0.01g scales

GymLift

Are all of these 0.01g scales on eBay basically the same or can somebody recommend me to get one in particular or not get one in particular?

Looks like some of the 0.01g scales can't weigh as much as others.

Seems like I would want the scale surface to be metal and something that I can push powder off the edge of (into a beaker or whatever) with a blade.

PS If you don't feel like answering, then please don't. I know that I could manage buying a 0.01g scale on my own without asking this question. Just thought I'd ask incase anyone has some input that they would be happy to add.

DougoeFre5h said:
All scales can be tared, that is, they can be zeroes with a container on top. So you dont need a metal surface.

JS-50x
Doh!

I need to stop worrying about following instructions and starting _thinking_. I don't know why but I had the picture in my mind of powder sitting directly on the scale. Even if the scale didn't have a 'zero' option, I obviously could have just deducted the weight of the beaker or whatever.

Thanks for the scale recommendation. Those scales seem to be a little more expensive, but I guess they're all cheap, really.

Last edited:
In fairness to me, I did so a search for JS50*, which apparently doesn't match 'JS50'

Thanks for wiping my ass for me.

Okay, so the JS-50x weighs up to 50g and the JS-500 weighs up to 500g.

Last edited:
.01 is overkill for home brew less you making clen or sumpin.

and 50g aint enough. i zero the beaker on the scales and add powder. so 200g is better. a big beaker can weiogh 100g.

pullinbig said:
.01 is overkill for home brew less you making clen or sumpin.

and 50g aint enough. i zero the beaker on the scales and add powder. so 200g is better. a big beaker can weiogh 100g.

:werd

I have a myWeigh120 and it works perfect. .1g capability and it cost like $20 i think. It is about the size of a Moto Razr phone, maybe smaller. It weighs up to 120g and it works great. i use a small 1cup measuring scoop to weigh my powder in. Actually, if i am making the whole 100g I just pour it all in the beaker and don't weigh it and do the conversion. I have measured so many, i trust my guy enough now.

Overthinking again are we mranak? :D

i have both 0.1 and 0.01 scales, required the 0.01 for weighing arimidex, both scales cost under $30 with delivery for the pair

If I go with a 0.01g scale, then I'll 'prolly get this cheap $6.99 scale off eBay as it is cheaper than the JS-50 and can at least do up to 100g. Too bad it can't do, for example, 120g.

And for the 0.1g scale, perhaps this 500g scale for $2.99. It must be a piece of shit for $2.99 brand new, but it should get the job done for me, right?

Sucks that shipping is like $15 each, but that's still cheap I guess.

Think I'll go with the 500g/0.1g unit. That unit should offer me more flexibility overall, I think.

Last edited:
Back