1 Muscle Group Per Day?

6ymr47

RAWR!
Viable or not? Also if it is viable what is the reccomended per day part? Ie. Chest Monday etc.

Never tried one per day looks promising.

Thanks!

It is viable but you need at least one day off per week.

Bodyparts...

abdominal
calves
hamstrings
quads
shoulders
chest
back
biceps
triceps

You see 9 parts here and throw traps in with shoulders. Take out abs and calves you have 7 main body parts. I find abs and calves can both take alot and can be thrown in wherever.
I would say do 6 days and throw 2 in together....maybe bis or tris......shoulders and tris.....hamstrings and shoulders.....it is your choice. Quads, back, chest are all pretty big so do those single.

Here is a suggestion.

Mon......quads
Tue......triceps
Wednesday....back
Thursday.....hams and shoulders
Friday.....chest
Saturday....biceps

This is just a sample. Some will disagree and say not to do 6 days per week. You have to find what works for you.

Give it a go and tell us how you find it.

Ty I will give your suggestion a go. When would be the best time for cardio using this? I typically do cardio on my off days.

I don't see the point in one body part per day. It makes me think about too many isolation exercises instead of heavy compound lifts. Although, I guess it depends on your goals.

A few months ago I started doing something like this, and was feeling very confortable, but stopped going to the gym shortly so wasn't able to find out what the results was heading to.

The way I was doing was..

Monday - Chest
Tuesday - Back
Wednesday - Shoulders
Thursday - Legs (Quads, Hamstrings, & Calves)
Friday - Arms (Bis & Tris)(going back and forth between a Bi and Tri exerciser)

Doing Abs and Cardio work every other day (Mon - Wed - Fri). Hitting each part hard (3-4 exercise to each part)

So I guess I have the same question.. can something like this conflict not allowing enough rest for each part?

So I guess I have the same question.. can something like this conflict not allowing enough rest for each part?

It depends on how you train. I only use this technique when trying to cut/shred as it allows me to maintain the intensity while increasing CV training.

If you use this technique you have to be careful not to over-train the one-body-part. Use the amount of work and intensity as you would with a normal say 3 or 4 day split. If you do your normal training with this method you logically should have more energy for your CV training and therefore burn fat while maintaining muscle mass

The below has worked very well for me!

Monday-Chest
Tuesday-Back
Wednesday-Legs
Thurs shoulders
Fri-arms (bi's and tri's)
abs- mon, wed and fri

I rest over the weekend.

i do my cardio for 10-15 min max at the end of my weight workout mon, wed and fri.doesn't sound like much but it helps get me shredded. The concept is that directly after your weight training your body is in a high fat burning zone due to glycogen depletion from your wight routine. i wouldn't go over 15 min though as you risk loosing hard earned muscle.

I do this:

Day 1: Chest
Day 2: Rest / Cardio
Day 3: Back
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: Shoulders
Day 6: Rest / Cardio
Day 7: Legs / Arms (Bi's/Tri)
Day 8: Rest

evrybody part gets trained every 9 days, plenty of time for recovery!

Back