due to the other alkaloids in there). STuff like "Heavy sweating + chills" at the same time, just weird responses. Yohimbe HCL is available (check 1fast400.com) and seems to be 'cleaner' in this regards

"cleaner" meaning less sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back