Your free choice about supplements is in danger folks.....

Do You Think the Government should impose stricter Regulations on supplements?

• No they should stay out of the supplement industry

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Yes they should limit sales to certain age groups

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Yes they should regulate them more possibly by prescriptions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes they should ban their choice of supplements

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nopainnogain

Hey have been reading up on the latest bills in congress. The house has bill H.R.-207 and the senate has bill S.722. They are both aimed at reclassifying many nutritional supplements as controlled supplements. This doesn't just restrict their sale to certain age groups but bans them all together. By doing this if you get caught with any banned supplement you could face criminal prosecution and criminal forfeiture of property.

I know many of my fellow gym buddies that use these supplements many choose to do so since it is legal and they don't want to go to the "dark side" and use Anabolic Androgenic Steroids due to the legal restrictions.

I feel our free choice on nutritional supplements is in danger with the passing of these bills. I have found a link at http://www.usfa.biz to contact your states senators and representatives. This site will generate a letter for you to mail. It is very quick and very easy to do. I hope that all of you will stand up for your rights and take the time to send these letters as your right of choice over supplementation is at stake.

Thank you for your time......

NopainNoGain

its unfortunate that some people have died using ephedra, and i feel bad. but they should read the bottle that clearly states to consult a doc prior to use. i dont want to come off the wrong way but its survival of the fittest. and if someone takes something there body cant handle they are in the wrong. theres a million docters out there, and plenty of awarness out there.

If people just took the recomended dosage there would be no problem. Lots of people think more is better and when it comes to ephedra thats not the case

tednatas said:
its unfortunate that some people have died using ephedra, and i feel bad. but they should read the bottle that clearly states to consult a doc prior to use. i dont want to come off the wrong way but its survival of the fittest. and if someone takes something there body cant handle they are in the wrong. theres a million docters out there, and plenty of awarness out there.

I fully agree. There are alot of benefits with certain supps, I can speak from experience. It is a shame some people ignore the warnings and abuse the product. This gives not only the product a bad name but the person using them as well. People tend to pay more attention to the bad media than to actually research for themselves.

Howdy folks!
I've been reading the forums on this site for a few months now.
I've never posted anything till now, and I feel that this is a great topic.

I've been a member of the Life Extension Foundation for the last 10 years now and this nonsense with the Government and supplements has been going on for years. I feel that what it all boils down to is MONEY.....The FDA, in my opinion, are in some ways like the mafia. Have it their way and they would remove ORANGE JUICE from store shelves for having vitamin C. In short, as long as there is OTC supplements, the FDA doesn't make a RED CENT off it. Only RX do they make a profit. Lets hope that Org's like L.E.F. can keep these guys from getting away with it.

Back